Thread: Mayo Junior Soccer

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    The Mayo AFL over the last ten years have brought the game of football to a professional level within the county and the structures that have been put in place along with the standards have impressed other clubs and leagues. Really, who actually wants to tog out behind the bush in 2006?
    Sorry t blaster you have missed the point I was making, Iam refering to senior players playing in a junior game.
    in case you didn't no this rule is indorsed my the F.A.I. Junior Cup as part of R-42 ok

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfair

Quote Originally Posted by UL Boys
    Fair play to ballyheane a fine set up and a nice bunch of lads..That referee must be fair sad ye were knocked out he did his best to keep ye in the cup..
    From where I was standing it was a peno, but people on the road side said he dived and deserved his booking.
    By the way the Ref was from Ros and If you knew anything at all you would know that Mayo & Ross hate each other with a passion.
    If he was a homer then why did he send off our best player ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if im not mistaken that keeper dropped everything and made a mistake for the sending off i dont think he was ballys best player and if the referee didnt send him off it would have been a farce..He might hate ye but he gave us absolutely nothing...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keeper !

Quote Originally Posted by UL Boys
    if im not mistaken that keeper dropped everything and made a mistake for the sending off i dont think he was ballys best player and if the referee didnt send him off it would have been a farce..He might hate ye but he gave us absolutely nothing...
    Ye're Keeper nearly let in Two own goals ours always KILLS the ball before he collects. Yes he misjudged but he is still our best player over the last 5 Years not one mistake on the day. I seem to recall one of yere players going studs in first on top of our keeper, who didn't feign injury to get the offender sent off. As regards the other decisions by the Ref they were in my opinion fair and he has never, repeat never refed the Heane before. So knowing the management etc is a load of Bull**** . Just becasuse Celtic got Three Penos against a Limerick team their is now a conspiracy against ye !!!!!
    Also Mayo refs likely to ref against Athrenry so lets hopes they see divers for what they really are. Cheats.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I couldnt agree with you more about the divers as for the rest we are not going to agree on everything so might aswell leave it there..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy
    Ye're Keeper nearly let in Two own goals ours always KILLS the ball before he collects. Yes he misjudged but he is still our best player over the last 5 Years not one mistake on the day. I seem to recall one of yere players going studs in first on top of our keeper, who didn't feign injury to get the offender sent off. As regards the other decisions by the Ref they were in my opinion fair and he has never, repeat never refed the Heane before. So knowing the management etc is a load of Bull**** . Just becasuse Celtic got Three Penos against a Limerick team their is now a conspiracy against ye !!!!!
    Also Mayo refs likely to ref against Athrenry so lets hopes they see divers for what they really are. Cheats.
    Full credit must be given to the Limerick lads for not reacting to what was nothing but a farce from start to finish, no matter what part of the field you were watching the game from there is no way that you could say that the limerick striker dived, he was taken down with a stupid challenge inside the box. The ref signaled his intent from that point on, it was clear to everyone watching. Instead of just highlighting that decision why not look at others. Numerous bookings? Numerous off sides? Limerick centre half getting taken out off the ball and then getting booked? a clear cut second penalty decision denied? The mayo lads even said that he was a disgrace and he did know some of the players on a first name basis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

The game is over ok

Lads,
    Relax game over end of story ok white smoke peace man

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    Full credit must be given to the Limerick lads for not reacting to what was nothing but a farce from start to finish, no matter what part of the field you were watching the game from there is no way that you could say that the limerick striker dived, he was taken down with a stupid challenge inside the box. The ref signaled his intent from that point on, it was clear to everyone watching. Instead of just highlighting that decision why not look at others. Numerous bookings? Numerous off sides? Limerick centre half getting taken out off the ball and then getting booked? a clear cut second penalty decision denied? The mayo lads even said that he was a disgrace and he did know some of the players on a first name basis?
    I can hear those violins. Both sides had players booked. Both sides had players caught offside. Mr Dalton had the ball kicked from under his foot and then fell as if he had been shot, when he realised that the smallest man on the field had done this, he jumped up as not to embarress himself. Second penalty ?. This just sounds like most football matchs I have ever seen.
    P.S. Its not a free kick every time youre beaten to the ball.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    I can hear those violins. Both sides had players booked. Both sides had players caught offside. Mr Dalton had the ball kicked from under his foot and then fell as if he had been shot, when he realised that the smallest man on the field had done this, he jumped up as not to embarress himself. Second penalty ?. This just sounds like most football matchs I have ever seen.
    P.S. Its not a free kick every time youre beaten to the ball.
    Ballyheane has about 3 in the whole match as the limerick lads did not play off side while ULAA must have had at least 15 in the game.

Mr Dalton had the ball under his feet but play had stopped, he is not a player that goes down easily. Why was he then booked?

Secend penalty decision was when Jason Sheehan was taking the ball down on his chest in the box and the Ballyheane defender jumped all over his back - it was a blatent peno also.

The game is over and I dont think we will agree.

Best of luck in the league

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think we'll agree to disagree.
    Best of luck in next round and in remainder of the league.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Lads,
    There is a separate thread for the Super League.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Burke Memorial Cup

Was at Milebush yesterday. Great game between Partry and B'robe A. Good ground football. Partry looked very fit and sharp. B'robe recovered following a shaky start. Tackling fierce at times. Partry won on penalties following a 1 - 1draw. Ballinrobe B beat Cross Cetic 2 - 0 in the other match. Robe deserved to win but Cross had some good periods of possession with Alan Gibbons, Ryan Maye and John Butler especially good. Brobe had some excellent displays from Tricky Forde, Ronan Casey and McTigue in goal. I hope B'robe play their B team in the final next Sunday at 2.30 in the Green. Well ran tournament and a fitting tribute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Congrats to Manulla and Castlebar Celtic in Connacht Cup and also to Castlebar Celtic under 17 in reaching last four in FAI under 17 competition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Don't forget. Mayo League AGM tomorrow night.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster
    Don't forget. Mayo League AGM tomorrow night.
    Will you be there. or have you another meeting to attend to.
    DON'T worry clubs will not forget should they do they will end up been fined.
    Now that wouldn't go down well would it.

Thunderblast will Mr Mc Hugh be there? has'nt been for number of years and yet the clubs are paying for his services.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! New Season

I seriously think that the moderator should think about blocking renovater because he is not interested in discussing mayo soccer. His only aim seems to be to create arguments with nonsensical statements. This is a site to discuss football matters not vent personal grudges forever and a day against people who disagree with your point of view once. I know a few people who have said to me that they don't log in any more or not as much because of the arguments he creates. No doubt he will attack this but I think if we just ignored him and got on with the buisness of dicussing football in a sensible manner we will all be better off.

Here's looking forward to the new season. When will we see peoples predictions for the coming season. I think the AGM on tuesday will be very interesting and will attract a crowd just for the the debate and vote on the league of Ireland players issue.

Sinabhuil I know a good few of the Ballinrobe lads and they are all straight lads and I don't think they would resort to replacing B team players with A team players, which would be against the spirit of the game and the cup they are promoting, for the sake of winning a game.
    Last edited by short_frank; 21/02/2006 at 4:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    lada, any news from Castlebar over how the Carew Pk objection went last night?
    "The theory of football is not just a study of how to win.Equally as important is how not to lose."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Any one know what the story is with this new side.......... Cross or the Neale or whatever they are going to be called. whatort of set up do they have. Where they ever in the league b4???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by short_frank
    I seriously think that the moderator should think about blocking renovater because he is not interested in discussing mayo soccer. His only aim seems to be to create arguments with nonsensical statements. This is a site to discuss football matters not vent personal grudges forever and a day against people who disagree with your point of view once. I know a few people who have said to me that they don't log in any more or not as much because of the arguments he creates. No doubt he will attack this but I think if we just ignored him and got on with the buisness of dicussing football in a sensible manner we will all be better off.

Here's looking forward to the new season. When will we see peoples predictions for the coming season. I think the AGM on tuesday will be very interesting and will attract a crowd just for the the debate and vote on the league of Ireland players issue.

Sinabhuil I know a good few of the Ballinrobe lads and they are all straight lads and I don't think they would resort to replacing B team players with A team players, which would be against the spirit of the game and the cup they are promoting, for the sake of winning a game.
    I can understand were you are coming from ,but you see there is a thing called freedom of speech that is were i come from.
    you the establisment will not tollerate freedom of speech.
    i think you will always be blind to the truth.
    what have i said that is not true
    Ifor one dont hold grudges i have always contributed to general topics
    I will always be a football person and have been all my life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Lads,
    I taught that yestarday meeting went very well and it was well attended. Things was discuss when anyone wanted and people was allowed to speak when they wanted to although there was little. Even foot.ie got a mentioned although not in a nice way i dont know why.

Mayo under 18 cup on this weekend quarter finals on some good games

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast