Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1964

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Stephen Kenny is Kelleher’s top target according to the Examiner,from listening to LOI Central and Dan McDonnell’s comments on his future plans it seems a long shot…..
    I reckon that is a completely fabricated story from the examiner. I spotted Kenny at a few of our games recently and they got a pic and attached the Kenny to Pats story to one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Maybe we should future proof the posibility by saying SK is past his prime...

You'd have to wonder how long Kenny can turn down offers in LoI especially at the sort of money that has been mentioned. Unless he does get an attractive offer from outisde LoI he will have to cut his loses, St Pats timing makes it a possibility, Derry keeping their powder dry and fit the abroad requirement so still the most likely prospect now that Dundalk decided not to wait (cant see why we couldnt as it still looks like Garts and Burns doing the coaching rather than King), Dundalk's trump card was simply him living locally and has spoken about the importance of greater family time after a scare, but that boat has sailed.

Is SK the best fit? His strength is building sides, seeing the value in players others have overlook, maximising average players, can work with a range of budgets (Dundalk FC all over). Getting a misfiring inherited side firing like St Pats doesnt need a big pay day appointment - could actually be a situation more suited to Buckley!!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Bucko is a club legend and his sides particularly the cup winning side in 2014 were a joy to watch. But I'd be inclined to say his time has passed somewhat and his spell with Cork last season would not inspire confidence even if it was a director of football role.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Maybe we should future proof the posibility by saying SK is past his prime...

You'd have to wonder how long Kenny can turn down offers in LoI especially at the sort of money that has been mentioned. Unless he does get an attractive offer from outisde LoI he will have to cut his loses, St Pats timing makes it a possibility, Derry keeping their powder dry and fit the abroad requirement so still the most likely prospect now that Dundalk decided not to wait (cant see why we couldnt as it still looks like Garts and Burns doing the coaching rather than King), Dundalk's trump card was simply him living locally and has spoken about the importance of greater family time after a scare, but that boat has sailed.

Is SK the best fit? His strength is building sides, seeing the value in players others have overlook, maximising average players, can work with a range of budgets (Dundalk FC all over). Getting a misfiring inherited side firing like St Pats doesnt need a big pay day appointment - could actually be a situation more suited to Buckley!!?

I think the Derry job is the one SK would be most tempted by and might be waiting for,I think he still has a house in Inishowen and is probably the job with the biggest potential budget if he were to go in there….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kksaints View Post
    Bucko is a club legend and his sides particularly the cup winning side in 2014 were a joy to watch. But I'd be inclined to say his time has passed somewhat and his spell with Cork last season would not inspire confidence even if it was a director of football role.
    Yeah I’d agree. Buckley was brilliant, especially from 2012 to 2015, but I think his time has passed. As for Stephen Kenny, as good as his record is in the league, I can’t help wondering if he has been somewhat damaged by his time with the national team. It was a rough time fo him, and he wouldn’t be human if it didn’t knock his confidence somewhat. Having said that, of course if he wants it we’d have to take him, but I don’t think he would come with any guarantees. Not sure what other candidates I’d favour.

I feel a bit sorry for Jon Daly. He did a good job last season, and I liked the way he conducted himself. Clearly something wasn’t right this year. Whether he could have turned it around, who knows.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Kelleher does not like it when we defeat Pats on a bank holiday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    Daly must be disappointed if pats had gone to tallaght and won this Friday as waterford have shown is far from impossible he would be 3 points off Rovers who are currently second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Kelleher does not like it when we defeat Pats on a bank holiday
    I blame the FAI schedulers . The mad thing is, I actually thought we started quite well yesterday, and the goal came against the run of play. Once we conceded though, the air seemed to go out of the balloon. You could almost see the players going “ oh, here we go again”
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Pats should go for Joey O'Brien. He's gonna make a great manager one day I feel,and he's as responsible for the recent upward curve in shels as duff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I blame the FAI schedulers . The mad thing is, I actually thought we started quite well yesterday, and the goal came against the run of play. Once we conceded though, the air seemed to go out of the balloon. You could almost see the players going “ oh, here we go again”
    Yeah it was one way traffic for the first 15 minutes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Yeah I’d agree. Buckley was brilliant, especially from 2012 to 2015, but I think his time has passed. As for Stephen Kenny, as good as his record is in the league, I can’t help wondering if he has been somewhat damaged by his time with the national team. It was a rough time fo him, and he wouldn’t be human if it didn’t knock his confidence somewhat. Having said that, of course if he wants it we’d have to take him, but I don’t think he would come with any guarantees. Not sure what other candidates I’d favour.

I feel a bit sorry for Jon Daly. He did a good job last season, and I liked the way he conducted himself. Clearly something wasn’t right this year. Whether he could have turned it around, who knows.
    I dont think I have ever seen a manager so meek as SK when he ook the Dundalk job, he grew in to the job as his team did and he wasnt far off a league win in his 1st season, was a different man in front of the cameras there after. He is an emotional and passionate man, not naturally abrasive as can be needed under media pressure. I actually dont think he is at such a low point after the national job, he believes he achieved something and he arguably did devekop the bones of a squad, created some depth - right job wrong time type stuff, worldwide pandemic chucked in there for luck, he'll have been seriiously disappointed but seems to have marked it off as personal development, experience. He's backed himself looking for a higher profile job, time will tell whether others willl do the same. I do hope he takes on media training, even do some punditry for a bit as his greatest admirers, biggest critics and potential suiters abroad would have watched some of those post match interviews and press conferences and it was tough viewing at times. Its a risk for any LoI club appointing him tbh as his ambition would see him leave for a league club in England if someone wanted to take a punt and sure all he has to do is give a months notice and off he goes.

I think Daly should have been given a bit more time, St Pats have deep pockets and dont absolutely need European qualification to panic change a manager. For sure the owner wants to win trophies but there is wriggle room that other clubs dont always have financially. The tone of the club statement may indicate a rift, no interim talk that ive seen yet so maybe a plan is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Pats should go for Joey O'Brien. He's gonna make a great manager one day I feel,and he's as responsible for the recent upward curve in shels as duff.
    You may well have just ruined O'Brien's future in management PC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Keith long an outside shout for pats i wonder? is there still a lot up in the air down in waterford with regards owner + funding etc ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    The Kenny one is interesting. He is out of work since November and probably wanted a short break. However, so far he has not managed to get one of these ‘overseas’ roles that he seems to be so interested in taking. 6 months have passed and still nothing. I get the impression the offers haven’t exactly been flooding in. We saw with Kerr post Ireland. He got the Faroes job and then nothing…

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Ticket Information for Cobh Ramblers FC versus Cork City – St. Colman’s Park Friday 10th May

https://cobhramblers.ie/ticket_infor...1PyvdKZYaZ2Tbl

Safe capacity was agreed at 3,000 with 300 allocated for away support this has now been increased to 600 after requests from Cork City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    Ticket Information for Cobh Ramblers FC versus Cork City – St. Colman’s Park Friday 10th May

https://cobhramblers.ie/ticket_infor...1PyvdKZYaZ2Tbl

Safe capacity was agreed at 3,000 with 300 allocated for away support this has now been increased to 600 after requests from Cork City.

not a hope will cobh get 2.4k "home" fans in ffs. there will be plenty of city fans down in cobh tonight getting tickets.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Well we can rule O'Donnell out of the running for Pat's manager...if he was ever in the running

https://twitter.com/bfcdublin/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Confirmed as assistant manager at Bohs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Well we can rule O'Donnell out of the running for Pat's manager...if he was ever in the running

https://twitter.com/bfcdublin/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Confirmed as assistant manager at Bohs
    Classic LOI stuff that a few weeks ago one was a manager and the other an assistant, now they’re together in the opposite roles
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Classic LOI stuff that a few weeks ago one was a manager and the other an assistant, now they’re together in the opposite roles
    LOI becoming the like the NFL with fired Head Coaches immediately taking up co-ordinator vacancies for a season or two before they are hoping to be cleansed to interview for head coaching positions once again
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Did anyone have that on their LOI bingo card?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    Rovers Belgrade penelty hero Stephen O Donnell leaves Dundalk rooted to the bottom of the league and moves on to Bohs......could he relegate both this year ??

Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast