Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shels v Derry FAI Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Shelbourne deserve to die for the careless and reckless carry-on that they have been doing for the last 10 years or so. Another Dub City in the making. The start of the slow death for Shelbourne started 3 years ago. The crowds and sums do not add up and there is only ONE direction for Shelbourne and that is to its inevitable slow and painful demise out in the wilds of Santry.

They bring nothing to the League only a few hundred pesky kids, overpaid mercenaries and a crook of a chairman who is loathed almost universally.

Red&White
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    They bring nothing to the League
    Ndo, and Gareth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    The crowds and sums do not add up
    That was my thought looking at the crowd tonight. Where is the money to sustain a squad like they have? ANd I think we all know the answer to that one.

Unfortunate that the game wasn't at the Brandywell as Derry's cut of the gate is going to be half of nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Interested spectator today at Tolka:

http://www.sportsfile.com/fotoweb/FW...3706C938FAE16C

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Shelbourne deserve to die for the careless and reckless carry-on that they have been doing for the last 10 years or so. Another Dub City in the making. The start of the slow death for Shelbourne started 3 years ago. The crowds and sums do not add up and there is only ONE direction for Shelbourne and that is to its inevitable slow and painful demise out in the wilds of Santry.

They bring nothing to the League only a few hundred pesky kids, overpaid mercenaries and a crook of a chairman who is loathed almost universally.
    Was in the RSC this year. 4 fans singing and one banging a drum. The rest of you sit there like you're waiting for the athletics meet to start. The rest of you being barely half of the crowd we get on average.

Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans View Post
    Shels are on their knees at this stage!

Pathetic.
    Next time you finish above us in the league give me a shout and we can chat then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Hiya all,

Well done tonight. Your fans are stunning!! I can safely say best fans I seen in the league this year for sheer volume and support. Highlights will be available tomorrow but for now, the interviews:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=465

Greg O'Halloran, Pat Fenlon and then Ken Oman and Stephen Kenny
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed View Post
    Was in the RSC this year. 4 fans singing and one banging a drum. The rest of you sit there like you're waiting for the athletics meet to start. The rest of you being barely half of the crowd we get on average.

That'll be youse next season in Santry!

if your not wound up b4 then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Bohsfan, ever consider cookery classes cos you clearly like stirring....
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    That was my thought looking at the crowd tonight. Where is the money to sustain a squad like they have? ANd I think we all know the answer to that one.

Unfortunate that the game wasn't at the Brandywell as Derry's cut of the gate is going to be half of nothing.

Bizarrely, Shels would've done much better out of the game had it been in the Brandywell.

With the buzz round the town at the moment, we'd have had 3,000+ of our own at the game, plus the handful of Shels who made it up. So Shels would've got rouighly twice the income if it had been in the Brandywell, and the ultimate result on the pitch wouldn't have been any different for them !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You called! I am aware you Dubs aren't the brightest but when clubs are situated a few miles from each other it is easy to get a crowd. We had well over half the crowd IMO so slate the Shels fans and not us.

Shelbourne FC are an "off the streets" group for 200 Drumcondra teenage chavs but I am puzzled as to their value to professional football in Ireland. Dreadful/dire/horrendous crowd at at match against their title rivals and one which should see the winner life the cup but they can't get more than 600 - 700 fans. I wish clubs with a fanbase and hinterland like Sligo were fighting it out with us and not Ollie Bryne FC.

BTW In a futile attempt to make sure Shels were tax compliant I asked for a recipt or ticket when entering the ground only to be told "ya kin sit anywere shore"
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Hiya all,

Well done tonight. Your fans are stunning!! I can safely say best fans I seen in the league this year for sheer volume and support. Highlights will be available tomorrow but for now, the interviews:

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=465

Greg O'Halloran, Pat Fenlon and then Ken Oman and Stephen Kenny
    I cannot argue with that! Bringing 3,000 to Gretna was some feat! Well done! Youse need more capacity at the Brandywell and you are a credit to the league!

KOH
    Last edited by alabama rover; 28/08/2006 at 2:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    You called! I am aware you Dubs aren't the brightest but when clubs are situated a few miles from each other it is easy to get a crowd. We had well over half the crowd IMO so slate the Shels fans and not us.

Shelbourne FC are an "off the streets" group for 200 Drumcondra teenage chavs but I am puzzled as to their value to professional football in Ireland. Dreadful/dire/horrendous crowd at at match against their title rivals and one which should see the winner life the cup but they can't get more than 600 - 700 fans. I wish clubs with a fanbase and hinterland like Sligo were fighting it out with us and not Ollie Bryne FC.

BTW In a futile attempt to make sure Shels were tax compliant I asked for a recipt or ticket when entering the ground only to be told "ya kin sit anywere shore"

But 4,500 is not a bad attendance for a3rd round FAI cup game! Derby or not!

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza
    You called! I am aware you Dubs aren't the brightest but when clubs are situated a few miles from each other it is easy to get a crowd.
    I see the neutrals turned up in their droves to witness the super duper football in the "tie" of the round.

I remember when you came into the league, you brought 8-10k to games in Dublin, in a time of recession. Now in more prosperous times, you can only bring a few hundred to a game in Dublin on a Sunday, which doesn't clash with GAA games, English league matches, or work commitments.

Aren't they wonderful??
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    I remember when you came into the league, you brought 8-10k to games in Dublin, in a time of recession.
    I remember when you were a Premier Division team.

I vaguely remember when you won stuff.

And in the fogs of time I remembering hearing that you once had a home.

Don't throw stones when you live in a rented glasshouse.

rerun
    Maybe showing my naivety here or I'm overly cynical, but were Shels wearing their away kit so that the Tolka would look packed with Shels fans, what with all the "dubs" supporters who arrived from Croke Park?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rerun View Post
    Maybe showing my naivety here or I'm overly cynical, but were Shels wearing their away kit so that the Tolka would look packed with Shels fans, what with all the "dubs" supporters who arrived from Croke Park?
    Think someone at Shelbourne had the bright idea to wear the colours of the Dubs, hoping that the Dubs would beat Mayo and knock on would be fans going to the Shels game. Well a derryman put and end to that(Micky Moran), as did a Dub to Shelbourne's cup hopes.

Stephen Kenny LEGEND!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeixlipRed View Post

Au contraire my friend. We get on average a 1000 to the RSC despite being rock bottom. Now lets look at the 1000 or so that we generally get. In general on average about 1/10 of that figure are the away fans. Now lets look at you lot. You can barely get 1500 into Tolka for a match day of which approx half are the away fans. That leaves your fan base in the high hundreds which is pretty pathetic given the quality of your squad and that you are perennial contenders for honours.

Now lets do the sums. How is it that on an average home fan base of about 800 you seem to be able to sustain a full time squad and backroom staff that costs in the region of 35k a week. Where is the cash coming from? You surely must be making a loss if your expenditure is greater than income. Do the simple adding and subtraction. Even a Senior Infant pupil would instanteneously see that Shels sums simply do not add up. Can you not see what Ollie is dong or is it collective heads in the sands up in D7.

Waterford have alot more going for them than Shelbourne have. We have a huge catchment marketing potential (city, county & South East region) and we are seen as an integral part of the community. We have a Management Committee in place who are putting in the structures and foundations (WIT scholarship, new facilities at RSC, youth set up, business plan, etc.)that will see us sail through the new FAI League requirements.

Now lets go back to Shels. You are simply a manufactured entity with no real link to the local community with thus no marketing potential. You left Ringsend years ago and were absolute rubbish up to 10 years ago when Ollie began to buy success without building the foundations in which to build upon. You gambled on CL place which meant that you began to spend way beyond your means leaving you in the mess that you find yourselves in. Your crook chairman has sold the ground from underneath you. You have practically no money left in which to sustain the present squad you have and the tax man is down your necks. Unlike the Rovers lads, you simply dont have the committed fan base to set up and make feasible the concept of a 400 Club like situation with which to bale you out and besides any attempt to set up one now is of course too late. Ollie's attempt to raise cash for the fans to plough it into a nonexistent company shoudl have set the alarm bells ringing as a sign of desperation. In simple terms lads, you’re well and well truly up the creek without the proverbial paddle. With Tolka gone, the move to Santry will see your painful and quick demise. No money+no fans+limited squad= youre screwed.

When your Club does go tits up in the near future, don’t go blaming the FAI or the general Dublin public. If you want to save Shelbourne FC you must take some real drastic action and I mean drastic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Can you not see what Ollie is dong or is it collective heads in the sands up in D7.

Tolka is in D3 - unless that was a pop at us smuggled in to your analysis of Shels plight
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Apologies my Bohs friend. Not having a go at ye at all. Of all the Dublin clubs, Bohs fans have the right to be the most optimistic. My scorn is heaped on a certain gentleman in D3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Of all the Dublin clubs, Bohs fans have the right to be the most optimistic.
    not a right we ever choose to exercise.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast