Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ryanair/how do they get away with it

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

ryanair/how do they get away with it

calling the airport paris/beauvais.the airport is 55 miles north of paris.christ its like calling an irish airport dublin/carlow which are the same distance apart.
    i had the misfortune to arrive there at evening time and it took 2 full hours to get to "paris" from "paris beauvais" airport.i just
    think its a bit rich being allowed call it anything remotely near paris as its f*****G miles away from it.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 04/02/2004 at 5:05 PM.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    That has been widely known since the service began, so you haven't much come back. I assume you got the flights for fúck all as well?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

why dont you complain to them,you`ll love their reply.you have to write to them mind,they more or less tell you not to bother them with your business
    go on the woods

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    That has been widely known since the service began, so you haven't much come back. I assume you got the flights for fúck all as well?
    its still publisised as a short bus journey into paris.had to go at reasonably short notice so i got nailed on the fare.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why complain?

Im sure it was dirt cheap wasn't it? Cheaper than getting a bus to Dublin probably.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I used Ryanair a lot last summer and know the feeling. Rome Campino is a good one. Our hostel was quite close to the center. From there we had to get a subway to a train station, then get on another subway which you take to the end of the line, and then get on a bus fr another half hour to the airport.

And when you fly to "Munich", you actually end up in Salzberg, which is in Austria. I think that's the best one. Better than paying and extra hundred though if you have the time. At least it's an alternative.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by the 12 th man
    i got nailed on the fare.
    if you're going to pay a lot anyway, steer clear of ryanair. i'm afraid the location of Beauvais is common knowledge now so you'll find it hard to get anyone at the company to listen to a complaint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Originally posted by shedite
    I used Ryanair a lot last summer and know the feeling. Rome Campino is a good one. Our hostel was quite close to the center. From there we had to get a subway to a train station, then get on another subway which you take to the end of the line, and then get on a bus fr another half hour to the airport.
    Ciampino is actually closer to the city than the main airport in Rome. (other side of city) You should have used Ryanair's laid on bus for 8 quid which drops you right in the centre of town.

In fairness to Ryanair if you click on their website and check out the destination it usually tells you exactly how far it is away from the city For Paris they say its 56km. Seems fairly honest to me...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Re: ryanair/how do they get away with it

Originally posted by Conor74
    If it's any comfort, while the trip from Beauvais is a bit of a haul, a bus from Charles de Gaulle in is no 5 minute spin either.
    If you coming from/ going to South Dublin, Dublin Airport is hardly that convenient either. In London all the airports are a good distance out of the centre (bar London City obv) as well....

O'Leary was on McWilliams this morning and they were actually talking about the charges for last minute bookings - he just said they're only expensive if the plane is nearly full, which invariably they are at that stage....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And I presume half the board at one stage or another have been half way out to Stanstead, in a station like Tottenham Hale, looking nervously at their watches
    The train to and from Stanstead is fine, I've travelled on it quite a few times and it's always been fairly prompt.
    However, you should try taking a bus from Victoria station to Stanstead in rush hour on a wednesday evening. I did it last summer, remember in early August when they recorded the hottest day ever in Britain. There was no air conditioning on the bus and I can honestly say that the oppressive heat ensured it was the most unbearable journey I've ever taken. Add to that the awful traffic and it took me nearly 2 hours of hell to get to Stanstead.

I've never flown to Paris/Beauvais. However, like Conor pointed out, i seem to remember the trip from Charles De Gaulle to central Paris is a bit of a dose aswell. I think I had to get a bus, train and Metro before I reached my hotel.
    Champions!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: ryanair/how do they get away with it

The last two times I've used it I've missed my flight. That included once where we were told that the train was slipping on leaves and had to stall quite a few times - the fact that it was waiting on the platform for about one hour was ignored. WAGN Railways paid out something like £100 afterwards as by the time the train arrived at Stanstead there were no flights to anywhere - I don't think the Hilton at Stanstead was ever so busy. And last time round things were so bad that we decided to jump out at Tottenham Hale and get a cab which cost us £80 sterling...and we still missed it...though we beat the train...
    *apologies in advance*
    That's what you get when you mindlessly privatise public transport....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Re: ryanair/how do they get away with it

Originally posted by the 12 th man

i had the misfortune to arrive there at evening time and it took 2 full hours to get to "paris" from "paris beauvais" airport.i just
    think its a bit rich being allowed call it anything remotely near paris as its f*****G miles away from it.
    Just like trying to get from Dublin Airport to the southside of the city on any evening as well ! took me nearly 3 hours to get from dublin airport to Bray 2 weeks ago ! 3 bleedin hours ! i could have been to mainland europe and back in that time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Originally posted by Roo69
    Just like trying to get from Dublin Airport to the southside of the city on any evening as well ! took me nearly 3 hours to get from dublin airport to Bray
    Bray fan admits Bray is part of Dublin shocker!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

Just like trying to get from Dublin Airport to the southside of the city on any evening as well ! took me nearly 3 hours to get from dublin airport to Bray 2 weeks ago ! 3 bleedin hours ! i could have been to mainland europe and back in that time
    thats a fair point.but dublin airport to city centre is about 6 or seven miles, and as such is entitled to be called dublin airport,where as 56 kms(it felt a lot further) is a bit much

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joys of Ryanair

One of the most "fun" things about Ryanair is being over 6ft.

You'll have the pleasure of seeing your knees up your nose. But then i think we all forefit our right to complain when we get such good deals.

For the Ireland Scotland match last year I Dublin to Eninburgh return for €45 euro. The flights cost .99c each I think.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

Re: Joys of Ryanair

Originally posted by SÓCcfc

You'll have the pleasure of seeing your knees up your nose. But then i think we all forefit our right to complain when we get such good deals.

For the Ireland Scotland match last year I Dublin to Eninburgh return for €45 euro. The flights cost .99c each I think.
    i think the days of those kind of fares is comming to an end with the advent of the charleoi debacle.i think what will ultimately happen is with aer fungus now starting to compete with the budget jobbies,that the fares will eventually settle down at somewhere in between the low fare ryanair and the higher flag carrier.either way i cant see the day of the 1 euro flight lasting(mabe the first 3 seats on each flight or similar) and the cost of same distributed on the fares for the rest of the seats

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Yeah the other week it took me longer to get from the airport to work (Baggot Street) than the rest of the journey from me mam's in Manchester, including the dead time between check in and departure....

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

Re: Joys of Ryanair

Originally posted by SÓCcfc

You'll have the pleasure of seeing your knees up your nose.
    i happen to be 6ft 4 and i know the feeling.the pitch between the seats is very small.there is not enough room to turn a sweet in your mouth

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

i gave up using ryanair two years ago,when they introduced their passports only policy.mine was out of date and they wouldnt let me on,even claimed dail&west****ster had changed the law.phone call to aer fungus cleared that up.they told me to go on their site and i flew from heathrow that evening for £40 rtn. cheaper than my ryanair tickets had been.its still the same now, passport for ryanair,buspass for aer lingus.the latter is cheaper and generally more convenient.
    go on the woods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ryanair/how do they get away with it

Originally posted by Macy
    *apologies in advance*
    That's what you get when you mindlessly privatise public transport....
    Lopez, where are you? The goal is open, the keeper is stranded and Macy has just laid on a killer pass...

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 04/02/2004 at 1:53 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast