Thread: Mayo Junior Soccer

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    www.soccerbot.com has fixtures
    it looks pretty blank to me .any where else I can find out?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I think the top 5(Port, Celts, Heane, Erris and Manulla) should all have a winning start to the season. Although any upsets would be welcomed.

Fixtures:
    Ballina Town V Westport
    Ballyheane V Snugboro
    Crossmolina V Erris
    Manulla V Ballyglass(interesting one)
    S & F V Celtic

The Boros next 3 fixtures after this are
    Crossmolina Home
    Straide&Foxford away
    Erris (Westaro cup)home

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    are the fixtres for the other leagues out yet ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fixtures Division 2B

Ballyglass B vrs Swinford B
    Castlebar Town (Utd) vrs Blue bomb B
    Cross Celtic (League Debut) vrs Urlaur Utd
    Boro B vrs Glenisland

26 March

2nd Round is on 9 April

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson
    I think the Boro are playing Ballyheane, dunno where, suprising there have been no fixtures posted anywhere yet. The Boro played Castlebar Town(aka United) today, 3-1 victory.
    Was this Boro's first or second team that played?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    It was the first team but it mite as well have been the under 12 as they were very poor!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Also, im not sorry to see ballina utd going and im not afraid to say it. Nobody liked playing them!!! Admit it.
    With the new season just around the corner im wondering why the league hasnt come down stronger on clubs with poor pitches.It seems they turn a blind eye to the lower leagues,I thought we were improving standards. Heres my top 10 crappiest "Fields
    1. Lacken utd 2. Partry ath 3. Urlar utd 4. Castlebar Town 5.Glenisland
    6. Mulranny 7. Conn Rangers 8. Hollister 9. Glenhest 10. Moy Villa
    What do ye think ( in no order of importance but Partry wins hand down!!!)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead
    Also, im not sorry to see ballina utd going and im not afraid to say it. Nobody liked playing them!!! Admit it.
    With the new season just around the corner im wondering why the league hasnt come down stronger on clubs with poor pitches.It seems they turn a blind eye to the lower leagues,I thought we were improving standards. Heres my top 10 crappiest "Fields
    Glenhest were superleague last season and Conn rangers the season before with urlaur only out of it for a few seasons it seems that it isnt only lower league clubs that have poor pitches and are been tirned a blind eye

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead
    Pixiehead I am afraid you have to make allowances for new teams. No team starts their existance with a pitch like Manullas. Partry are only in their third season and redevelopment work is starting this summer on the pitch.
    If you had played on pitches like Ballyheanes old pitch and Ballyglass's old pitch they were far from the standard that they are at today and I am sure that is what all teams are aspiring to. In fairness Moyvilla, Castlebar Town (Utd), Conn Rangers Holister and Glenisland are flat and of a reasonable standard compared again to pitches we all played on in the past. I don't know what club you hail from I am sure that your club had a Dodgy "field" when it first started out so please cut clubs like Partry some slack and if they are still on the same pitch in the same condition in 10 years time then you would have a definate point.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well lads, season getting underway this weekend, whats the predictions, im hoping celtic get a good hammering at the weekend, i dont think im the only person hoping this.
    Renovator- you need to make your points more clearer, you obviously know your stuff but find it very hard to understand your phrasing, did you go to school at all!!!!!!
    gnasher, me aul buddy, hows things, are ya here,are ya there or where are ya!!!
    most of your posts are just aimed at criticising people instead of talking about whats important and thats mayo soccer.
    can someone tell me what in the hell cross celtic are doing entering a team this year.

whats this im hearing about good old committed to the last(yeah whatever) ciaran McD?? that lad cant seem to make up his mind where he's going, apparently hes training with snugboro?? like what the hell is that about.

why is the westaro cup being run on the astroturf, rumour has it that dykes is getting sponsorship for 40 pairs of NIKE 90 astroturf shoes at a cost of 2,400!!like what the hell is that about.

whats the story with this mayo job lads, is their much money involved in it?? i am currently unemployed and would be very interested, THE DON my man, can ya sort me out?? i have little experience but i do bring some fresh oranges at half time!!

lads, im open to criticism, i think i have made some valid points above,

all the best to every club this coming season except Celtic!!i hope you boys have a terrible season cause you treat your home grown players like trash,

see ye sunday,
    Last edited by gotribe; 07/03/2006 at 12:47 AM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gotribe

whats this im hearing about good old committed to the last(yeah whatever) ciaran McD?? that lad cant seem to make up his mind where he's going, apparently hes training with snugboro?? like what the hell is that about.
    Not true. Irish Times said something like "The most gifted footballer to come out of Mayo in this generation is only 31 years old, but Ciarán McDonald has packed it in. The sometime All Star, International Rules player and All-Ireland club winner with Crossmolina was last seen playing junior soccer for Snugboro United."in the paper last friday, but they meant to say Ballyheane.

Celtic have their floodlights up(well 3 of the 4 so far but should all be up by the end of the day) and they should be able to turn them on tomorrow.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie!

can someone tell me what in the hell cross celtic are doing entering a team this year.

Saw this new addition to the League Cross Celtic in Milebush a few weeks ago in some Cup game v a Ballinrobe selection. They looked alright, a bit raw maybe. They dominated much of the second half but lacked the killer touch. Got beat 2-0 but were unlucky. Good to see new teams enter the league. Give them a chance. Really good to see Urlaur back in action.
    Celtic would want to be careful. With the players they have, most of the fringe players that would walk onto many Super League teams will not be happy with fleeting appearances and maybe forced to look elsewhere for 1st team chances.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Early Start

Does anyone think that starting the season so early is going against the whole summer football thing. Pitches wont be in top condition after the recent bad weather and teams also wont have had the chance to prpare properly. even if it wasleft for another couple of weeks things would be beginning to improve and clubs would have had a chance to prepare their grounds IE Cutting Rollling sanding etc . What u think lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Engage

[QUOTE=gotribe]
    gnasher, me aul buddy, hows things, are ya here,are ya there or where are ya!!!
    most of your posts are just aimed at criticising people instead of talking about whats important and thats mayo soccer.

lads, im open to criticism, i think i have made some valid points above,
    QUOTE]

Can someone tell me why I've been woken from my hibernation by this gibberish? I only criticise imbeciles so consider yourself gnashed.

Check my post-history to see who I have a go at, I regularly state that Mayo Soccer is the main winner when ALL teams are doing well.

Ans stop bashing Celtic, that's reserved entirely for my species. (Who really cares if GD got sponsorship to send Ciaran Kelly to NASA with his NIKE Total 90's on! what a plonk!)

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    The S&F Celtic league game is off this weekend, as both teams are playing in the AIB Mayo League Cup Final 2005 in Milebush at 2.30.

All other games kick off at 2.30 except for Ballyheane-Boro which is at 11.30(I hate morning games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by short_frank
    Pixiehead I am afraid you have to make allowances for new teams. No team starts their existance with a pitch like Manullas. Partry are only in their third season and redevelopment work is starting this summer on the pitch.
    If you had played on pitches like Ballyheanes old pitch and Ballyglass's old pitch they were far from the standard that they are at today and I am sure that is what all teams are aspiring to. In fairness Moyvilla, Castlebar Town (Utd), Conn Rangers Holister and Glenisland are flat and of a reasonable standard compared again to pitches we all played on in the past. I don't know what club you hail from I am sure that your club had a Dodgy "field" when it first started out so please cut clubs like Partry some slack and if they are still on the same pitch in the same condition in 10 years time then you would have a definate point.
    Yeah i do agree with ya but in fairness some clubs wont even bother to rent out a roller and a proper cutting machine!! Im not asking for millenium stadiums i just think that some clubs can do alot better with what they have.
    Think about it, if some of the pitches got a decent rolling now when the pitches are still a little soft and a weekly cut during the summer months theyd be fine. But certain clubs still take a poor stance on there own surfaces and my own club didnt start on a field we started in a hospital Hint Hint

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

predictions

"season getting underway this weekend, whats the predictions,"

well lads,this season i can see a few suprises. I think erris united will struggle this year and pre season friendlies proves this, they had some unconvincing performances against lower league opposition i think they will be stuck in a battle with ballyglass and crossmolina to avoid the drop

ballina 1-2 westport
    ballyheane 2-2 snugboro
    crossmolina 1-1 erris
    manulla 2-0 ballyglass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxell
    "season getting underway this weekend, whats the predictions,"

well lads,this season i can see a few suprises. I think erris united will struggle this year and pre season friendlies proves this, they had some unconvincing performances against lower league opposition i think they will be stuck in a battle with ballyglass and crossmolina to avoid the drop

ballina 1-2 westport
    ballyheane 2-2 snugboro
    crossmolina 1-1 erris
    manulla 2-0 ballyglass
    Are ye 100% sure the season starts on sunday?? None of todays papers gave it a metion let alone cover it some things up! I bet theyve changed their mind on account of the westaro cup
    Heres mine any how
    Ballina 0-0 Westport
    Ballyheane 3-1 Snugboro
    Crossmolina 0-3 Erris
    Manulla 1-1 Ballyglass
    Cup Final Celtic 4-1 S+f

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by leftoutside
    I heard the fixtures are out any one know what time is the KO in the superleague & premier next sunday? Any Predictions ?
    Check with the mayo League answer phone 0949021079 assume 2.30pm ko

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson
    The S&F Celtic league game is off this weekend, as both teams are playing in the AIB Mayo League Cup Final 2005 in Milebush at 2.30.
    One of the posts of the month Mr. denilson.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast