Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Keep the faith...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Keep the faith...

Just feel the need to have a rant here basically.. yes i know we havent scored in a while, i know we have the worst scoring record in the country at the moment BUT NO NEED TO PANIC! what's bringing all this on, is from a conversation with an EX-Town fan in Longford earlier today. Yes EX.... He's stopped supporting them because according to him "they're sh!te and i hope they get beaten by Dublin City and flop in Europe, im never going back again." Not going to name him because dont want to give the gobsh!te publicity, but how on earth can you turn your back on the team at a time like this? Does he not think that by keeping the faith, we will get back to form? A few wins will get us up back there.... theres still a lot to play for. I know the muppet doesnt read foot.ie (thank fcuk), but just to say I really do hope we get back to winning ways, do well in Europe, just so the muppet realises what he's missing out on. No matter how bad things get, whatever we do, just realise that the Town need us to get behind them. OK rant over, had to get that off my chest!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PAURO 7
    Just feel the need to have a rant here basically.. yes i know we havent scored in a while, i know we have the worst scoring record in the country at the moment BUT NO NEED TO PANIC! what's bringing all this on, is from a conversation with an EX-Town fan in Longford earlier today. Yes EX.... He's stopped supporting them because according to him "they're sh!te and i hope they get beaten by Dublin City and flop in Europe, im never going back again." Not going to name him because dont want to give the gobsh!te publicity, but how on earth can you turn your back on the team at a time like this? Does he not think that by keeping the faith, we will get back to form? A few wins will get us up back there.... theres still a lot to play for. I know the muppet doesnt read foot.ie (thank fcuk), but just to say I really do hope we get back to winning ways, do well in Europe, just so the muppet realises what he's missing out on. No matter how bad things get, whatever we do, just realise that the Town need us to get behind them. OK rant over, had to get that off my chest!
    That loser will be the first man in landsdowne if we manage to get to another cup final.we have scored 10 goals two were ogs and two penos that is worrying.
    Copperknob!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    I'd be very worried about the trip to Vaduz. They are a better team than Longford yet everyone here has Longford down as favourites.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101
    I'd be very worried about the trip to Vaduz. They are a better team than Longford yet everyone here has Longford down as favourites.

dont think that many here have them down as favourites.
    just looking forward to the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Oh, I just love the optimists !
    Realistic is more apt. I was optimistic Cork would beat Malmö but there is nothing to suggest that Longford can win this tie. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    who said we are favourites ??? yes they have internationals playing for them, but they have only 33,000 people in the whole country so they are bound to have international....if we play like last night i feel we will be hockeyed and flancare will be empty for the home leg, sad but true

but and there is a but, if the players get a few days away early next week like we did mid season last year and get some team spirit and confidence into the side then i think anything is possible.

i didn't like to see the boys boo'd off last night, not a great way to send them off to an important european game, no matter what the results we need to get behind the lads for the rest of the season and create a positive vibe, negativity is no good to anyone.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    best of luck and a safe trip to all travelling.
    "tight? he's the kinda guy that eats baked beans on tuesday so's he can have a bubble bath on wednesday"!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    here's Vaduz's european record.

2004 UC P1 FC Vaduz Lie Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk Ukr 0-1 0-1
    2003 UC P1 FC Vaduz Lie Livingston Sco 1-1 0-0
    2002 UC P1 FC Vaduz Lie Varteks Varazdin Cro 3-3 1-6
    2001 UC P1 Amica Wronki Pol FC Vaduz Lie 3-0 3-3
    2000 UC P Bodø/Glimt Nor FC Vaduz Lie 1-0 2-1
    1999 CW P FC Vaduz Lie Helsingborg IF Swe 0-2 0-3
    1997 CW R1 FC Vaduz Lie Paris Saint-Germain Fra 0-4 0-3
    1997 CW P Universitate Riga Lat FC Vaduz Lie 1-1 1-1 2-4
    1996 CW P FC Vaduz Lie Hradec Kralove Cze 0-5 1-9
    1993 CW P FC Vaduz Lie Chernomorets Odesa Ukr 0-5 1-7

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parnell ranger
    best of luck and a safe trip to all travelling.

cheers !!!

on the other posts, vadus isn't the main topic of focus, the league is and to a cetain extent the cup. permier division survival is a must and the importance of that can't be stated too highly
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ..... no need to panic ?
    just trying to calm things down, now i realise we are in the sh!t.... but we can get out of it if we keep our heads.. no harm in being optimistic...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    cheers !!!

permier division survival is a must and the importance of that can't be stated too highly
    imagine who would have thought AGAIN we would be worrying about our status again last night performance was woeful and we will be lucky to beat flipping leeds afc never mind vaduz
    Copperknob!!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick J.
    Were the Town booed off last night? That's very bad form. Booing your own players aint gonna help..

a handful out of the sizeable away support did boo,but the vast majority, including myself and the people around me greeted the final whistle with a bit of a stunned silence.
    there is no way it was a big deal,just a bit of huffing and puffing which is the least you could expect (its human nature when things are going pear shaped)after last night.

i personally would never boo da town players ,NO MATTER WHAT !!!!!