Thread: Kevin Doyle and Pat Dolan

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post

That article confirms everything we've told you

Key words include Dolan, Eamon, brother, Pat.

Or maybe they did sign him because someone saw him for about eight minutes in a pre-season friendly against Cobh...
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm View Post
    Why do you hate him?
    Have you ever met him? Do you know him personally? I do and he's a lovely chap, a complete gentleman. And its worth noting that no other man has ever even come close to doing as much good for Cork City as Pat did, thats an undeniable fact despite what you and some other ''fans'' say.
    Ah yes "Colm" Dolans internet warrior protector.

Its a pity he cant see all he has done. Thank God Brian Lennox sacked him and put him in his place.
    Last edited by Pablo; 08/01/2007 at 9:50 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SÓC View Post
    Whatever about Doyle, even the most loyal of Dolanites have admitted that his involvment in Shane Long going to Reading stinks to high heaven. Reading signed a player they'd never heard about.

Then there is the whole issue of who advises the advisor, Pat's buddys at Cork City are the ones who did the real damage not Pat himself.
    Bang on SOC. There are none so blind as will not see....

Nothing against Dolan as a "gent", but those City/Pats fans that have not seen his true effect on our clubs are one step removed from believing in the tooth fairy...
    It never ceases to amaze me how intelligent people still follow believe his guff.
    Mick D. for Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    He's a slimy two faced **** who'd sell his kidney if it got him more power. ...... I'm glad he's losing weight
    side effect of living with only one kidney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by londonhoop View Post
    Dead right.I have met Pat too and he is a true gent.
    of course he was a gent. he'd be a great used car salesman.

"beautiful city, beautiful people... now you too can own a beautiful car, from Rebel Motors. The pride, the passion, can you feel it? Mahvelous!"
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    "beautiful city, beautiful people... now you too can own a beautiful car, from Rebel Motors. The pride, the passion, can you feel it? Mahvelous!"
    Ah yes, the passion .... least we forget the passion .... ehh ..... ehh ..... I stitched them up right proper .... at least you still have the passion !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    met him a few times came across as a self promoting prat (him not me)
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebs23 View Post
    Take the quotation marks away there when you refer to "fans" such as myself who never did buy into the whole Dolan myth.
    "Fan"

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I am sure Dolan is a very personable character who gets on first name basis with fans. In this way he not unlike a cult leader.
    He gets on with fans and players alike. Do you not see it as strange that players such as Georgie, Doyler, Colin O'Brien, O'Flynn, Kearney etc all stayed so loyal to the man even after he was sacked. Of course as is typical with Cork City fans they turned against him and were brainwashed, the same way they turn against everyone eventually..... even poor Georgie has to put up with their ****e now.

Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    We know you have undying love for Pat, enjoy it, but surely even you were laughing a you wrote the 'no one did more for the club bit'
    Explain? I was dead serious. He was responsible for raising the clubs profile to untold levels, brought in the biggest ever sponsorship deal in Irish football, brought in a load of professional off the field staff who unfortunately have all since left the club and built the best ever team Cork football has seen.... unfortunately most of that team has now left too.

Quote Originally Posted by londonhoop View Post
    Dead right.I have met Pat too and he is a true gent.
    I think it speaks volumes that Dolan is most popular amongst Rovers and Derry fans, true football people.
    Champions!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    built the best ever team Cork football has seen....
    His silverware haul says it all

And if Pat ever asks you to come stay at his new Mount Carmel ranch be sure to accept.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    even poor Georgie has to put up with their ****e now.
    Poor Georgie hardly helps his own situation going around saying what he does now does he?

I think it speaks volumes that Dolan is most popular amongst Rovers and Derry fans, true football people.

And the one fact that speaks even louder is that those who have had first hand experience of him at their clubs think the least of him (save for about 6 Cork City "fans"/bodyguards/kebab gathers)
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    You have to laugh like, its just too funny at this stage.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm confused, tell me more about the biggest ever sponsorship deal in irish football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SÓC View Post

And the one fact that speaks even louder is that those who have had first hand experience of him at their clubs think the least of him (save for about 6 Cork City "fans"/bodyguards/kebab gathers)
    Indeed. he has about 6 followers left in Cork. They aren't really City fans anymore though and are to be pitied really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    I'm confused, tell me more about the biggest ever sponsorship deal in irish football.
    Nissan.
    Worth 750k over 3 years.

However, since Pat was sacked Nissan no longer want to have anything to do with Cork City so, as it stands, the club has no sponsor for the coming season.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "He gets on with fans and players alike. Do you not see it as strange that players such as Georgie, Doyler, Colin O'Brien, O'Flynn, Kearney etc all stayed so loyal to the man even after he was sacked.

Colm - I think it is the fact that he was so close/loyal to Doyler, Kearney etc. to the point of acting as their unofficial agent that is kinda the problem
    Mick D. for Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecko View Post
    Colm - I think it is the fact that he was so close/loyal to Doyler, Kearney etc. to the point of acting as their unofficial agent that is kinda the problem
    Indeed. But "love" is blind.

Pity really because its CCFC that has suffered, and Colm would rather support an individual no longer involved with City than the Club

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Nissan.
    Worth 750k over 3 years.

However, since Pat was sacked Nissan no longer want to have anything to do with Cork City so, as it stands, the club has no sponsor for the coming season.
    I think it was over 4 years & that 750k may also have included O'Neills (i'll admit they unlikely to be a big percentage.

Now looks like was a Pat Dolan sponsorship deal.

Its easy to hire a massive squad (Casey, Packer, Henderman etc...) but the Chairman had to foot the bill. Dolan may have have brought in a few good players but for every good one he brought in 3-4 other hopeless players. Most managers will spot players ability in a trial without offering them contracts.

The City chairmans judgement was correct in sacking Dolan as we won 2 rounds in uefa Cup, won the league with record total & 2 games away from winning FAI & Setanta Cups. I've heard before that Dolan would have done better but can't see how that could happen.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I think it was over 4 years & that 750k may also have included O'Neills (i'll admit they unlikely to be a big percentage.

Now looks like was a Pat Dolan sponsorship deal.
    No it was over 3 years. Hence, why its up now. Don't think it included O'Neills, it did included the Echo and RedFM but trust me that doesn't make much of a dent in it.

I suppose you could call it a "Pat Dolan sponsoship deal" in the sense that it was himself and Pat Keirans secured it. However, any club needs to have people of that calibre who can attract that kind of backing. By your logic you could call the Hibernian deal "a John Crowley sponsorship deal".

Its easy to hire a massive squad (Casey, Packer, Henderman etc...) but the Chairman had to foot the bill. Dolan may have have brought in a few good players but for every good one he brought in 3-4 other hopeless players. Most managers will spot players ability in a trial without offering them contracts.
    You have to bring in a few players to find a good one. For every Hedderman or Casey there was a Murphy, Doyle, Fenn or Gamble.

Rico brought in Vinnie Sullivan, Paul Connell, Willie Bruton etc but has yet to being in anyone of the calible of those mentioned above.

The City chairmans judgement was correct in sacking Dolan as we won 2 rounds in uefa Cup, won the league with record total & 2 games away from winning FAI & Setanta Cups. I've heard before that Dolan would have done better but can't see how that could happen.
    I dont know Pete. Don't think Dolan would have done any better in 2005 season but certainly would have done the same. I think it's better to judge on 2006 season though when the knock on effects of players leaving and so on can truly be seen.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Some Facts:

Pat Dolan is not a registered agent. Pat Dolan does not act as an agent, he acts as an advisor. He does not receive payment for his services fto Kevin Doyle.

Michael Kennedy is not a registered agent. Michael Kennedy does not act as an agent. He does not receive payment for his services to Roy Keane, Niall Quinn etc...

Pat Devlin is not a registered agent. Pat Devlin acts as an agent. Pat Devlin receives massive payments for his services to Damien Duff.

Pat Dolan can advise whoever wants to be advised by him. He was helping out his brother, no doubt, and also helping a young fella that he had close ties to achieve his dream. He maybe even did it a little to hurt Cork City. Theres nothing at all legally wrong with any of this...morally some Cork fans may well feel aggrieved. But its a professional business and theres no room for sentiment or morals in cut-throat business.

I don't see anybody pointing the finger at a man in authority in the FAI, a man who manages our National second string and sits on the bench 'advising' Staunton during games. Yet this man is probably the biggest thief and liar of them all.

Irony lost on any of ye??

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Theres nothing at all legally wrong with any of this...morally some Cork fans may well feel aggrieved.
    If I was say a Sales Rep & got fired by company A. If i then advised Company B of confidential contracts that I was aware from my company A job would this be legal?

Even if you ignore the CCFC element Dolan is a hypocrite. Hes been preaching about the evils of foreign football & that we should embraish our local clubs yet he is "arranging" transfers from eL clubs now he has become unemployable here...

Devlin has plenty of threads about his dodgy dealings & I don't disagree with your comments on him.
    Last edited by A face; 09/01/2007 at 7:53 PM. Reason: fixed the quote
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast