Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1191

Thread: Mayo Junior Soccer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Great result for the Heane yesterday. Looks like old habits die hard however, played so well yesterday and last week could not string two passes together. Looks like another year of if only we beat..........

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heane

Well Don how right you are. A great display yesterday following on from that drivel last week. Mind you the Port played some great football too and seems to have solved their goalkeeping problem as well, One marvelous save yesterday and could not be blamed for any of the goals. Nice crowd too but a lot of the fair weather fans seem to have deserted already.
    Muinteoir Watch: Seems to be getting to know the players better and not as fussy as a result, like when Joe Lawless F***ed him over a throw- in, he just shrugged his shoulders whereas before he would have went for his pocket. Then again Lawless is a Mayo League star so maybe he gets away with more!!!. Still unfortunately Too many silly cards and the old maxim stays in Mayo that "EASIER GET CARD FOR MOUTHING THAN DIRTY PLAY "

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

congrats

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher
    Congrats from me and the boys on your first readable post.

And just to clear up, I will not be bothering to reply to anymore of your idiotic ramblings. A challenge? It's not even a game.
    No one asked you to comment, but feel free to do so. The word challenge wasn't meant in the context as a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy
    Still unfortunately Too many silly cards and the old maxim stays in Mayo that "EASIER GET CARD FOR MOUTHING THAN DIRTY PLAY "
    I think that you should analyse all the referees at the games you are at and note all bookings and sending offs and record their offences. Then at the end of the season, give us a statistical breakdown of yellows/reds in the county and then open up a proper debate on bookings.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Season start shocks

Well the new season is a couple of weeks old in two divisions and one week old in the 1st division. Has anyone seen any shocks or suprises about the season start?
    For me the biggest surprise is Achill's positive start. I tipped them to struggle this season, but as they say it's a long season and it may be a false dawn. I am also surprised by Claremorris's struggle at the start. Are they finding the step up hard or are there other reasons.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by short_frank
    Well the new season is a couple of weeks old in two divisions and one week old in the 1st division. Has anyone seen any shocks or suprises about the season start?
    For me the biggest surprise is Achill's positive start. I tipped them to struggle this season, but as they say it's a long season and it may be a false dawn. I am also surprised by Claremorris's struggle at the start. Are they finding the step up hard or are there other reasons.
    Not sure if this is the reason but Achill have had some very good underage teams in the last couple of years. Are these now feeding through?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Achill Rovers

Achill bet us one nil at the weekend but we could have scored six. We missed a load of sitters. They are an average enough team, but Mc Namara at the back organises them well. They dont seem to be a very young team so not sure about the story with underage. They dont look like a team who will go down though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever
    Achill bet us one nil at the weekend but we could have scored six. We missed a load of sitters. They are an average enough team, but Mc Namara at the back organises them well. They dont seem to be a very young team so not sure about the story with underage. They dont look like a team who will go down though.
    Mcnamara this the same fella that played Oscar Traynor with Mayo few Years ago?Achill are hard to beat at home but struggle away from home,can't see them pushing Swinford,Ballinrobe or Fahy for the two promotion places but we'll have to wait and see!!!is it true Eamonn Crean and Dara Ainsworth have signed with the C'bar Celtic B team this year too???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bergundy
    Mcnamara this the same fella that played Oscar Traynor with Mayo few Years ago?Achill are hard to beat at home but struggle away from home,can't see them pushing Swinford,Ballinrobe or Fahy for the two promotion places but we'll have to wait and see!!!is it true Eamonn Crean and Dara Ainsworth have signed with the C'bar Celtic B team this year too???
    Achill is a town that seems to have a few dual stars in it's ranks. Alot seems to depend on the timing of GAA matches on Sundays. Have played against them several times in both codes and it is very hard to get a result away but they travel very poorly and I reckon much of that is due to GAA matches clashing.
    On the subject of Celtic's "B" team. Can a Club have an "A" & "B" team in the same division??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Achill is a town that seems to have a few dual stars in it's ranks. Alot seems to depend on the timing of GAA matches on Sundays. Have played against them several times in both codes and it is very hard to get a result away but they travel very poorly and I reckon much of that is due to GAA matches clashing.
    On the subject of Celtic's "B" team. Can a Club have an "A" & "B" team in the same division??
    No not allow end of story.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    i agree sinabhuil, in fairness the western was never the best for soccer, for me the mayo news stands out miles ahead, how are preparations going for cross celtic??exciting times im sure?
    You know us country folk we don't get too excited. Big kick off Sunday at 2.30 in Cross v Urlaur. Whatever happens, happens. Credit for helping us goes to Ballinrobe, Castlebar Utd (Town), Partry, Moyne Villa (Headford), Kilshanvey (Kilconly) and Crumlin Utd (Turloughmore). A soccer family surely.
    Looking forward to the cup match vrs Ballinrobe B.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

C'Bar Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc
    No not allow end of story.
    I thought so. You would wonder what the incentive is for the players who were playing Super League and have now signed for the "B" team knowing that even if they win the league, they will not be promoted and will not play Super League again. Surely they would be better signing for another team and at least challenging themselves to playing in the top flight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Where can I find out the times of the matches this weekend? I still don't know when we are playing! Where are the bloody fixture books, same rubbish every year. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fahy Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever
    Where can I find out the times of the matches this weekend? I still don't know when we are playing! Where are the bloody fixture books, same rubbish every year. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.
    You are away to Glenhest Rovers @ 11.30 with M. Walsh as ref. Give John Durkan an email(johndurkanmafl@eircom.net.) We get an email every Monday with results and fixtures. Good service.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ATeam

Regards to question can you have two teams in the one division is not true to say you can't.
    It all depends what rules apply for example in the Galway league it is aloud.
    However in the Mayo League you would need a rule change.
    But a club such as Celtic could at the begining of the season could affiated the B team with a new committee and then it could take its place in the super league.
    that would simply mean the Ateam would not have the use of those players which Registered as Bteam

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

Forum is very quite. I am quietly licking my wounds after a reality check.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No need to be too upset Sinabhuil, Urlaur were in the Premier not long ago and probably still have a lot of those players. What did you think was your weaknesses? How was ye're fitness? Having a really fit team will take you a long way in the Second Division.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    I thought so. You would wonder what the incentive is for the players who were playing Super League and have now signed for the "B" team knowing that even if they win the league, they will not be promoted and will not play Super League again. Surely they would be better signing for another team and at least challenging themselves to playing in the top flight.
    Wouldn't the incentive be to get into the A team?

As you point out about signing for another team, if a b team is that good and does win promotion to the Super league, it would then be up to that club to decide on whether in should split into two separate clubs.

This obviously has a lot of implications, pitch, money, committee, etc, etc

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not so much fitness more like match fitness. They were much sharper. Also a few mistakes overplaying when the agricultural option could have been taken. Good heart shown though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I believe that there was a circus advertised for Estadio Del Milebush last week.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast