Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground Sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thumbs down Ground Sharing

Heard from a source, that the government want Shelbourne Fc to move into Dallymount with Bohs as well as St.Patricks moving into Tallaght with Shamrock Rovers.
    All four clubs will be given a massive cash boost of a couple million each for this off the government.
    Dont know if any one else heard about this??? but i cant see it happening.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roddy Collins wrote about this in the star on sunday, shels-bohs thing might work but pats in tallaght in my opinion should never happen, they can keep their stadium of light, we are gettin back on our feet slowly but surely and are well entitled to our OWN ground at this stage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallaghtfornia
    pats in tallaght in my opinion should never happen, they can keep their stadium of light, we are gettin back on our feet slowly but surely and are well entitled to our OWN ground at this stage
    Every club is entitled to their own ground. If true, it just shows that government don't give a crap about our league.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper 99
    Heard from a source, that the government want Shelbourne Fc to move into Dallymount with Bohs as well as St.Patricks moving into Tallaght with Shamrock Rovers.
    All four clubs will be given a massive cash boost of a couple million each for this off the government.
    Well your "source" is about a week late!! Was in the star last friday. Wont happen.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I heard it back then but i was also told about it last night, from some one else. shels bohs might happen but not a hope pats moving to tallaght.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wasn't that up for discussion about a year ago? If I remember correctly the clubs wanted to build a new Stadium back then. Hopefully it won't happen. As someone said earlier every club should have their own ground. Think identifying yourself with the crest of the club is as important as identifying yourself with their homeground for the majority of the supporters it is anyway........oh dear i hope i make sense at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    my understanding is that boyezzzz might sell shels 49% of dalyer and let them do their worst with the connaught st side. the govt will hand them approx 10m and shels will have the cash from the sale of their lease on tolka back to DCC. but the gypo members will probably not bite.
    pats to tallaght is far more likely. we have to share with other football sides, we assumed this to mean local LSL/junior/schools sides, but why not another EL club? its the only one that a club cant 'block'.
    Pats would be the sub tenents and with the money they make from selling richer to spend on players etc. only serious issue for them is we will be well established in tallaght by then and the stadium will be very green and white.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    my understanding is that boyezzzz might sell shels 49% of dalyer and let them do their worst with the connaught st side. the govt will hand them approx 10m and shels will have the cash from the sale of their lease on tolka back to DCC. but the gypo members will probably not bite.
    pats to tallaght is far more likely. we have to share with other football sides, we assumed this to mean local LSL/junior/schools sides, but why not another EL club? its the only one that a club cant 'block'.
    Pats would be the sub tenents and with the money they make from selling richer to spend on players etc. only serious issue for them is we will be well established in tallaght by then and the stadium will be very green and white.
    Two teams moving into Tallaght from outside is daft. There's plenty of scope for one club to become established in that area - but where's the logic in havign 2 clubs competing directly for exactly the same audience from scratch ? Why divide your potential support ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper 99
    Source? It was in the papers days ago and the notion has been around since early last year.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Pats would be the sub tenents
    Not my understanding. Both clubs would have equal status in a municipal stadium

the money they make from selling richer to spend on players etc
    Again, my understanding is that any club co joining Rovers in Tallaght would be asked to make a significant financial contribution.

the stadium will be very green and white.
    Wouldn't bet on that, SDCC will decide on the final finish and will make it as neutral as possible.
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc

Again, my understanding is that any club co joining Rovers in Tallaght would be asked to make a significant financial contribution.

Wouldn't bet on that, SDCC will decide on the final finish and will make it as neutral as possible.
    We will be the MAIN tenants in the ground and we will have the right to have 40 matches there a year. Also we can build a bar out of own funds and keep all profits.

The SDCC have not yet decided on the finishing touches re colour of seats etc.

At the moment this is all paper talk.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a: incorrect. we are anchor tenants with 40 games per year guaranteed. all other teams using the grounds wont have the same rights as us.

b: dont honestly know about that, i thought the loot was the sweetner.

c: the ground will have a rovers clubhouse and signage. at the moment the plans are for green and white seats etc. i havent heard of any changes to that plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    We will be the MAIN tenants in the ground and we will have the right to have 40 matches there a year. Also we can build a bar out of own funds and keep all profits.

The SDCC have not yet decided on the finishing touches re colour of seats etc.

At the moment this is all paper talk.

KOH
    Sorry NY Hoop, the original stadium had planning permission to stage 40 games per year. That PP has since expired. Ypu can be sure that SDCC will seek to maximise the use of their stadium.

If and I stress if St Pats move to Tallaght they would have the same rights as any other club using the "municipal facility". While you have been promised a portion of land to build a club house who is to say any other club would not be afforded the same generosity.

Oh it's not all paper talk.

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry NY Hoop, the original stadium had planning permission to stage 40 games per year. That PP has since expired. Ypu can be sure that SDCC will seek to maximise the use of their stadium.
    that is not true. SDCC have since committed to this as terms of our tenancy. whatever your source is, its wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    that is not true. SDCC have since committed to this as terms of our tenancy. whatever your source is, its wrong.
    Have SRFC a signed tenancy agreement from SDCC in their hands?

Have SDCC full control of the lands yet?

Have SDCC finalised their plans for the site?

Have SDCC secured funding to finish the stadium?

My source is impeccable and always has been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have SRFC a signed tenancy agreement from SDCC in their hands?

Have SDCC full control of the lands yet?

Have SDCC finalised their plans for the site?

Have SDCC secured funding to finish the stadium?

My source is impeccable and always has been.
    the first 2 nothing is signed, but the agreements are in place.

the final 2, yes.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There are a lot more facts on foot.ie than most newspapers so just because a paper says this is true does not make it so.

Dublin eL clubs should get same funding as other eL sides. If prices are too expensive in the pale then have choice of building half a stadium or sharing a full stadium. Not fair that Dublin clubs get paid 10m to build expensive stadium when clubs outside the pale can do for a fraction fo that. Huge public money has been pumped into Tallaght & nothing to show for.

New 1500 seater stand in Turners Cross is costing approx 1m & that includes demolition so should follow that 6-8k seater stadium be easily done for €4-5m as would be savings doing all in one go.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    rovers will be the main tennant in tallaght and dont be suprised if after a few years they make an offer to buy the ground, the sdcc are doin their best to set the hoops up in a new home and make money off the back of it till rovers can stand on their own and buy it outright, just my opinion!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    There are a lot more facts on foot.ie than most newspapers so just because a paper says this is true does not make it so.

Dublin eL clubs should get same funding as other eL sides. If prices are too expensive in the pale then have choice of building half a stadium or sharing a full stadium. Not fair that Dublin clubs get paid 10m to build expensive stadium when clubs outside the pale can do for a fraction fo that. Huge public money has been pumped into Tallaght & nothing to show for.

New 1500 seater stand in Turners Cross is costing approx 1m & that includes demolition so should follow that 6-8k seater stadium be easily done for €4-5m as would be savings doing all in one go.
    pete, if, and i repeat if, the fai and government go ahead with groundsharing as a rule, it will only effect dublin clubs.

the mythical 10m figure is to buy clubs off.

would you accept sharing with cobh and no sweetner?

but what difference does it make to you how much we get in grants? if a stand costs x in dublin and y in the sticks, its still going to pay for the stand. i could understand it if you werent getting cash as a result, but you are. very naive to think that monaghan and tolka will cost the same to rebuild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    pete, if, and i repeat if, the fai and government go ahead with groundsharing as a rule, it will only effect dublin clubs.

the mythical 10m figure is to buy clubs off.

would you accept sharing with cobh and no sweetner?

but what difference does it make to you how much we get in grants? if a stand costs x in dublin and y in the sticks, its still going to pay for the stand. i could understand it if you werent getting cash as a result, but you are. very naive to think that monaghan and tolka will cost the same to rebuild.
    Monaghan doesnt need to be rebuilt.....just a few millions worth of improvements!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast