Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2462

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityboy66 View Post
    Shandon lost to Hibs tonight 4-2 that is probably the end of that league now too
    Shock result.Watergrasshill still have shandon twice and richmond twice so could possibly drop a few points?
    Personally after watching watergrasshill against ucc a few weeks back I can't see them dropping much points

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Big game for gratts tomorrow sun sealed league in my opinion they’ll flake Glenthorn and springers

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking at latest set of fixtures it looks like mid June before some leagues will be over. None of the top 4 in div 2 down for a game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads can anyone tell me why it’s taking Aul so long to give points to gratts for wanderes game surely their not looking for loophole to keep coachford in league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Lads can anyone tell me why it’s taking Aul so long to give points to gratts for wanderes game surely their not looking for loophole to keep coachford in league
    Did Grattan appeal the result? Or was it a case The AUL spotted the illegal player? If Grattan appealed and done it right (unlike Knocka with Cathedral) then they should get the points. If The AUL discovered the illegal player then Grattan don't get points, Wanderers will just be docked 3 points.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes appealed it nearly 3 weeks ago now surely decision has to be made think what might catch teams is you have to write letter to club your appealing against to that’s what caught knocka out honestly think it’s one stupid rule I honestly think you should have to tell a team that cheated your appealing against um writing to Aul to appeal surely should be enough

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes appealed it nearly 3 weeks ago now surely decision has to be made think what might catch teams is you have to write letter to club your appealing against to that’s what caught knocka out honestly think it’s one stupid rule I honestly think you should have to tell a team that cheated your appealing against um writing to Aul to appeal surely should be enough
    Ah well then absolutely they'll get the points. It's an idiotic rule. But wouldn't surprise if Conlon was trying to find a way of screwing them over. Also, I think that if a team are found to have played an illegal player by The AUL then the game they played in should be awarded to the other team regardless of if they appealed it or not. Knocka should have got the points for that Cathedral game as soon as the AUL said they played an illegal player. Seems they like to have this superiority over everyone, "oh look we spotted this club cheating but you didn't so no points for you"

The fact the leagues will run deep into June is an absolute farce too. I think the divisional cups should be scrapped, serves no purpose when some teams start in the semi final. Obviously years ago before the league was mismanaged and lost over 50 teams they were a great idea. Get rid of the county and city cups too. Create one cup for teams division 1-3, The Mossie for Prem and Prem A and have the AOH for all then. This would reduce the fixtures and get us an end of May finish.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not sure I agree on the above point of scrapping cups. Some of the lower leagues team would have nothing to play for early doors, look at the Saxone cup Churchvilla and Moogela two teams who are no where near their Div, Prem A Waterloo and Knocka another example, Presidents Cup Coachford B Vs Strand B.. Strand well down the table, I do get your point but I don’t think scrapping the cups would be a fair idea, there’s a shortage of refs, unfortunate weather this year. Last year premier had 3 rounds of fixtures AOH Mossie and FAI and Munster Junior cup and that ran smoothly, Certain things need to be tightened. Starting with simple things such as FAI Connect, Bringing in something if you call a game off Friday unplayable pitch if reverse fixture still available offer away team to take league fixture, otherwise pitch inspections to take place by ref rather than a simple phone call. Obviously we see weather that there is no brainer for too. Small things like that might sound stupid but it’ll improve things I wouldn’t be looking for a quick fix of scrapping cups at all. The presidents cup is a proud competition going on a number of years for example scrapping it wud not be justified just my own personal view on the suggestion..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It’s the way cups or run is the problem semi of Henry Healy was 5 months ago play the bloody thing on any pitch get it over way same with mossy going on for months no need at all go back to start of season when everyone on here knows well coachford giving break at start was a joke just shows now when coachford Grattan not playing league game for another 3 weeks in all fairness

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Will we see any games this weekend? Could be playing games into July at this rate

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Where on against Ucc above in gratts Big day for parish Pa Connor’s have whippy vans order for half 1

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Only messing lads no whippy vans few bouncy castles family day out only way we see committee at a game so they can charge at the gate money money money hopefully we get 3 points tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMC View Post
    Ah well then absolutely they'll get the points. It's an idiotic rule. But wouldn't surprise if Conlon was trying to find a way of screwing them over. Also, I think that if a team are found to have played an illegal player by The AUL then the game they played in should be awarded to the other team regardless of if they appealed it or not. Knocka should have got the points for that Cathedral game as soon as the AUL said they played an illegal player. Seems they like to have this superiority over everyone, "oh look we spotted this club cheating but you didn't so no points for you"

The fact the leagues will run deep into June is an absolute farce too. I think the divisional cups should be scrapped, serves no purpose when some teams start in the semi final. Obviously years ago before the league was mismanaged and lost over 50 teams they were a great idea. Get rid of the county and city cups too. Create one cup for teams division 1-3, The Mossie for Prem and Prem A and have the AOH for all then. This would reduce the fixtures and get us an end of May finish.
    The most important thing is that the rules are applied consistently, people might not agree with them but as long as the correct procedures are followed as per the rule book set out at the start of the season there can be no complaints.

Not for one minute should any cups be scraped including the Corinthians Cup.

Winning silverware is hard done it’s vital to keep interest going in junior soccer that every team feels they have a realistic chance of getting a pieces of silverware every year.

If you remove the divisional and Corinthians Cup you make this very very hard for the lower ranked teams.

As lower ranked team especially in the lower divisions you will probably lack the consistency to challenge for league honours but a cup run at your level should be an achievable target.

Take this away and in my opinion you would lose more clubs and that’s the last thing the AUL needs.

The prolonged nature of the season is mainly due to the bad weather and the fact the most teams and infrastructural useless and don’t have the money or the drive to improve their facilities to help combat this issue.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    The most important thing is that the rules are applied consistently, people might not agree with them but as long as the correct procedures are followed as per the rule book set out at the start of the season there can be no complaints.

Not for one minute should any cups be scraped including the Corinthians Cup.

Winning silverware is hard done it’s vital to keep interest going in junior soccer that every team feels they have a realistic chance of getting a pieces of silverware every year.

If you remove the divisional and Corinthians Cup you make this very very hard for the lower ranked teams.

As lower ranked team especially in the lower divisions you will probably lack the consistency to challenge for league honours but a cup run at your level should be an achievable target.

Take this away and in my opinion you would lose more clubs and that’s the last thing the AUL needs.

The prolonged nature of the season is mainly due to the bad weather and the fact the most teams and infrastructural useless and don’t have the money or the drive to improve their facilities to help combat this issue.

Would definitely agree with this.
    Should consideration be given to running cups later in season to keep teams interested,sure they be finishing up at same time as now anyway?

The gap between michaels cup semi and final and Henry healy semi/final was shocking.
    Run them closer together from February maybe?

Obviously weather an issue but what happened to talk of aul block booking astros?
    If they block booked dates teams that are behind on games could be made play to keep things even then?

Then again they may not want to upset certain teams and force them to play.

Obviously weather has been a huge issue this year but surely better organisation could be managed

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    All the talk about Ucc now all year I hope to see good game today if their bate out the door by Grattan over 35s I be disappointed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    All the talk about UCC
    All the talk was negative, what do ye be on about

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Stroll in park for us could of hit 10 ucc looked like pub team

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stroll in park for us could of hit 10 ucc looked like pub team
    Harsh you have no affiliation to grattan stop spreading fake news around this forum , comfortable for grattan tho 5-0 with 5 different scorers bullman on course for the golden boot

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    UCC haven't anything to play for. Grattan and Coachford should win all their games easily. The game between them will be important depending on the appeal result.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Excuse me Rossum go back up to castleview you I’m here along longer than you no need for that