Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: the ould "urban legend"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

Talking the ould "urban legend"

there was a while back when there was a good few of these doing the rounds.my favorite one,which at the time i heard from a few different sources goes as follows

unnamed girl and her buddies go to ibiza,canaries type resort for their holidays.unnamed girl meets really nice local fella on the second week of holiday who shows her a really good time

time to go home and the chap is swearing his undying love after all the slap and tickle that has been going on and promises to come to ireland to marry girl.she of course believes it all and is puzzled when he gives her an odd shaped wrapped present and tells her not to open til she gets home.

curiosity of course gets the better of her and on the plane she of course unwraps the pressie and is horrified to discover it is in fact a small coffin shaped box.she still thinks it may be a joke until she opens the box to find a
    note saying "welcome to the aids club"

people actually believed the above tossology at the time.
    any more???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chinese and others saying the great wall of China could be seen from outer space, only for the first chinese man in space say he couldn't see it.
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    there was a while back when there was a good few of these doing the rounds.
    So you watched that film last night too?

I liked the bit where Joshua Jackson switches on the radio in his car, and the Dawson's Creek music starts playing. He doesn't let it get to the end of the first line. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't told about that one in advance.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83
    So you watched that film last night too?

I liked the bit where Joshua Jackson switches on the radio in his car, and the Dawson's Creek music starts playing. He doesn't let it get to the end of the first line. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't told about that one in advance.
    believe it or not i didnt watch it.but i did see the paper listing for it and it just reminded me of the whopper i posted earlier.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have one.

Supposedly came from a guy who studies Forensics (haven't a clue how to spell that).

Anyway, there was this girl who died, and the official line as to how she died was that she wahad a little trouble getting some action, so she decides to burn the end of a lobster (nicely shaped) and inserts it, down there.

Just happens, however, that the lobster she chose, left some eggs in her, and when she was found, she had given birth to the lobsters in the toilet, and while the pain got too much, she comitted suicide by bashing her head off the wall of the toilet.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    What about that one about licking envelopes and getting eggs of some creature (shrimps or something) that grow inside the body, eating you from the inside out....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What about the one that there are actually some nice areas in Dublin

Seriously though the one that I got e-mailed most often was the one about the Galway girl in Trinity and was lonely after breaking up with her boyfriend and went on the Internet in search of companionship.
    This dood charmed the knickers off her and they got talking about all sorts of naughty stuff. They arranged to meet in a hotel and when she got there, she was told at reception to go straight to the room (unlikely).
    When she got to the room the lights were off and yer man was in the scratcher. She got stripped and jumped in next to him only to find it was her dad. She screamed and left in a flash.
    This can't be true as we all know that sort of thing is acceptable in Galway
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i heard one where this family had another large family next door,and as time went by there appeared to be more and more people living there.one evening there was a ridiculous amount of people seen going into the house.during the night when the couple wre asleep they were awakened by a noise that appeared to b comming from their attic.the husband put a ladder up and shone a torch into the attic space and there was about 25 people in sleeping bags in their roofspace.the people had knocked
    in the divide between the 2 attics and were sleeping there.
    Crumlin UTD

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    One doing the rounds here a good few years back was about this family that went on a caravan holiday to Norfolk. One day they went out and when they came back they discovered the caravan had been broken into. Only thing that was disturbed however was their toothbrushes and a loaded camera. Anyway they went on their merry way and when they got home they decided to process the film. To their horror, amongst the family snaps, they saw a row of ars*holes with all their toothbrushes stuck up them.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez
    One doing the rounds here a good few years back was about this family that went on a caravan holiday to Norfolk. One day they went out and when they came back they discovered the caravan had been broken into. Only thing that was disturbed however was their toothbrushes and a loaded camera. Anyway they went on their merry way and when they got home they decided to process the film. To their horror, amongst the family snaps, they saw a row of ars*holes with all their toothbrushes stuck up them.
    jaysus, who told you that.that was supposed to be a secret.i was wondering what the funny taste was