Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Junior Soccer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Joe Butler resigned because mayo football has got so entangled in rules and regulations and that they are willing to punish one of their own teams over what seems an oversight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Joe Butler

From what I can gather the gist of what you are saying about Joe Butler is correct. It was not so much the fact that Westport were going to lose the points from the Erris game due to Joe Lawless allegedly not having registered in time, more the fact that the Mayo League were not supporting their county's representatives in the F.A.I junior cup. With the confusion regarding suspensions and replays it looks like they were considering the possibility of the new Westport suspensions ( Martin geraghty, Gerry Mc Loughlin..) coming into play for the re-scheduled Carew match!

Of course some of this may be conjecture but at this stage I would like to say it is a step back for all of us if Joe Butler takes no more part in the day-to-day running of the Mayo League. I, for one, have more respect for him than I do any single other person involved in the entire league. Communications have broken down as it stands, and he is only gone a week!

Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    Joe Butler resigned because mayo football has got so entangled in rules and regulations and that they are willing to punish one of their own teams over what seems an oversight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

What a weekend!

Lads,
    some interesting games this weekend!
    boro against celtic,
    ballina on top, at home against erris - a win here for ballina could built up abit of stream for them!
    glenhest against swinford, now this will be a tough battle - tough one to call to!
    s + f utd against westport - i see a shock here to be honest, the black and amber to win this one!
    ballyheane against manulla - a good derby match here, ballyheane to win this but it be close.

also a good match between fahy and achill rovers - there be good football here!
    swinfordfc

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Westport crying wolf

Hi. This is my first post. I am here under the name Mossy but not the famous one !!! glad to see a forum for Mayo football at last.
    The Westport/Mayo League saga rumbles on but surely if you feel aggrieved by opponents playing an illegal player how can you justify complaining when caught with one yourselves ???
    The joe Butler scenario is unfortunate as his humane qualities are well documented, but unfortunately rules are meant to be applied and the Mayo League have applied these rules, sometimes ruthlessly over the years, but mostly in a fair manner. The League now are down to the very bare bones and too much power residing in a few individuals is not the way forward.
    However Westport to bounce back and win the title, Ballina will implode and Celtic to finish second playing their usual mundane brand of football.
    Hopefully the port can win with their usual flowing football although Manulla or Ballyheane would be nice for a change

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy
    Hi. This is my first post. I am here under the name Mossy but not the famous one !!! glad to see a forum for Mayo football at last.
    The Westport/Mayo League saga rumbles on but surely if you feel aggrieved by opponents playing an illegal player how can you justify complaining when caught with one yourselves ???
    The joe Butler scenario is unfortunate as his humane qualities are well documented, but unfortunately rules are meant to be applied and the Mayo League have applied these rules, sometimes ruthlessly over the years, but mostly in a fair manner. The League now are down to the very bare bones and too much power residing in a few individuals is not the way forward.
    However Westport to bounce back and win the title, Ballina will implode and Celtic to finish second playing their usual mundane brand of football.
    Hopefully the port can win with their usual flowing football although Manulla or Ballyheane would be nice for a change
    Mossy, you must have your head burried in the sand.The powers that be in the Mayo League can not see any further than the tips of there noses. They should be supporting any Mayo team doing well in a National competition and not putting obstacles in their way. As far as applying the rules, this all depends on which team is involved!!!!!!and never in a fair manner.Joe Butler will be sorely missed and he should not be the one or ones resigning but the donkeys that call themselves administrators in the Mayo League.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Well Westport have been deducted the three points and fair enough. If he's not registered he's not registered. However Westport are not appealing about these three points. They are appealing because the Mayo Fa are trying to ban 4 of their players for the Carew Park replay. Which again is fair enough. If I was the Mayo FA, I wouldn't shoot myself in the foot. If there is no predcedent for internal and external bans, why create one. Which is why Joe Butler resigned. Everyone in Mayo should be behind Westport. It's easy, in hindsight to say what the right thing is to do. But in this case, not a lot of foresight has been taken.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Donkeys et al

Well my initial contribution has stirred the feathers of my Leeds friend who believes that the donkeys should resign, I presume you mean them all as there are only Five of them left. Can I presume also that poor westport are feeling victimised by the fact that the Mayo league want to apply the rules !!!
    As regards Joe Denilson response I can inform him that Westport have indeed appealed the Three points decision - on what grounds god only knows !!!
    but they are right as the Connaught FA have taken some unusual decisions against the Mayo league in the past - POLITICS BASED and they might get a reprieve

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Maybe Mossy should become involved with the Mayo league as they are always looking for new members !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Don't look back in anger lads!!!!!!

Lads,
    i think there is only seven personnal now looking after mayo football now. I think westport are appealing against the three points taken away by the Mayo fa and also on the banning of the four players for the replay of the carew park game which i think will happen.....eventually!!!!!
    In my opinion, westport should lose the three points but no way should the players be banned outside our league, any how the fai cup in based on last year signed players so the mayo fa is wrong in trying to banned these players.
    So erris now on 6 points, only four behind ballina, they not out of it yet!

Regards,
    swinfordfc

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Funny Guy

That is one amusing thought !!!!
    Do you credit me with any intelligence whatsoever ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Smile course i do mossy

course i do mossy
    so you like the great man in manulla or the more quiet view from the stand?

swinfordfc

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever

I am perplexed by your reply !!! but i am not the great one as I already said.
    Just like going to my football on the Week-Ends
    Any Predictions for this W/E in Super ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Mossy

yes i have mossy,
    see replied no. 105
    any predictions yourself?
    swinfordfc

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mossy,

nobody minds the rules been applied in a fair manner but as you said yourself when politics are involved thats when I have a problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If Joe Butler resigned over what is apparently the dispensation of disciplinary matters, the Mayo League must be bereft of unity. For this to happen, something has to be rotten to the core. Not knowing the individual, I cannot see Joe Butler calling a press conference to stipulate his reasons for resignation. Can anyone verify these rumours for a start? It looks more like a popular rumour than a principle of fact.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Snugboro United 2-0 Castlebar Celtic

Russell Gibbons sent off for a punch which broke Johan Collins nose and sent him to hospital. Aparently Johan was twisting his finger while waiting for a free kick to come into the box. John McCarthy also had to come off after scoring the second with a header which must of come off his nose as he was covered in blood also. Celtic hit the woodwork 4 times and were unlucky but just like the week before, they panicked at the back when hit by a counter attack. Snugboro should of scored a third when faced with an open goal but the ball was put wide.
    Well done Snugboro. Gavin who?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Referees !!!

Was not at any game yesterday but heard about the Ballyheane/Manulla match where the ref was supposed to have had a stinker. If its that same felly that the FAI deemed the best in Mayo I am not surprised I had the misfortune of watching him officiate at a cup final before - talk about whistle happy I bet he was shy and retiring in kindergarden and is now making up for it!!! But otherwise a great day for the port or the new RULErs of Mayo football. The boro look solid now and Erris back in contention after two good away wins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Well done BORO

i have to admit i didn't think they would beat celtic but well done, that was a great win and well done to all concerned. Erris seems to be back on tracked too by beating ballina away too and westport won again. what the story regarding they match against erris, have they lost the points?
    swinfordfc

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Power trip

Yes I did see the B-Heane v Manulla match yesterday and it was quite a decant game of football, even though chances were at a premium. The one dissapointing aspect of the game was however the amount of stopages in a game which was played in a good spirit. The referee found it necessary to book maybe 8-9 players and 1 crazy sending off. I actually think this referee to be quite good in his reading of the game and the way its played. But his treatment of players leaves a lot to be desired, his communication skills are very poor and in many cases he antagonises players with 2 minute lectures when perhaps a quick word in their ear might be of more benefit. Sadly this does not seem to be this particular refs style and when ( If ever ) he refs his first league of Ireland game he is in for a VERY rude awakening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

The Don

The Don
    i say Ballyheane have a handy draw in the next round of the AIB Cup - they could go very far in this competition, what you think?

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast