Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: FAO promotions officer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FAO promotions officer

before reading this post i just wanna let ye nkow that im not having a go at Paul Reidy or any member of the club..

i think that the attendances for the past few years have been pretty poor and i feel the club has done absolutly nothing to address this fact. the club should pull up its socks and get in on ground level by promting the club, i feel that the offer of free kids entertainement is a very good policy and it may attract adults to games with their kids which is good but i feel that the club should not be trying to fill the ground up with fanta filled little ****ers as tommy tiernan would say. i know peple are going to say that these fans are the future of the club but future fans are not as vocal, visible and financially rewarding to the club as current fans. would you prefer a face painted 6 year old with his friends at a game or a 25 yr old fella with his frinds at a game? if i was thinking purely from a business point of view that the older lads would be a better attendee at a game for the club as they would spend more money.

it a good thing to see signs that are going up at some limited locations around town at the moment. but these hand written signs are an absolute discrase from a professional point of view. i appriciate that signs are expensive to get from printers but new signs are urgent as if we are to attract new fans we need to show or at least pretend we are a professional clu, a sign is the first point of contact with fans in many cases and first impressions count. ill design a simple one and post it up later.

why does the club not target the male audience from 18-30? there are hundreds of men in this age range in the town and i know that many of these pay hundreds of euros to goo see man u or liverpool several times a year and would probably never ever consider going to ramblers games. why u ask, because the standard is **** and that sure wanders would beat them would probably answer. we have got to change this perception of EL football in the town. this can be done by advertising the club in areas that these fans will see them. PUBS CLUBS GYM.

small leaflets should be distributed in all these lovations weekly or bi weekly detailing games on one side and news on the other or possible player profiles to boost the awareness of individual players on the back. or if the club want to be really cute about this they could produce say 1000 postcard sized information leafets with details of the games on one side and place an advert of a sponser on the otherside. now what company in the world wouldnt want a 1000 leaflets with there company logo on them disrtibuted around cobh??????? the ad would fund the printing costs
    WIN WIN Sceanario THERE IS NO REASON THE CLUB SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS. maybe the flyer could also offer the person a reduced entrance rate. 15 euro is a bit steep for a game and many people i have talked to will not pay thsi to see a EL game.

if somebosy says but we need people to distrubute these flyers and we dont have enuf people to do this there are not thinking about existing systems that already in place, these being the ticket collevtors that go around to every pub in towns at weekends doing the lotto. give the flyers to them!!! joe devlin in particular!! make him drop 50 of the small leaflets and 2 or 3 a4 or larger posters in each pub, gym and the com! pay him for if he wants 50 euro to this would be grand as if the ads bring 10 fans to the game thats 150 euro. place ads over the urinals in jacks! when ur doing ur business theres only one place to look, staright ahead! take advantage of this.

as a summary i think the offers that the club is putting out for kids is good but why is the emphasis on kids? why is the promotion of the club not focused on older people? males aged 18-30 are the best people to have at games. theyll pay 15 euro in have 1 int or two and if they like it theyll come back at their own free will. a 6 yr old will go to a game get his face painted, buy a feww sweets and have a great time but he ll only come back if daddy can go to the next game!

we have to work with what we have.. and what we have is a unique product in the form of Live footbal.

plus we should be advertising heavily in the new estates in the town as many of the new people that move to the town are first time buyers hence they are young and new to the town and ramblers have to bridge the gap for them to become a member of the community. going to a ramblers game might help them and would probably be appealing to them instead ofgoing to the pub.

we also need to advertise in east cork many of these places have fans that see them selves as city fans!!!!! why i dont know but have posters made for these places advertsing YOUR LOCAL EIRCOM LEAGUE CLUB. as we are nearer than city. do we have any players from midleton or yougahl or in between? if we do use there face or name!! it might be drastic but do as the premier league clubs are doing they buy chinese fella to tap into the market why not signa midelteon man for ramblers? midleton is a huge town and we need to tap into this potential fan base!

sorry for the long post but i just ha to make some suggestions thankks for reading now reply and let your points be heard.

im not having a go at u paul reaidy just giving u some ideas, also there is no point coming in here saying come to games and get behind the team! all of us here are fanatics we go to games all the time! its a bit like advertising for an event at the event, totally pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    before reading this post i just wanna let ye nkow that im not having a go at Paul Reidy or any member of the club..

i think that the attendances for the past few years have been pretty poor and i feel the club has done absolutly nothing to address this fact. the club should pull up its socks and get in on ground level by promting the club, i feel that the offer of free kids entertainement is a very good policy and it may attract adults to games with their kids which is good but i feel that the club should not be trying to fill the ground up with fanta filled little ****ers as tommy tiernan would say. i know peple are going to say that these fans are the future of the club but future fans are not as vocal, visible and financially rewarding to the club as current fans. would you prefer a face painted 6 year old with his friends at a game or a 25 yr old fella with his frinds at a game? if i was thinking purely from a business point of view that the older lads would be a better attendee at a game for the club as they would spend more money.

it a good thing to see signs that are going up at some limited locations around town at the moment. but these hand written signs are an absolute discrase from a professional point of view. i appriciate that signs are expensive to get from printers but new signs are urgent as if we are to attract new fans we need to show or at least pretend we are a professional clu, a sign is the first point of contact with fans in many cases and first impressions count. ill design a simple one and post it up later.

why does the club not target the male audience from 18-30? there are hundreds of men in this age range in the town and i know that many of these pay hundreds of euros to goo see man u or liverpool several times a year and would probably never ever consider going to ramblers games. why u ask, because the standard is **** and that sure wanders would beat them would probably answer. we have got to change this perception of EL football in the town. this can be done by advertising the club in areas that these fans will see them. PUBS CLUBS GYM.

small leaflets should be distributed in all these lovations weekly or bi weekly detailing games on one side and news on the other or possible player profiles to boost the awareness of individual players on the back. or if the club want to be really cute about this they could produce say 1000 postcard sized information leafets with details of the games on one side and place an advert of a sponser on the otherside. now what company in the world wouldnt want a 1000 leaflets with there company logo on them disrtibuted around cobh??????? the ad would fund the printing costs
    WIN WIN Sceanario THERE IS NO REASON THE CLUB SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS. maybe the flyer could also offer the person a reduced entrance rate. 15 euro is a bit steep for a game and many people i have talked to will not pay thsi to see a EL game.

if somebosy says but we need people to distrubute these flyers and we dont have enuf people to do this there are not thinking about existing systems that already in place, these being the ticket collevtors that go around to every pub in towns at weekends doing the lotto. give the flyers to them!!! joe devlin in particular!! make him drop 50 of the small leaflets and 2 or 3 a4 or larger posters in each pub, gym and the com! pay him for if he wants 50 euro to this would be grand as if the ads bring 10 fans to the game thats 150 euro. place ads over the urinals in jacks! when ur doing ur business theres only one place to look, staright ahead! take advantage of this.

as a summary i think the offers that the club is putting out for kids is good but why is the emphasis on kids? why is the promotion of the club not focused on older people? males aged 18-30 are the best people to have at games. theyll pay 15 euro in have 1 int or two and if they like it theyll come back at their own free will. a 6 yr old will go to a game get his face painted, buy a feww sweets and have a great time but he ll only come back if daddy can go to the next game!

we have to work with what we have.. and what we have is a unique product in the form of Live footbal.

plus we should be advertising heavily in the new estates in the town as many of the new people that move to the town are first time buyers hence they are young and new to the town and ramblers have to bridge the gap for them to become a member of the community. going to a ramblers game might help them and would probably be appealing to them instead ofgoing to the pub.

we also need to advertise in east cork many of these places have fans that see them selves as city fans!!!!! why i dont know but have posters made for these places advertsing YOUR LOCAL EIRCOM LEAGUE CLUB. as we are nearer than city. do we have any players from midleton or yougahl or in between? if we do use there face or name!! it might be drastic but do as the premier league clubs are doing they buy chinese fella to tap into the market why not signa midelteon man for ramblers? midleton is a huge town and we need to tap into this potential fan base!

sorry for the long post but i just ha to make some suggestions thankks for reading now reply and let your points be heard.

im not having a go at u paul reaidy just giving u some ideas, also there is no point coming in here saying come to games and get behind the team! all of us here are fanatics we go to games all the time! its a bit like advertising for an event at the event, totally pointless.
    thats all well in good saying that but its alot harder to get adults to games than kids and thats a facvt. half the population of cobh would prefer to be in 100s of different places than St.Colmans park on a friday and not much but Premier league football will change that. as for paul reidy, i know you didnt mouth him off or anything Mojopin but i think that he is doing a good job at least you can see although its very early days that things are being done and were improving slightly. although i did see an add for our game against kilkenny and next to it on the left it said kiddies entertainment and on the right of the fixture it said clowns!! ha. what was being implied there.?
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id rather be anywhere else than ramblers on a friday aswel ha ha as for saturday thats a different matter.

i know its harder to get adults to come to games thats what my whole post was about! we need to adopt an aggressive marketing campaign in the town aimed at getting real people to games. not that kids arent real people but you know what i mean.

its a bit of a contradiction as it was my randa who brought me to my first ramberls game when i was a yng lad and ive been coming ever since. so we do need kids at games but all the advertising of games is aimed all at kids well adult who have kids we need to tap into oter peopke aswel like.

i saw a poster the other day that had rams v shels on it underneath it had FREE written in big letters and underneath it it had kids entertainment at a glance it looked like the ad was implying free entrance.

clowns was on that ad becuase it was referring to the clowns of shelbourne who managed to win the league but end up in the first division.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It must be nearly seven or eight years since i have gone to see ramblers play a league game and i must say i cant see anything that would make me want to go back and see them now.why ? a number of reasons,one is the standard.
    back ten years ago the munster senior league was a better quality than the 1st division is now so i think the standard is gone backwards.There is probably 4 to 6 proper teams between the two divisions.who is interested in the first division.who wants to go and see kilkenny(a hurling county)monaghan? kildare?athlone?for 15euro you can see cork city v derry,drogheda,pats etc the same price it costs to see ramblers.I have gone to cork city matches and seen probably as many cobh people at them as a ramblers game though a lot go to both teams matches.Turners cross is a nice place to go and see a match and hopefully the new stand in ramblers will help in some reguard.I think the media plays a lot on peoples minds aswell by giving cork city for example a bigger profile,we all know about roy o donavon,john flynn,mike devine,joe gamble etc.every night you can read about cork city in the papers and the kids know who they are.Its city against town and premier against first so it is hard to compete when you think of the target base for ramblers to break into.If i was to go to ramblers tonight and cork city tomorrow the difference would be huge.The difference in standard(not in a one off match)crowd,atmosphere,stadium,occasion and value for money.I dont think ramblers can offer anything like that at the moment or if they ever will certainly not while in the first division.So i am one person that would like to be convinced that a trip to see ramblers play would be good.
    Wouldnt it be better having 2000 people paying 8euro (16000) than 400 paying 15euro (6000) maybe its time ramblers told the fai its wants to try this for a few matches to see would it work.give out free tickets in the schools to kids who can get in free with an adult.raffles in schools for club merchandise.penalty competions at half time for classes(parents would come).
    play a schoolboy match before hand.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=cmcd;668971]It must be nearly seven or eight years since i have gone to see ramblers play a league game and i must say i cant see anything that would make me want to go back and see them now.why ? a number of reasons,one is the standard.
    back ten years ago the munster senior league was a better quality than the 1st division is now so i think the standard is gone backwards.

how eould u know the standard is bad if you havent gone?

ramblers are one of the best footballing sides in all of the eircom league. if feel very navie writing that but many managers in the league state that cobh are one of the best footballing sides in the league.

your also complaining bout playing sides like kilkenny etc. why not come saturday and see rams playing the league champions...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was only giving some of my thoughts i was not having a go at anybody or anything but seeing as you picked up on some of my points i will reply to you.I didnt say i havent seen ramblers play because i have just not in the league(read before you jump)and secondly if ramblers are one of the best footballing teams in the league why are they in the first division!I would think if they were that good they could get out of a league that contains some rather bad teams and i would rather see a team that will win the league than a team play lovely football and win nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lots of good points above and Mojo , Fair do's to ya for spending that long writing a post. ...you have to be one of the select band of 200 who go to support the Rams rain hail or snow...If more people like yerself got involved what a fabulous club we would have. Hopefully if you are not involved some way already that you would consider becoming involved and helping Paul implement some of the ideas above, lots of them excellent

Small addition to the above. How about giving a free ticket as you come in the turnstile and a fan count and if we get a home gate above 500 have a free draw for €500 for all in the ground or if we get above 1000 then give out €1000. Work the maths if this even brought in an extra 40- 50 fans then it would pay fro itself and imagine going to a Rams game and coming home €500 or €1000 up.... and seeing good quality live football also. Do you not think with people winning every week that its an extra incentive to go and word would get around fairly quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    I was only giving some of my thoughts i was not having a go at anybody or anything but seeing as you picked up on some of my points i will reply to you.I didnt say i havent seen ramblers play because i have just not in the league(read before you jump)and secondly if ramblers are one of the best footballing teams in the league why are they in the first division!I would think if they were that good they could get out of a league that contains some rather bad teams and i would rather see a team that will win the league than a team play lovely football and win nothing.
    I can't see how you can critisize the football of Ramblers so much. The first division is a tough, tough division to get out of. Ramblers have been playing very attractive football for the past few years and have come very close to promotion a few times. Not only are there a lot of Cobh people watching City but there are also a lot of City fans I know who travel to Cobh as it is alot more exciting to watch. I know the atmostphere needs to be boosted but the club are making efforts on this. Local people supporting their own would help this! Rams v Shels will be a great game. Come along for yourself and I bet you will be pleasently suprised
    As for just watching a team that wins trophy's but plays boring football it makes me wonder what you think the meaning of a supporter is! It's the ups and the downs that make it so passionate.
    Last edited by The Rebel Ram; 21/04/2007 at 9:44 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think the point that hs to be is simply that peopke should come to a game because they would be surprised at the way rams play. i admit premiership footbal is a thousand times more appealing to people but its not that much better than people believe. go watch watford v wigan and tell me it is 20 times better than wtaching city v derry..