Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Always comings and goings to be fair.

You would imagine only one coming down and two going up they will only relegate 1 to maintain the same number.

That being said there will be a lot of uncertainty between now and August about teams.

So anything could happen it is only a matter of time before we lose a division
    If Grangevale are gone that is 8 left. Let Glenthorn go down also club needs some sort of a looking at to get them back to a somewhat reasonable state. Keeping them in Premier won't do that making it 7. Promote the following then Castleview/Hill/2nd in the Premier A.. That's 10 teams there. That is the premier league sorted then and should have the "10" best teams in the AUL in it as such. Will make other leagues competitive and the lower division cups too. As for the restructure of the rest of league it will purely depend on who is staying next year.. Knocka 50/50 fellas saying here teams with the rumours around them and once the official registar of teams is gone is for the new season work on a structure around that then. I'm open to correction but seems the most reasonable way to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Yes does make sense to start from the top down ideally a 10 team Premier would be fantastic.
    But The Hill are key to this, they are under no obligation to go directly to Premier and to be fair I’d understand why they wouldn’t want to.

They might want to go up them correctly they have already done one double jump,they struggled below in the 3rd division for a nice while where others would have abandoned ship.
    They deserve their years in the sun.

The only issue about restructuring is it makes it hard for the weaker teams in Division 2 and 3 to compete and if you remove a division these are the teams that will be hit hardest.

But unfortunately something is going to have to be done in the short term.

To help get things moving back in the right direction.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Surely if grangevale were going they’d have a big announcement up on social media. They wouldn’t be able to help themselves.
    In fairness to grangevale they have a management team that love the game and love to play week in week out, they’d have that with CBL with a lot of games being played on all weather.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Watergrasshill wouldn't challenge in Prem. Fact.

The Gaa fixtures would kill them and all they have is 12 or 13 fit big lads and nothing else. Yes they have had a bit of a purple pitch but there built on nothing and will go thw way of the Dodo soon enough. Glencairn, Ballypheane,,,,,,,,,,need I say more.

Village will give Coachford a game.
    I'd argue there starting 11 is as good as anyone, there issue can be there disipline.

Anyone who saw the Hill v Ababdabadofjord game would admit there was no ball played , just hoofing for 90 mins on a small pitch.

Village may not have the fitness or physical prowess for a 90 min battle,,,,,,but they do have the players to win any 1 off game .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post

The Gaa fixtures would kill them and all they have is 12 or 13 fit big lads and nothing else. Yes they have had a bit of a purple pitch but there built on nothing and will go thw way of the Dodo soon enough. Glencairn, Ballypheane,,,,,,,,,,need I say more.

I'd argue there starting 11 is as good as anyone, there issue can be there disipline.

Anyone who saw the Hill v Ababdabadofjord game would admit there was no ball played , just hoofing for 90 mins on a small pitch.

Village may not have the fitness or physical prowess for a 90 min battle,,,,,,but they do have the players to win any 1 off game .
    It’s a bit disingenuous Jason to say Watergrasshil are built on nothing.

They just had an under 19 side side stroll a league they will all come into the reckoning now.

Any AUL side would love to have this coming in behind them especially on the back of their recent success.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I don't think Village have proven that they can beat anybody or that their XI is as good as anybody. They lost all 7 games against the top 3 teams.

I think it would be great for them to win.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed play it out

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    By their committee member gone to business league didn’t see that coming

Member of the committee is also member of the committee in the business league if I’m not mistaken

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Every game is a one off game and village have lost more of them than they have won this season. Fair play to them for getting making a cup final but it’s hard to see how they’ll even compete with coachford.

You’re being very unfair to watergrasshill, a team that could have easily packed it in when they went down the leagues but stuck it out and now seeing success. They’re obviously built on more than nothing, it’s knocka, blarney st, glen Celtic etc… are the ones that pack it in when the going gets tough after winning a trophy. No fear of watergrasshill, they kept ticking away when it would have been easier to pull the plug.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    People are picking and choosing bits of what I said.

I am not referencing Watergrasshill as a club.

Excellent club , always completed at underage level.

I'm on about a team , individual team who in a normal season under normal cumstamces and with clashing Gaa commitment would , I dare say could not compete, they would be stretched too far.

19s , ur havin a laugh . Let's see how many of those actually stick around with Mayfield, Mallow,Fermoy and Riverstown all MSL with top class facilities an alike tapping them up. Never mind City an Ramblers. Era na I'd rather play Aul Prem A,,,,,,,,

My point alludes to the fact it the Aul premier had 2 sides who are top heavy on Gaa lads then the fixtures would all but be played by the other teams with those 2 catching up.

On the Village thing , if Dulea can get them focused then they have a real chance.

Pointless staying that in the head to head games they lost out.

If the head to head game was at the start of the season UCC didn't have a team an Coachford got special treatment. Fact

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Sensible thing for Hill to do would be put 19s in as B team. Those players aren't good enough to play Senior after summer. AUL wouldn't care about the fixtures being out of whack too.

How couldn't they get focused for cup final?

We all know Coachford are favourites. We know Village have a few good players. Most likely outcome is Village are disorganised and lose it completely if they conceded a goal or two. There is a chance they take lead and go from there. That is the scenario we all want.

Of course it's relevant to talk about head to head. You said their XI is a match for anyone. It wasn't a match for Grattan, UCC or Coachford all season so far. Is it a match next week? Let's see.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Again you pick an choose......

Village when motivated are a completly different side to the let's just turn up an play Village.

Liverpool turned up once an missed a spotter against the crazy bunch ( lost on a few I'd say) .

The thing is for me , Village actually believe they have a chance, I agree.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Latte I being asked to educate you fella knocka went after winning premier mossy Aoh not when the going got tough they went out after winning everything and for me Watergrasshill sort out gaa and soccer players they will be competing again next year they’ll easily pick up treble this year for me Aul should definitely scrap 3rd division if I’m right with grange gone that’s 40 teams left 4 divisions 10 teams each

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'm picking the three best team to compare to as you said they have as good an XI as anyone. Those results say otherwise to that claim.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Latte I being asked to educate you fella knocka went after winning premier mossy Aoh not when the going got tough they went out after winning everything and for me Watergrasshill sort out gaa and soccer players they will be competing again next year they’ll easily pick up treble this year for me Aul should definitely scrap 3rd division if I’m right with grange gone that’s 40 teams left 4 divisions 10 teams each
    Did they not leave the year after coachford won the league with half the team dropping into aul 2 with same manager and half the team as blarney Street?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just finishing night shift Joe half tired so I stand to be corrected but didn’t knocka win league the year they left and most of them players went to Grattan think few of the older older lads welt to Street but the core of squad went up to the neighbours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    People are picking and choosing bits of what I said.

I am not referencing Watergrasshill as a club.

Excellent club , always completed at underage level.

I'm on about a team , individual team who in a normal season under normal cumstamces and with clashing Gaa commitment would , I dare say could not compete, they would be stretched too far.

19s , ur havin a laugh . Let's see how many of those actually stick around with Mayfield, Mallow,Fermoy and Riverstown all MSL with top class facilities an alike tapping them up. Never mind City an Ramblers. Era na I'd rather play Aul Prem A,,,,,,,,

My point alludes to the fact it the Aul premier had 2 sides who are top heavy on Gaa lads then the fixtures would all but be played by the other teams with those 2 catching up.

On the Village thing , if Dulea can get them focused then they have a real chance.

Pointless staying that in the head to head games they lost out.

If the head to head game was at the start of the season UCC didn't have a team an Coachford got special treatment. Fact
    So when you say they are built on nothing you refer to their 23/24 team?