Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunphy and Giles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Dunphy and Giles

Does anybody listen to these two muppets anymore?

They were ****ing on last night about how Man U and Arsenal are finished (much as I'd enjoy it to be true), how Barca aren't all they're cracked up to be, how great Spanish football is and subsequently how bad Italian football is. They referred to Man U as "we" and "us" and talked ****e about their playing days.

Really it's time to get rid of them. We don't need muppets like this representing Irish journalism.

johnny Giles is one of the most ignorant people out there. How can he give opinions on who will the Champions League when he only watches the British clubs.

As for Dunphy, I know he played but he hasn't a clue about football in general.

I don't know how Bill put's up with him, he's not great himself now.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

bill o herlihy:eamon,what does this mean for alex ferguson now
    eamon:its over..bill...its over
    bill:but eamon,we've been doing it for so long,i can change
    Eamon:i was talking about man uniteds team
    John Giles:bill,it started 4 years ago in munich
    Eamon:we said it was the beginning of the end
    Bill:theres someone else isnt there
    Eamon:carlos queiroz,he doesnt have a clue...its his fault,the main man is too old now too
    Bill:you said i matured with age like a fine cheddar
    Eamon:bill you can talk about cheese all night but the fact is that cheese ran away with a young one and in saipan he was creep
    Bill:come on now eamon,you cant say that
    Eamon:well its true..i cant stay here any longer [walks off]

thats the way i see it

i think its funny...there like a big dysfunctional family....hate liam brady so much though...he is the black sheep of the family

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Dont think Giles even has much of a clue about British football either he cant remember the players names half the time.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I like them,they wind people up and are good at it,I'd rather see them on the panel than Kevin Moran,Niall Quinn or that other muppet Keith O'Neill.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Whats with the use of the word "muppet" . its really annoying!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    Whats with the use of the word "muppet" . its really annoying!
    It's meant to be.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i thought last night was one of the better nights. The football match was brillinat (i thought anyway). a lot of games in europe have become boring and predicatable. i thought united would do the business last night and when scholes scored i thought it was all over. dunphy was right when he called it.

When benfica got one back i was punching the air. personally i think united are boring beyond belief and they need a new manager and new players.

RTE is only any good when something good happens in football, if the futty is muck so is the commentarty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    jaysus they are two lads in their 60s. of course they dont remember the names of every player. doesnt mean they dont know nuthin about football. they arent two teenagers. dunphy is pure panto and giles always logical. bradys opinions are always interesting as he is heavily involved in the set up of one of the top clubs. who would ya rather, niall quinn???? hes a creep...(joke!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    and giles always logical.
    What?? Man U lose one match so they're "finished"? Arsenal finish top of their group with 16 points, same as Barcelona and Lyon and they're "past it"?

I don't see how that's logical.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    who will take over from Giles when he retires ? RTE will go down hill unles they can get a Roy Keane in or someone very contraversal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    jaysus they are two lads in their 60s. of course they dont remember the names of every player. doesnt mean they dont know nuthin about football. they arent two teenagers. dunphy is pure panto and giles always logical. bradys opinions are always interesting as he is heavily involved in the set up of one of the top clubs. who would ya rather, niall quinn???? hes a creep...(joke!)
    fair enough like but the least you would expect of a "football pundit" is a good knowledges of the game and its players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    johnny Giles is one of the most ignorant people out there. How can he give opinions on who will the Champions League when he only watches the British clubs.
    I only caught the end of the show last night but I think Giles said something like
    that he couldnt comment on other teams as the only games he ever watches
    inthe CL are the ones he presents on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    was gas too when one of the English teams were playing Betis to hear Dunphy try to pronounce Joaquin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    I only caught the end of the show last night but I think Giles said something like
    that he couldnt comment on other teams as the only games he ever watches
    inthe CL are the ones he presents on.
    And how more honest can ye get than that!! If anyone on bbc/ itv or sky were asked they'd give a bullsh!t answer without seeing most of the teams!!

I remember some ex leeds player was on sky before a match and he was brutally honest - was asked about some new kid at leeds prematch and he said he knew nothing about him as he never saw him play - richard keys didnt know what to say - your man hasnt been on since (wonder why ) but at least he didnt go bulling like all the other clowns about something he knew nothing about!!!

Giles/ Dunphy/ Bill are the A Team of football punditry - nobody is better entertainment than these for prematch/ half time and postmatch viewing!!!
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Giles and Dunphy may talk some rubbish, but for entertainment i dont think their punditry can be beaten.

Particularly when compared to Skys Champions League coverage, Richard Keys and 3 of his fellow clowns all licking up to each other and agreeing on absolutely everything. Redknapp in particular is awful on it. I dont think Ive seen him yet disagree with anybody else on any game hes covered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looked like Dunphy had had a few again last night. It seems like RTE/Bill/whoever are going to try and get him deliberately drunk each week and have Brady saying things to try and get a rise out of him. With Manchester gone so early they will be worried about their viewing figures but the row over Keane was one of the most talked about bits of TV this year.

Did anyone notice the rehabilitiation of Beckham in Dunphy's eyes - United should have never got rid of him, he's one of the best in Europe, Real Madrid are a great team, etc? Not so long ago, in fact earlier this season Dunphy was his usual spiteful self and went over the top several times in his criticism of Beckham. Is this evidence of insider knowledge on Keane's next move
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Yes, he mentioned Beckam in the same sentence as Keane would you believe But that's typical of the muppet. He'll totally contradict himself to make a point.

It's all very well to say that as a pundit, he's dire but that he's great entertainment. He has abused his position as a "pundit" to ridicule people such as Charlton, McCarthy and Quinn aided by the national broadcaster, RTE, under the guise of "objective analysis". It is only since Brady was allowed join the panel to sometimes put a contrary view to Dumm and Dummer ("I agree with Eamon; "I agree with John") that there has been some modicum of balance in RTE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Some valid criticisms(?) but BBC & Sky are so cliched I still enjoy RTE coverage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    well Beckham has been Reals best player this season and they are one of the best teams in arguably the best league in the world so he isnt doing that bad

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    For me the comic moment of the night on Rte last night came in the post match interview with Benfica manager Ronald Koemann, I thought Ronnie had said 'my sister was playing better' but he must have been saying Myshester.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast