Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to wind up Accolade (Shels)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Cork City is nearly full pro and we dont have massive debts ... i'd say it isn't as rosie in the garden as some people would have you believe but we are a million miles away for this sort of caper. People give out about Lennox not spending but the fact is .... if you dont have it to spend then you cant do it, end of.

There is no reason what so ever why it cant be done properly.
    It just does to show that league titles can be won without overspending, and by running a tight ship. Cork City's title win is a victory for clubs that are run properly.

We won't buy a league title thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Cork City is nearly full pro and we dont have massive debts ... .... if you dont have it to spend then you cant do it, end of.

Hmmm, Face I wouldn't be so confident, all clubs have outstanding tax debts, some more than others, one or two even more than Shels some are in the postion of having already agreed repaywent schedules together with large lump sums, others are trying to pass the buck to old boards while the remainder have still to have the Revenue fully assess their liabilities...

No one is out of the woods yet..................fact!
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Should we all just give up and go amateur then? I mean what is the answer
    To be honest - the answer might well be 'yes' !

This isn't short-sightedness or a lack of ambition. The cold hard reality of Irish football currently is that bar one or two clubs, the income just isn't there to have full-time set-ups. Clubs can ignore this fact and continue pursuing the dream of professionalism regardless of the cost - but sooner or later the bills have to be paid, and if the money isn't there to pay them then it's obvious what will happen !

Going amateur may be the ONLY sensible, viable option for the vast majority of our clubs, until such a time as there is more money in the game. Professionalism is only the holy grail if you can afford it. You cannot ignore the harsh financial realities of Irish football....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc
    Hmmm, Face I wouldn't be so confident, all clubs have outstanding tax debts, some more than others, one or two even more than Shels some are in the postion of having already agreed repaywent schedules together with large lump sums, others are trying to pass the buck to old boards while the remainder have still to have the Revenue fully assess their liabilities...
    Are clubs paying too much taxes, seriously, are they?

To explain, because clubs bring intangible benefits to the community they are in, shouldn't there be some sort of tax break for them.
    Last edited by A face; 17/03/2006 at 5:30 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Face

I suggest you read the posts not just look at the words

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Face

I suggest you read the posts not just look at the words
    Ha ha .... seriously though, no other sporting club in this country seems to have the same problems we do or at least we never hear about it anyway. I know it sounds mad asking it but in my opinion sports clubs should get a small bit of leighway on the tax side of things. AFAIK, not fully up to speed on this but dont some English professional sportmen (and women) get tax breaks on what they earn. Clubs should get the same to a degree ..... i know this is a totally different thread and i aint the best one to start it, not being an accountant n'all but its worth looking at.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The problem with the likes of shels oversponding by such huge sums is it puts pressure on the rest of the league and causes all wages to rise.

Surely shels should be stopped from signing more players when in such debt? Any remember shels pleading the poor mouth after the floods only to sign Jason Byrne for league record...

Longford got fined for an incorrect address for club licencing & some other un known sanctions. Rovers lost 8 points when ther company folded. Shels got a club licence dispite large dents to the tax man, continued to sign more players & then were unable to stick to the agreement they got their licence baded on. What will happen to the FAIs darling club shels now?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    The problem with the likes of shels oversponding by such huge sums is it puts pressure on the rest of the league and causes all wages to rise.
    That actually is a very valid point ... i know that some of our players tried to hold the club to ransom to try and get more money, and obviously thats fine. They will always try and get the best deal. But with Shels race to the top, it gave players a bit of leverage, bargaining power if you will and put pressure on everyone else ..... and all the while Shels weren't in any sort of a position to behave the way they did.

Its not good for anyone, clubs, players ... i mean just look at Liam Kearney for example. All the hassle with him and he then went to Shels thinking all his prayers were answered, if Shels fold .... where is he left then, out on his ear ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    The 6.01 news in on now lads ... AFAIK Shels are one of the headlines.

Edit: Mentioned on TV3 news AFAIK
    Last edited by A face; 18/03/2006 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Your paying too bloody little - northern clubs (e.g. City) have to pay tax on our gate receipts as well, whilst ROI sports clubs don't !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    Your paying too bloody little - northern clubs (e.g. City) have to pay tax on our gate receipts as well, whilst ROI sports clubs don't !
    But in general, sporting organisation and clubs should be given some sort of break. They should not be in the same bracket as normal business imo (is that the case?) .... it just seems logical to question that side of it in debate, obviously Shels are way out of order here but there is no harm in actually looking at that situation, the cause and effect if you will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    all clubs have outstanding tax debts,
    Not every club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That actually is a very valid point ... i know that some of our players tried to hold the club to ransom to try and get more money, and obviously thats fine. They will always try and get the best deal. But with Shels race to the top, it gave players a bit of leverage, bargaining power if you will and put pressure on everyone else ..... and all the while Shels weren't in any sort of a position to behave the way they did.

Its not good for anyone, clubs, players ... i mean just look at Liam Kearney for example. All the hassle with him and he then went to Shels thinking all his prayers were answered, if Shels fold .... where is he left then, out on his ear ??
    This is the crux of it.
    I have to say that I don't take any pleasure in this. Genuine Shels fans must be devastated.
    But Shels management clearly were reckless when they used financial muscle to build their squad to a size completely out of proportion with the rest of the LoI. Added to that the malicious, spiteful way in which they went about breaking up a winning Bohs team, and it's hard to find any sympathy for those who run the club.
    Maybe it's time for some fan power at Shels. Supporters who aren't in the current management's pocket should try to attend the application hearing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley
    Maybe it's time for some fan power at Shels. Supporters who aren't in the current management's pocket should try to attend the application hearing.
    Regardless of what has happened here, i think that this is always a good thing and is a benefit to any club. You might think that directors of a club dont like the idea, but in truth if the directors are well intended and want the club to progress then they should welcome it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Found this on Shels' MB, it shows how deluded some of their fans are

Pizzapie

If Accolade is to be wound up, surely that does not necessarilly mean that Shelbourne FC will automatically have to be taken down with it? The way i see it, Accolade is some sort of "holding company", with Shelbourne FC being another seperate company, but owned fully by Accolade, and is in fact a completely seperate brand.
    Surely the Shelboune FC business can then (and even now) be bought or taken over by another company, and continue to trade as Shelbourne FC, without any need to lose any of our long history and heritage, nor lose our real name?
    To avoid the winding up of Accolade, and the embarrasment of complete bankruptcy for its major shareholders, cant they sell off some of their assets, namely Shelbourne FC to cover the debt?
    And were this to ever happen, isnt it possible that this could actually be in the clubs best interest and overall to Shelbourne FC`s advantage??

Bohs til I die reply

Once the petition is served, Accolade Ltd, trading as Shelbourne FC must pay that debt. You cannot transfer the debt to another company. Tthe debt is built up by Accolade as a result of Shelbourne's financial activities therefore must be resolved that way. Shels attained a licence on the basis of Accolade being tax compliant. To remove Shels from Accolade would mean Shels being removed from the league because Accolade hold the licence.

And Pizzapies head in the sand gets buried deeper with this

Dont be ridiculous!! Accolade are a company, not a football club! Only the Shelbourne FC part of the business are the only ones capable of holding any sort of UEFA licence!! Thats like saying that McDonalds can hold a UEFA licence... or to make it easier for you to understand, Des Kelly Carpets. They cant. They are not football teams.
    I didnt say nor imply that the debt be transferred to another company. Read what i wrote again. I suggested that Accolade should sell off their asset, namely Shelboune FC to cover their debt. And Shelbourne FC would then have new owners, thus getting rid of the rot that has set in at management level. Everyone could then be happy.... well, with maybe the exception of Ollie. Who i care very little about. But even he would then be debt free.
    Anyway, there will be a new league structure from next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Anyway, there will be a new league structure from next year
    Thats kinda scary alright but he is only a fan (thank f**k)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Is one of the criteria of the club licence a valid tax clearance cert? Why did the FAI fudge theis to give shels get a licence...?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Is one of the criteria of the club licence a valid tax clearance cert? Why did the FAI fudge theis to give shels get a licence...?

Shels were awarded a TCC on December 30th after reaching agreement on a repayment plan with the Revenue. They broke the agreement and the revenue issued the winding up order. I reckon there has been a series of repayment plan breaches for the revenue to go down this road based on what I know from what has happened at Bohs.

Shels fans are seriously deluded over this. Ollie could just walk away in an instant if the going gets too tough and leave Shels in limbo, yet they continue to accuse other clubs of being jealous.

Bohs may not be run perfectly but the members do have a huge insight into the club, its finances and the general running of the club. We are able to have a say in the future of our club/ground [the groundshare for example] and we get annual accounts.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bohs have had a pretty miserable couple of seasons, compared with the turn of the centrury and the trophies that came thier way, as bad as their finances are they have been able to do the deals, keep the revenue from the door and put a side on the pitch that wont sink the ship, tightened belts, curtailed squads, lost/sold assets....Shels it seems have put all their eggs in the "winning" basket, I wonder had they beaten Linfield mid week would any of this have come to light?? that 200K will be severly missed now.

whoever Pizzapie is he is seriously deluded, Accolade hold Shelbournes league licence, if they are wound up, then shelbourne depart the Eircom league at the drop of a judges hammer. <- thats a fullstop btw.

Rovers went into voluntary examinership and on the other end convinced a judge (a self proclaimed Bohs fan, I was in the court) we were a going concern. The revenue are seeking the liquidation of Accolade and all its assets - ie Shelbourne FC limited.

Right now Ollie as 99% shareholder has 15 days to find 300K plus and hope no other creditors turn up and add their debts to the judges list.

I'd hate to see SFC go to the wall forever, for the fans,for the history, but I'd love to see the end of OC and his bully boy histrionics dispatched from "our" league - how can both of those aspirations be made happen,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Lads - want to chuck €10 in each to get a big banner done to take to all future games against Shels?

50 foot long with the word "Ju$tic€" in 6 foot high letters?
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast