Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 3rd to 7th May 2024

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Nervy enough win for Pats at home to Drogheda. We were ok, but not great. Most of our chances in the second half came on the break I think. But at least we created a few chances. One great chance for Drogheda with a header (think it was from a free kick) and a few balls bobbling around in our box. Felt we missed Joe Redmond and Jamie Lennon. Still, a wins a win, especially after the last few weeks.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Dreadful standard of football in Richmond tonight. It was a really poor game with lots of errors and poor finishing. It was a much needed win but not getting overly excited by it tbh.
    Last edited by D24Saint; 03/05/2024 at 9:58 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    Thought pats played well first half but Drogheda seemed to be set up to play for a 0-0 and defended equally as well up until a lovely goal by Keating just before halftime ruined that plan. Second half when Doherty allowed men to cross the halfway line they created some decent chances among bits of pinball in the pats box. Kavanagh and Forrrester missed great chances from point blank range to kill the game off which lead to more late pressure from Drogheda but pats managed to hold out. A big improvement on the performance in Tolka but that wasn’t hard given how bad last week was. As mentioned Redmond and Lennon were a big loss in protecting pats defensive third but at least Lennon is back from suspension now
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts
    7th assist of the season for Brandon Kavanagh tonight in 14 appearances. Really impressive record considering the highest in the entire league season last year was 10
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Happy with that point tonight, it was a fair old battle, Dundalk def better side in first half, Shels went for it last 10, and got hold of the MF, but our defence stood firm. That's 5 clean sheets in a row now at home, only one win mind, but its gradually improving. A win on Mon and first chance in months to get off the bottom.

Shels very well organised all over the park, but then again so were we at the back, it certainly didn't look like a top v bottom contest, that's for sure, but overall a draw was a fair result.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Hope you didn’t do accounting in UCD. Must be over 200 in that stand.
    Did you count them. I counted them. And yes, I did a B Com in UCD, and there were 91 people so if you want lay me an even 50 euro, I'll send you a screen grab and happy to give you decent odds that I'm within ten and you aren't within 50. Fair bet yeah ?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Was in Oriel, my God Shels must be one of the most boring sides of all time. Turgid football. Says a lot about the standard of the league currently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,347 Posts
    While the fare on show in Finn Park wasn't exactly a classic, any poor performance by either football team was well outdone by a truly dreadful refereeing performance. If the standard of football is bad, the referee was really out to set the bar for utter shyte standards sets.

Treaty had one shot, none on target.

Harps created a bagful of chances and barely scored one goal.

Needs to be a massive improvement but at least we're in third with a couple of fairly winnable games in Bray and Longford over the coming week.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Wexford blew a 2 goal lead for the 4th time in 6 games. The keeper was shocking for the equaliser but to solely blame him is missing the point, they give up so many chances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    Did you count them. I counted them. And yes, I did a B Com in UCD, and there were 91 people so if you want lay me an even 50 euro, I'll send you a screen grab and happy to give you decent odds that I'm within ten and you aren't within 50. Fair bet yeah ?
    I did go on and count them and based on the attendance of 252 I reckon I did a better job of it than you did. You keep your €50 coz based on your grasp of numbers you probably meant €5.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Happy enough with the point for Shels because we were pretty awful tonight the players clearly struggle on that artificial pitch, only positive for us was Shane Farrell who was bright after coming off the bench maybe Duff's comments done something positive

Whatever you think about the longevity of King's unexpected appointment at Oriel he has that Dundalk team working very hard and mobilised they're just blunt in the final third missing a certain Pat Hoban which reflects in their goals scored so far this season

I think that Oriel artificial surface has got even worse this season, hard watch as usual but some of the random trampolining of the ball into the air was the craziest I have seen there
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    Wexford blew a 2 goal lead for the 4th time in 6 games. The keeper was shocking for the equaliser but to solely blame him is missing the point, they give up so many chances
    Mason gave away two goals across the last two meetings with Longford too, time for a change maybe.

It's crazy the amount of goals Wexford ship, could and should be well up there with Cork City otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Happy enough with the point for Shels because we were pretty awful tonight the players clearly struggle on that artificial pitch, only positive for us was Shane Farrell who was bright after coming off the bench maybe Duff's comments done something positive

Whatever you think about the longevity of King's unexpected appointment at Oriel he has that Dundalk team working very hard and mobilised they're just blunt in the final third missing a certain Pat Hoban which reflects in their goals scored so far this season

I think that Oriel artificial surface has got even worse this season, hard watch as usual but some of the random trampolining of the ball into the air was the craziest I have seen there
    Its in its final year, new surface going down next pre season, I'd have grass myself, but I`m not the one calling the shots or paying the bills.

Always amazes me how little criticism Brandywell pitch gets compared to Oriel, I actually think its worse, Shels are there on Monday.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Interesting that you blame the pitch for Shels performance tonight, much as I don’t want to bring it up, but a poor Sligo managed fine on it a few weeks ago.
    Dundalk probably should’ve won tonight but we lack a cutting edge. Shels got the point they came for so Duff should be happy. Shels are a very organised side who seem to carry out their instructions well, though there is a lot of meaningless passing around the back, but I felt we should have won had a lot more chances though most of our shots were straight at the keeper.
    If we take our chances I think we’ll be ok but whether that happens or not is the big question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    We were just about the better side tonight although Drogs did have plenty of chances to equalise in the 2nd half because of our inability to defend setpieces. We had two really good chances on the counter and a good penalty shot turned down which would have made it more comfortable. We were in control 1st half and deserved our lead. Keating had his best game so far for us and Forrester was better than he had been this season albeit still off his best somewhat. Kavanagh has some number of assists so far but his positioning or lack of is problematic. Cann looks a good player for Drogs and Pierrot did cause issues at times with his physicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Lads, Rob Hennessy reffed a game and there were no bookings! Galway United and their notoriously indisciplined bench, annd Rob Hennessy reffing. And not a single booking! Madness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Its in its final year, new surface going down next pre season, I'd have grass myself, but I`m not the one calling the shots or paying the bills.

Always amazes me how little criticism Brandywell pitch gets compared to Oriel, I actually think its worse, Shels are there on Monday.
    And hardly any room from Shels fans to be calling out dundalks poor pitch(it is a poor pitch) or using it as an excuse for a mediocre draw while their own (grass)pitch is is bits ffs!
    Drawe, fair result although we should have won and need a striker to turn 1 point into 3 points . Hope Ainscough has a few Bob left in the kitty. Noticed he was at op tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Only 4 goals scored in in the 5 Premier games tonight. Will fans keep coming out in big numbers to see games like these? Are coaches being conservative or is it a lack of attacking quality?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

So weird to blame Oriels pitch with the absolute state that Tolka Park is in. Pitch played much better than the sticky and bumpy mess in the reverse fixture.

Shels tactic was to bore everyone to death last night.

League is there to be challenged for, yet clubs like Shelbourne just don't have the balls for it.

Hard to think it was first place against last in that game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Only 4 goals scored in in the 5 Premier games tonight. Will fans keep coming out in big numbers to see games like these? Are coaches being conservative or is it a lack of attacking quality?
    personally think its both

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast