Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1964

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Classic LOI stuff that a few weeks ago one was a manager and the other an assistant, now they’re together in the opposite roles
    Pragmatic and sensible by S'OD, if a bit odd in the turnaround. Bills need paying, a coaching career can take a step back to go forward. There are plenty who would stubbornly not look at an assistants post after being manager - and how often do we hear it in LoI that its the assistant thats the real brains behind success, think it may have started and been debunked with Pete Mahon!?

Its all strangely quiet in Inchicore, has to stoke the expectations of a big appointment imminent given Kelleher's reputation.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/05/2024 at 2:02 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Pragmatic and sensible by S'OD, if a bit odd in the turnaround. Bills need paying, a coaching career can take a step back to go forward. There are plenty who would stubbornly not look at an assistants post after being manager - and how often do we hear it in LoI that its the assistant thats the real brains behind success, think it may have started and been debunked with Pete Mahon!?

Its all strangely quiet in Inchicore, has to stoke the expectations of a big appointment imminent given Kelleher's reputation.
    I'd imagine he was given a severance package by Dundalk when he left so probably could have waited before taking on an assistant role but ultimately you're right bills need to be paid and we are already seeing Joey O'Brien being built up as the brains behind Duff's Shels team by some on here. I've always felt that the truth is somewhere in the middle with these things though. I think a manager has to be a good coach to have a plan on how they want to play, what players they want to bring in, how they should play in certain games and situations and then have the man management skills to deal with players who may get the chop. Great managers will know what their strengths in these areas are in bring in assistants & coaches to help in the other areas or bring in fresh ideas, different viewpoints etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    One of Clanceys last games in charge of PAts was a match in Tallaght where rumour had it Kelliher was swinging the axe if they lost, a late equalizer kept Clancey in situ, maybe Kelliher doesnt want to risk a PAts win on Friday if he has already made his mind up,
    Still think it is to quick personally, as i said in an earlier post a win Friday would have them 3 points off us and we are second with a far bigger budget than Pats

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    I agree that it’s sensible from O’Donnell (and Bohs), it keeps him in footballing employment and if Reynolds doesn’t work out he’d probably be the one to step in and take the Bohs job (if someone else doesn’t offer him something that interests him before then).

It’s all strangely quiet in Inchicore, has to stoke the expectations of a big appointment imminent given Kelleher's reputation.
    Not sure what this is supposed to mean. The manager was sacked yesterday and I’ve seen about 15 different articles from journalists linking Kenny, Rice, Long, Barraclough, Fleming, Elliott, Perth with the job. If you throw enough **** at the wall, some of it will stick and all that. But ‘strangely quiet’ I don’t get, the club are hardly going to release statements on the specific order of their preferred targets or something
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    I agree that it’s sensible from O’Donnell (and Bohs), it keeps him in footballing employment and if Reynolds doesn’t work out he’d probably be the one to step in and take the Bohs job (if someone else doesn’t offer him something that interests him before then).

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. The manager was sacked yesterday and I’ve seen about 15 different articles from journalists linking Kenny, Rice, Long, Barraclough, Fleming, Elliott, Perth with the job. If you throw enough **** at the wall, some of it will stick and all that. But ‘strangely quiet’ I don’t get, the club are hardly going to release statements on the specific order of their preferred targets or something
    I was thinking of the standard who is taking training today and for a game in a couple of days. So maybe the lack of info from the club, rather than media speculation, is that there is no point in announcing the interim plan if the main man is about to step in imminently. It would stand to reason that Kelleher will have had things in mind, what sbgawa suggests makes sense, so possibly an already planned appointment is in the off. Kelleher would hardly have been rash and just pulled the trigger on a whim? It wouldnt be a surprise if Daly was pulled in by Kelleher, words were exchanged and a manager is gone or walks - still reckon the club statement says more in what wasnt said though the lack of some of the usual old platitudes was kind of refreshing.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/05/2024 at 3:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    I was thinking of the standard who is taking training today and for a game in a couple of days. So maybe the lack of info from the club, rather than media speculation, is that there is no point in announcing the interim plan if the main man is about to step in imminently. It would stand to reason that Kelleher will have had things in mind, what sbgawa suggests makes sense, so possibly an already planned appointment is in the off. Kelleher would hardly have been rash and just pulled the trigger on a whim? It wouldnt be a surprise if Daly was pulled in by Kelleher, words were exchanged and a manager is gone or walks - still reckon the club statement says more in what wasnt said though the lack of the usual old platitudes was kind of refreshing.

Pats aren’t talking about who is taking training or the game on Friday because Pats fans f**king hate him !!!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Pats aren’t talking about who is taking training or the game on Friday because Pats fans f**king hate him !!!!!
    Yeah Sean O'Connor wouldn’t be a popular figure to put it mildly. Varying reports have said it’s either him and or Stephen Elliott that are taking training at the moment and the game on Friday
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,242 Posts
    Would Jim Gannon be an option for an LoI club?

Out of work in England, but highly respected in the lower leagues (especially at Stockport). Obviously strong LoI connections too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    So there is a reason for the club being mute! Whats the issue with Sean O'Connor, Im not familiar with any reason for internal dislking of coaches at St Pats so any chance of a recap? For a moment i read Sean Connor and eyes lit up but alas no fun to be had there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Would Jim Gannon be an option for an LoI club?

Out of work in England, but highly respected in the lower leagues (especially at Stockport). Obviously strong LoI connections too.
    I would think so, be good to have a local back in the league. When managing at Dundalk it was 1st Division mayhem and a thankless job. He'd have progressed a lot since then too. Wouldnt have much knowledge of the league but that shouldnt deter a meticulous preperation type like JG or a club!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    349 Posts
    So there is a reason for the club being mute! Whats the issue with Sean O'Connor, Im not familiar with any reason for internal dislking of coaches at St Pats so any chance of a recap? For a moment i read Sean Connor and eyes lit up but alas no fun to be had there.
    https://x.com/ocowzer/status/1787902233666900073?s=46

Follow the quote tweets to that and you’ll get the idea…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    https://x.com/ocowzer/status/1787902233666900073?s=46

Follow the quote tweets to that and you’ll get the idea…..
    Yeah O’Connor would not be a popular figure with Pats fans, to put it mildly. He made some comments about the clubs lack of ambition after leaving for Rovers, and has was involved in a couple of incidents after that, including giving the finger to Pats supporters after a game in Tallaght, and a verbal altercation with some Pats supporters in the stand at Richmond, which I personally witnessed. Quite apart from any of that, I think if Daly was given the bullet, then O’Connor should have gone too. Now he will be in charge on Friday. I wouldn’t like to see him get the job. Ger O’Brien and Ian Bermingham are supposedly taking training along with him. Two club legends, but I’m not sure I’d like to see either of them appointed either. If it didn’t work out I’d hate to see them lost to the club.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    The LOI is like a soap opera,it's brilliant!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    The LOI is like a soap opera,it's brilliant!
    But when is the Bobby Ewing ‘It was all a dream’ in the shower moment.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Ehm....
    Stephen Kenny pitching up at drogheda,saying he's delighted to finally get a chance to work in the louth region?
    Roy Keane taking over management duties at Pat's ,claiming Dublin is the hotbed of Irish football?
    Noel King getting a jo.... Hang on!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    You missed it, it was St Pats 2001-02 league title.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 09/05/2024 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Must dig up that classic Pats official tweet around Nov 2018 'We fully support SK to be appointed Ireland Manager' (while just having won the double and still with Dundalk and under contract)

Almost unbelievable, or was that another Bobby Ewing flashback?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Git Forrester getting another pat's manager fired. And now windy is in charge for the Rovers game.. He'll have to resist the urge to jump up in delight if/when Rovers score

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    That is funny. Can you imagine if he did jump up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...979031398.html

Could all still be media talk but there tends to be no smoke without fire in LOI circles. It’s a case of wait and see until an announcement is made.

Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast