Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger on Tubridy Tonight

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trigger on Tubridy Tonight

Jason McAteer was on "Tubridy Tonight" on RTE just now. He talked about how the atmosphere in the Irish squad changed when Brian Kerr became manager. Kerr got rid of important backroom staff such as Mick Byrne and Tony Hickey. Trigger stopped short of saying that Kerr didn't have the support of the players. It would appear that Kerr tried to be too smart and changed the set-up too much. At least Stan willl understand how the set-up should work and hopefully he'll rectify the numerous errors made by Kerr.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Jason McAteer was on "Tubridy Tonight" on RTE just now. He talked about how the atmosphere in the Irish squad changed when Brian Kerr became manager. Kerr got rid of important backroom staff such as Mick Byrne and Tony Hickey. Trigger stopped short of saying that Kerr didn't have the support of the players. It would appear that Kerr tried to be too smart and changed the set-up too much. At least Stan willl understand how the set-up should work and hopefully he'll rectify the numerous errors made by Kerr.
    hopefully yeah ..was interesting to hear that about kerr... be good to get mick byrne back in ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    you mean jason made an intelligent comment!!??

sounds believable-you'd wonder who in the squad was telling him that...I believe he's good mates with steven reid...
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    funny how its all the "old boys" that are being interviewd and nobody that might have criticised Stanton and the FAI....and as for Tubridy what a t****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    i'm trying to think of the banned curse begin with the letter t....
    I

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Only saw a couple of minutes of it - I turned off after the "it all changed after Mick" shíte that he started on. If people like McAteer are upset about changes in the set up, you know it has to be a good thing. Too many of the old set up were just "one of the boys" instead of commanding respect of the players. The fact that one of the spice boys was put out shows that Kerr wasn't all bad.

btw I find it hard to believe that in a thread about McAteer that someone would struggle with a swear word beginning with t. Afterall he is a prize t***
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as_i_say
    i'm trying to think of the banned curse begin with the letter t....
    its t ool, but he is a two star tool hence the extra **.......?????????????

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    hopefully yeah ..was interesting to hear that about kerr... be good to get mick byrne back in ..
    I doubt Mick Byrne will be brought back, hes not a chartered physio which is probably why he was not kept on by Kerr. AFAIK they had to bring in a chartered physio to work along side him when some of the clubs queried this, insurance issues etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Only saw a couple of minutes of it - I turned off after the "it all changed after Mick" shíte that he started on. If people like McAteer are upset about changes in the set up, you know it has to be a good thing. Too many of the old set up were just "one of the boys" instead of commanding respect of the players. The fact that one of the spice boys was put out shows that Kerr wasn't all bad.

btw I find it hard to believe that in a thread about McAteer that someone would struggle with a swear word beginning with t. Afterall he is a prize t***
    Agree totally with what you say above. My sentimenys exactly...though you will probably get banned from the site now because we agree!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy
    I doubt Mick Byrne will be brought back, hes not a chartered physio which is probably why he was not kept on by Kerr. AFAIK they had to bring in a chartered physio to work along side him when some of the clubs queried this, insurance issues etc.
    good to see facts being quoted instead of hearsay... thanks for the info, did not know that at all. So it seems that Mick Byrne was not kicked out by Kerr after all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macdermesser
    good to see facts being quoted instead of hearsay... thanks for the info, did not know that at all. So it seems that Mick Byrne was not kicked out by Kerr after all.
    I guess its fair to say his services were not required by Kerr and it would have been financially unwise to keep him and another physio, especially since kerr brought in other guys like a massage therapist. In fairness to Mick I think his contribution went beyond his stated job and I'm sure he will be remembered for his positive contribution.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We had a chartered physio long befopre Kerr. McCarthy brought in Ciaran Murray at the start of his tenure. However, he kapt Mick Byrne there because he knew the important role that Mick played within the squad. Mick Byrne had the respect of every player, Roy Keane included. Kerr could have easily kept Mick Byrne on in that capacity. The fact that Kerr didn't shows that he tried to be too smart with the set-up. The only **** that should be mentioned on this thread is Kerr.

Regardless of what anyone says about McAteer, he was brave enough to put Keane in his place. And unlike Keane, McAteer didn't go on television spinning his PR-driven stories.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I think the banned word is the one correctly pointing out that Tubridy is a t.w.a.t!

Always kind of liked trigger and I think his comments about Mick Byrne were bang on!
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    782 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry
    funny how its all the "old boys" that are being interviewd and nobody that might have criticised Stanton and the FAI....and as for Tubridy what a t****
    So what are you saying? There is a conspiracy. The FAI has taken over RTE which is singing from its hymm sheet . I have heard plenty "old boys" criticising the Staunton appointment.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    We had a chartered physio long befopre Kerr. McCarthy brought in Ciaran Murray at the start of his tenure. However, he kapt Mick Byrne there because he knew the important role that Mick played within the squad. Mick Byrne had the respect of every player, Roy Keane included. Kerr could have easily kept Mick Byrne on in that capacity. The fact that Kerr didn't shows that he tried to be too smart with the set-up. The only **** that should be mentioned on this thread is Kerr.

Regardless of what anyone says about McAteer, he was brave enough to put Keane in his place. And unlike Keane, McAteer didn't go on television spinning his PR-driven stories.
    when exactly did he put him in his place?When he went down like a sack of spuds after keane "elbowed " him at roker park?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    So what are you saying? There is a conspiracy. The FAI has taken over RTE which is singing from its hymm sheet . I have heard plenty "old boys" criticising the Staunton appointment.
    well on prime time slots, such as Plank Kenny late late show and Adams Apple Tubridy tonight, its only been Sytaunton and that other dope

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    have ya? where?
    I havent heard one ex player come out against the appointment of staunton.
    have heard reservations voiced about Robsons role and thats it.
    why was macateer on? was he promoting a book or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    If the players need to have a glorified cheerleader/mascot to follow them around and inspire them then I suggest keeping a place for Gary Breen in the squad. If only for the song it would be a worthwhile move...
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

has "stan" brought back Mick Byrne? all managers like to work with their own backroom staff - its standard operating procedure, sure what next bring back charlie o leary?!?!?!?

honest to fck the excuses trotted out for the pathetic performances of the irish players get lamer by the day

awww they miss there lickle mick byrne....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    do you know anything about Irish football????
    Mick byrne singlehandedly got us an audience with the Pope in Italia 90. One of our finest performances in a world cup after the 0-0 hammering of Spain in 2002

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast