Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derry City Hoo Doo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Derry City Hoo Doo

A thought just occured to me. are the men in power at the brandywell practicing some kind of Dark Magic. last year cork pip them to the league on the last day and fall apart the following season this year Shels pip them on the last day and they'll be lucky to be in existance come the start of the next season. only hope they dont finish second to bohs next year they'll probably put a spell on dalymount to make it unsuitable for development

Strange Hey?
    Last edited by Block G Raptor; 09/01/2007 at 1:48 PM.

Red&White
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor View Post
    An thought just occured to me. are the men in power at the brandywell practicing some kind of Dark Magic. last year cork pip them to the league on the last day and fall apart the following season this year Shels pip them on the last day and they'll be lucky to be in existance come the start of the next season. only hope they dont finish second to bohs next year they'll probably put a spell on dalymount to make it unsuitable for development

In a word, yes.

Watch out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    last year cork pip them to the league on the last day and fall apart the following season...
    Completely fell apart!
    It may have slipped your short attention span but we could still, mathematically, have won the league on the last day.
    Who cast a spell on Dalymount? Perhaps Derry used their dark magic on Kenny, while he was still in charge at Bohs.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    only hope they dont finish second to bohs next year they'll probably put a spell on dalymount to make it unsuitable for development
    I would say your safe enough. I dont think Derry will finish in the bottom half of the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    Completely fell apart!
    It may have slipped your short attention span but we could still, mathematically, have won the league on the last day.
    Could have but in reality didn't even make europe. for defending champions thats pretty shyte

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    A thought just occured to me. are the men in power at the brandywell practicing some kind of Dark Magic. last year cork pip them to the league on the last day and fall apart the following season this year Shels pip them on the last day and they'll be lucky to be in existance come the start of the next season. only hope they dont finish second to bohs next year they'll probably put a spell on dalymount to make it unsuitable for development

Strange Hey?
    The only black magic at play in such a scenario would be Bohs finishing higher than City in the league, let alone being champions...!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    looking forward to a bit of black magic down Inchicore way now with our new signing......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    The only black magic at play in such a scenario would be Bohs finishing higher than City in the league, let alone being champions...!
    Dont be so sure i have it from a good source that we might be coming into a bit of money shortly shhhhhhh! dont tell anyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Dont be so sure i have it from a good source that we might be coming into a bit of money shortly shhhhhhh! dont tell anyone
    Good for you's. Why don't you put a €100 note in nets, play 4 x €50 notes at the back, and have a balanced mixture of €5, €10 and €20 Euro notes in the midfield and up-front, to mix pace with strength.

Don't expect to win the league next season by doing anything other than literally buying it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good for you's. Why don't you put a €100 note in nets, play 4 x €50 notes at the back, and have a balanced mixture of €5, €10 and €20 Euro notes in the midfield and up-front, to mix pace with strength.

Don't expect to win the league next season by doing anything other than literally buying it....
    See you're getting your excuses in early!
    Good to see some forward planning in Irish football at last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    See you're getting your excuses in early!
    Good to see some forward planning in Irish football at last.
    No excuses at all. Read again what I said....

The only way you'll have the league trophy at the end of 2007 is if you literally go to Merion Square and negotiate a price for it (or pick it up as part of Shelbourne's fire sale ! ). You certainly won't win it on the pitch in O'Connor's first year....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No excuses at all. Read again what I said....

The only way you'll have the league trophy at the end of 2007 is if you literally go to Merion Square and negotiate a price for it (or pick it up as part of Shelbourne's fire sale ! ). You certainly won't win it on the pitch in O'Connor's first year....

yup totally unheard of

Dolan 97
    Fenlon anyone got the year?
    Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    We have loads of money. Therefore we have loads of Cocaine. Are we signing Barry Ryan?
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what money

your draw down is 1.2 mill a year is it not....just about covers the costs (of a manager out of his depth and agang of culchie players)

then you need rezoning out in teh sticks, rezoning of dalynmount, planning permission and the property developer to still get his pound of flesh, there's no 40mill crock of gold yet.

good luck though - seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-blood View Post
    then you need rezoning out in teh sticks, rezoning of dalynmount, planning permission and the property developer to still get his pound of flesh, there's no 40mill crock of gold yet.

No. Once we get the go ahead "in the sticks" we get the money. We don't have to wait for the developer to get his permission. Its all in the deal.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    No. Once we get the go ahead "in the sticks" we get the money. We don't have to wait for the developer to get his permission. Its all in the deal.
    not having a go but for the record - its true that nothing has been signed and agreed with the developer at this moment - isn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    yup totally unheard of

Dolan 97
    Fenlon anyone got the year?
    Kenny
    So fcuk ? I'm not saying the concept of winning the league in your first year is unheard of. All I'm saying is that Bohs won't do it next year.

They haven't got a strong enough side to do so, other teams in the league are better than them, O'Connor has proven nothing re his winning capabilities yet, and despte bering 'rich beyond their wildest dreams' they haven't been able to compete with Pats in terms of poaching the lion's share of players from Shels. Plus - I don't believe they have access to the first wedge of this cash yet to buy players anyway.

And for every manager who does win a league in their first season, there's about 100 who don't.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So fcuk ? I'm not saying the concept of winning the league in your first year is unheard of. All I'm saying is that Bohs won't do it next year.

They haven't got a strong enough side to do so, other teams in the league are better than them, O'Connor has proven nothing re his winning capabilities yet, and despte bering 'rich beyond their wildest dreams' they haven't been able to compete with Pats in terms of poaching the lion's share of players from Shels. Plus - I don't believe they have access to the first wedge of this cash yet to buy players anyway.

And for every manager who does win a league in their first season, there's about 100 who don't.....
    Im not saying he will - I am saying is that recent trends in the el suggest your most likely to win a league in your first season with a new club - Dolan and Fenlon had achieved less than O Connor as managers when they won the league and were even more unproven in that sense. Bohs have IMO got the better players from shels as I rate Heary as the best EL player of the last few years, by some distance.

Ndo I dont rate.
    O'Neill - good - but unproven as "the main man" in a strike partnership.

Bohs will probably bag Crowe and maybe Byrne - so yes - they've done better than us out of the shels implosion.

Drogs will romp home anyway so this is all academic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    Im not saying he will - I am saying is that recent trends in the el suggest your most likely to win a league in your first season with a new club -
    There are 21/22 clubs in the league, and in an average year up to 10 or so new managers.

At most only 3 trophies are available to any single team - and only 2 league titles. So clearly the likelihood of winning a league in your first season with a new club is much lower than the likelihood that you won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    . So clearly the likelihood of winning a league in your first season with a new club is much lower than the likelihood that you won't.
    Unless, of course, you're Pat Scully.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast