Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did he say?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Something about him being the son of a whore and a terrorist I believe.
    It got the response it deserved in my opinion, the sending off had no
    effect on the game.
    It's funny how the penalty France missed was similar to the one he scored.
    both off the cross bar, his was marginally in, the other marginally out.
    The difference in height must be millimetres, I must work it out sometime...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Reminds me of an old Burt Reynolds movie (recently remade) in which the convicts had to play American football against the screws. Initially Burt wasn't having it, at which point the warden accused him of cowardice. Burt responded "What's next, you're gonna say something bad about my mother?"

I mean seriously lads, I'm not jumping on the "I've never seen anything as violent in my life" bandwagon (it wasn't that big a deal), but can we drop the whole "if he said something about Zidane's ma, that justifies everything" bit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    According to football365, according to Materazzi's agent :

Materazzi's agent has also reportedly offered his own unique account
    of the verbal exchange, claiming that Zidane offered to swap shirts later
    and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    According to football365, according to Materazzi's agent :

Materazzi's agent has also reportedly offered his own unique account
    of the verbal exchange, claiming that Zidane offered to swap shirts later
    and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."
    365 also has this article which sums up the media response well:

http://www.worldcup365.com/story/0,1...326210,00.html

ZIDANE INSULTS VARIED

Posted 11/07/06 07:57

The credibility of the lip-reading profession is in tatters this morning after at least five lip-readers provided Fleet Street's newspapers with wildly different accounts of what Marco Materazzi said to Zinedine Zidane during the World Cup final.

With neither player willing to publicly reveal what was said during their lengthy exchange before the France captain planted his head into the Italian's chest, the papers have called on lip-readers to reveal how Zidane was provoked.

Something, though, appears to have been lost in the various translations.

The Sun's lip-reader, for instance, claims that Materazzi called Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore".

Just to cover all bases, the newspaper also cites 'a source close to the Italian squad claiming that after twisting Zidane's nipple, Materazzi asked him: "What, don't you like it?" The French captain replied: "A bit too hard to turn me on." But Materazzi shouted: "Well, I did it that way because I know that's how your mother likes it."'

Not so, according to The Guardian. Their lip-reader claims that the charming Materazzi said, "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family," and then told Zidane to "go f**k yourself".

The Independent's lip-reader has a slightly different interpretation as well. 'It is alleged that Zidane responded by sarcastically telling Materazzi that he could have his shirt as a souvenir at the end of the match,' the newspaper reports. 'The Italian is alleged to have responded by saying that Zidane could keep it for his sister and then made an extremely derogatory comment about her. That version is backed up by lip-readers from the Brazilian TV channel Globo. They claim Materazzi called her a "prostitute".

Little wonder that there is such confusion when the exchange between an Italian and a French-Algerian is being translated into English via Brazil.

As for The Daily Mirror, their frontpage informs readers that 'The furious French captain attacked Marco Materazzi after the defender allegedly sneered: "All Muslims are terrorist b*****s."

'And sources claim the Italian even branded Zidane's Algerian mum Malika "a whore".'

As if that wasn't quite enough explanations to sate your curiosity, The Daily Mail reports that 'Materazzi had insulted the memory of one of Zidane's closest confidants and former coaches, Jean Varraud. The former AS Cannes coach died of cancer shortly before the tournament.'

Nor is there a consensus in Italy or France over what was said.

A number of Italian newspapers claim that Zidane insulted Materazzi's mother, with the former Everton defender saying that the Frenchman "made love to his sister".

However, Materazzi's agent has also reportedly offered his own unique account of the verbal exchange, claiming that Zidane offered to swap shirts later and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."

A statement from the Paris-based racism group SOS Racism had earlier insisted that Materazzi called Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'.

In his only public comment so far since Sunday's final, Materazzi denied the accusation, telling Italian news agency Ansa: "It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I'm ignorant - I don't even know what the word means."

Pointedly, he refused to reveal exactly what he did say, however.

Zidane's first public comments in almost a month - he refused to speak to the press after their heavy criticism of France's performance against Switzerland - are expected by the end of the week.
    Proff that at least some of the lipreading "experts" are full of sh!t - and they use these guys to convict people!
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he called him zinedine kilbane , thats enough to drive anyone wild
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMilla
    he called him zinedine kilbane , thats enough to drive anyone wild
    Post of the month right here.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well to paraphrase the Ramones " Zizou Is A Headbanger Ooh Ooh Ee!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Materazzi dedicated the goal against France (see pic) to his mother Anna who died when he was a child. Materazzi gave the same name to his only daughter too. It seems stange he would insult someone else's mother like that.
    Last edited by Sandro; 19/12/2006 at 4:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12