Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Westlife top of music charts/Westlife discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    well two of them did.The other one Kian 'the gobsh!te' Egan is a boll0x.no wonder everyone in the town hates the sight of him.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stars
    well two of them did.The other one Kian 'the gobsh!te' Egan is a boll0x.no wonder everyone in the town hates the sight of him.
    I'm hearing that a lot.....Shane and Mark do seem to be the decent ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe
    I'm hearing that a lot
    He really is an arrogant feck. Sure why do ya think he got a black eye in Abrakebabra in town a few years ago? It wasn't just because they might have been scumbags that did it!
    Last edited by sligoman; 17/11/2005 at 1:21 AM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    He really is an arrogant feck. Sure why do ya think he got a black eye in Abrakebra in town a few years ago? It wasn't just because they might have been scumbags that did it!
    I've been in Abrakebra in Sligo! Not at that time though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Thought I'd resurect this thread. They're still going
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Indeed they are...better than ever, 10 sold out shows in the point this summer and more to be added! plus over 60-70 more in the UK! still jealous lads? fare play to them....they've done more for this country than the likes of the begrudgers on this thread have done...i.e lionel ritchie! ****er! ten years at the top this coming march, and people say the have no talent...its not lady luck lads....i know for a fact how much work the 4 of them put into their job....and yes it is a business in a way, its their living....just like any one else really! there possibly the most succesful irish band in history and all people can do is ****ing bash them and run them down...bloody fools ye! go way and get lives for yourselves, please! there way more hard working that lots of ye im sure! and they are a very succesful, down to earth bunch of lads...believe me, i know! shane and mark gave a substantial amount of money to the club a couple of years back for the youth set-up, dont see too many people like them digging into their own back pockets to support their local club! they are continuosly doing charity work, very little of it publicly announced! they get no credit off their fellow irishmen which, IMO, is an absolute disgrace! all most people on here can do is give out about them, moan at how succesfull they are (they only do covers)..go have a look at their first 7/8 singles aswell, not one cover! their succesful at what they do, live with it!

feo, tone it down a bit. Attack the post, not the poster.

sligoman
    Last edited by sligoman; 07/01/2007 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I doubt you would have the same attitude towards other boybands as you do towards Westlife so yours is hardly an objective opinion!
    They dont get credit off most Irish people because most Irish people think their music is ****e , you can go on about how much they do for the country and all that but when it comes down to it they are "musicians" not tourist board representitives and as such should be judged on their music!
    Last edited by gustavo; 07/01/2007 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    Indeed they are...better than ever, 10 sold out shows in the point this summer and more to be added! plus over 60-70 more in the UK! still jealous lads? fare play to them....they've done more for this country than the likes of the begrudgers on this thread have done...i.e lionel ritchie! *****r! ten years at the top this coming march, and people say the have no talent...its not lady luck lads....i know for a fact how much work the 4 of them put into their job....and yes it is a business in a way, its their living....just like any one else really! there possibly the most succesful irish band in history and all people can do is fuc*in bash them and run them down...bloody fools ye! go way and get lives for yourselves, please! there way more hard working that lots of ye im sure! and they are a very succesful, down to earth bunch of lads...believe me, i know! shane and mark gave a substantial amount of money to the club a couple of years back for the youth set-up, dont see too many people like them digging into their own back pockets to support their local club! they are continuosly doing charity work, very little of it publicly announced! they get no credit off their fellow irishmen which, IMO, is an absolute disgrace! all most people on here can do is give out about them, moan at how succesfull they are (they only do covers)..go have a look at their first 7/8 singles aswell, not one cover! their succesful at what they do, live with it!
    So Louis Walsh follows Rovers in his spare time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    eh, no...where did you get that from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    eh, no...where did you get that from?
    It's called sarcasm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i know but was he trying to be funny?

......beacuse, it wasnt really at all funny....no offence
    Last edited by sligoman; 10/01/2007 at 9:52 PM. Reason: merge...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    i know but was he trying to be funny?

......beacuse, it wasnt really at all funny....no offence
    Maybe to you it wasn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Dont worry Louis we wont let on that you are a die hard Rovers supporter, we know the image you have to keep up.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Maybe to you it wasn't.
    not really, no?!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    , and pigs can fly now can they?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ai3iJKyYmQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Sweet screaming Jesus!
    If that Gregory kid from the South Park movie had one peach schnapps too many and tried to win a Coors t-shirt by singing a Luther Vandross song in a karaoke ... I suspect we've just found the audio track they could use.

Got enough rope yet feo?
    Last edited by Lionel Ritchie; 14/01/2007 at 8:16 AM.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lads calm down please!

its a music band who are good at what they do!
    sure i dont like it, but i bet they make more money in a year than any of the rest of us will in our lives.

its hard work, but please dont slag them the way you are lionel..

btw... i dont like lionel ritche

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    lads calm down please!

sure i dont like it, but i bet they make more money in a year than any of the rest of us will in our lives.

its hard work, but please dont slag them the way you are lionel..

btw... i dont like lionel ritche
    SB ... I'm perfectly calm. I didn't resurrect a topic that had been lying idle for 13 months. That's not swiping at Sligoman ...just pointing out I've no great axe to grind here.

Subjective. I don't believe they even qualify as a "band" -a band being a collective of musicians playing in concert in my book*. They could be more accurately described as a "male vocal and dance revue".

The amount of records they sell or money they make is of no consequence to me. If anyone else wants to celebrate it ...party your balls off and good luck to you.

I didn't "slag" them off anywhere I can find. I might have taken them to task on a few bits but y'know this is a big boys site the last time I checked.

If you'd like to read posts somewhere they aren't getting a well earned verbal kicking might I suggest their website (though last time I checked ...admittedly about 4 years ago ...you'd to pay to see anything substantial beyond banner ads.)

*...that's not just having a go at their inability to play instruments. I would consider, for example, The Flying Pickets to be a band ...if that seems inconsistent well I'll say it's better to be supple as a willow than rigid as the cedar.
    Last edited by Lionel Ritchie; 15/01/2007 at 7:45 AM.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts
    I've deleted the two worst posts in this thread. I'll delete more if it continues, then I'll lock it, then I'll start banning people.

On the subject in general, please tone down the rhetoric, all of ye. I don't have a problem with commentary on the band or their "music" in general - personally I find the entire boy band phenomena sickening, and this crowd in particular vomit-inducing - but the personal comments are over the top in my opinion. Yes, the people involved put themselves in the public eye and have no right to complain about commentary, but some of the stuff being said is just plain nasty in this format, no matter what their character. Save it for the pub please.

adam

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567