Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to wind up: Cork City Investment FC Ltd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I think that is a reasonable assessment. Itsd all very complicated. Hopefully it is a case of the club unwilling to pay the money as it disagrees with the liability as opposed to being unable to pay the money.
    Cork wouldn't want to be too pushy about it.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There are no complications. Cork City can have no dispute with the examiner as the examinership was subject to the ruling of the High Court. And that's all done and dusted.
    FORAS: wake up! Step in and talk to the Revenue Commissioners.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Back page of todays Indo

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...l-1738327.html

Cork City plunged into turmoil
    Thursday May 14 2009

CORK CITY Football Club has been plunged into turmoil after a court petition to wind up its holding company was filed by the Revenue Commissioners yesterday. Revenue Collector General Gerry Harrahill filed a petition for the insolvency of Cork City Investment FC Ltd, which will be heard in court on May 25. If the court rules in favour of the Revenue's petition, Cork City will enter the process of liquidation on the day of the hearing, so the club's trip to Bray Wanderers on Friday week could prove the final game of their existence. It is the second time in seven months that the Cork club will face the possibility of extinction in court after they made it through examinership last October, with current owner Tom Coughlan having stepped in to take over the company.

Statement

The club last night issued a statement with regard to the situation, stating that their "legal and financial advisers intend to meet with the Revenue as a matter of urgency in order to come to an agreement with regard to our current tax liabilities. "While the first team is currently enjoying an excellent run and is now joint top of the League of Ireland Premier Division, the current economic conditions have meant that the goals set by the club off the field are taking longer to achieve than was originally foreseen," the statement continued. "While income levels have proved to be less than were originally projected, the club is working hard to address this shortfall." Coincidentally, another petition was also filed yesterday to wind up Danninger Ltd, the company which was due to purchase Bohemians' Dalymount Park and build them a new stadium in Harristown on the outskirts of Dublin.

- Neil Ahern
    Last edited by A face; 14/05/2009 at 8:27 AM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4ireland View Post
    I'm not optimistic. If we fold it's our own fault no one else's. I wonder if the fai had demoted us during the off season like they should have would we have as much financial problems? Surely it would have been easier to pay staff if nothing else had that happened
    There was a points deduction table for giong into examinership. I think about the only certain thing in this case is that Cork won't be going into examinership again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'll sign it too!!

Ah seriously though, I know I'll probably be accused of either being a bit over simplistic or stating the bleedin' obvious but without really knowing the ins and outs of it, Cork's problems over the last few years (in common with several other clubs I might add) seem to be mainly down to mismanagement on the business side of things.

It's hard to understand otherwise how a club that has always had one of the biggest and most passionate followings in the League and is the only show in town soccerwise in a city like Cork always seems to be in some sort of difficulty off the field. That being said, I hope City come through this latest crisis because I've always liked the brand of football they try to play and the League needs a strong Cork team to balance it out.
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo Red View Post
    the League needs a strong Cork team to balance it out.
    Nooooo!!!!!

45 posts without someone saying that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    In the accounts that were leaked a while back, did it not show €1m from Danninger? And was this payment not made again this season? I'm not posting this in an arsey way, but that's what I have gleaned from the stuff I've seen.

With regards to the option to buy, why were Bohs fans running about when the deal was announced as if they had won the Lotto?
    A payment was due this year, but, thanks to the court case, wasn't, and won't, be made.
    With regard to the second question....... I wasn't one of them - I think a lot of people, helped by the board, assumed this was a done deal, long before it ever actually was.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!

45 posts without someone saying that!
    My bad......but ye can't have it all in Dublin!!
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Coughlan is a spoofer.

The examiner is charged with, amongst other things, presenting an accurate statement of the company's finances to prospective investors.

Coughlan is alleging this wasn't the case as there were undiscovered liabilities. If he's right he can take action against the examiner and has a clear case.

But he hasn't. Why? Cause he's a spoofer. No good could come of a man who was so into his football he floated the idea of Billy Morgan taking over.

Time for FORAS to step in.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Coughlan is a spoofer.

The examiner is charged with, amongst other things, presenting an accurate statement of the company's finances to prospective investors.

Coughlan is alleging this wasn't the case as there were undiscovered liabilities. If he's right he can take action against the examiner and has a clear case.
    Furthermore surely Coughlan would have double checked everything before comitting to buy the club?

But he hasn't. Why? Cause he's a spoofer. No good could come of a man who was so into his football he floated the idea of Billy Morgan taking over.
    And asked a City legend and now tv pundit if he thought Roy Keane would be interested in the job . Not sure if this was before or after Billy Morgan turned him down

Time for FORAS to step in.
    Possibily but if Cork City Investments is wound up it'll be too late. The club will cease to exist immediately.
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    There might be a bit more sympathy for City if they'd come out of examinership and cut their cloth. Instead they sign a chequebook manager, Kudozovic etc

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Who will replace Cork in the Setanta cup if they where to cease to exist?
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    Who will replace Cork in the Setanta cup if they where to cease to exist?
    Excellent question.
    Steve, I know you think you're helping by that isn't a priority just at the moment.

Other things to course my mind.
    Run FORAS Run!

and there is a chance the hearing on the 25th of May will be deferred for a decision at a later date. But that won't be my decision.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    How much does Cork owe?
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    http://corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action...headlineID=929

The full text of the statement:
    Club Statement

Cork City Football Club wish to confirm that the club is currently in negotiation with the Revenue regarding the club’s tax liabilities.

When the club emerged from Examinership, a settlement was reached with Revenue. Additional tax liabilities subsequently emerged which result from the club’s previous ownership, and the club is currently addressing this matter with Revenue in a bid to bring the issue to a swift and successful conclusion. The fact that these liabilities have arisen subsequent to the Examinership is an issue which the club intends to pursue with the Examiners. The club’s legal and financial advisers intend to meet with the Revenue as a matter of urgency in order to come to an agreement with regard to our current tax liabilities.

Having successfully emerged from the Examinership, Cork City Football Club has embarked on a rebuilding programme in order to create a sustainable club which is grounded in the community and is capable of achieving success on and off the pitch. While the first team is currently enjoying an excellent run and is now joint top of the League of Ireland Premier Division, the current economic conditions have meant that the goals set by the club off the field are taking longer to achieve than was originally foreseen.

While income levels have proved to be less than were originally projected, the club is working hard to address this shortfall. Cork City Football Club is this year celebrating its 25th anniversary, and the club is working hard at every level to build a sustainable, successful club of which Cork city and county can be proud. This Friday night, Cork City FC face Derry City at Turner’s Cross in a top of the table clash, where the passion and commitment of the Rebel Army will once again be on show. Cork City Football Club is confident that any short-term problems affecting the club will be overcome as a result of the determination and ability of the club and its supporters, and that a bright and successful future lies ahead for the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Adam,

I know Cork people think they are special and it may shock you, but the rest of the country have also learnt to read at this stage. Therefore underlining sections of the statement is completely unnecessary.

The analysis of the situation presented by several posters on this thread already still stands, irrespective of your underlining.....Sure email that into Revenue, I am sure they will dismiss the petition on the basis of your Ctrl+U work
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    Adam,

I know Cork people think they are special and it may shock you, but the rest of the country have also learnt to read at this stage. Therefore underlining sections of the statement is completely unnecessary.

The analysis of the situation presented by several posters on this thread already still stands, irrespective of your underlining.....Sure email that into Revenue, I am sure they will dismiss the petition on the basis of your Ctrl+U work
    And the exact same points have already been isolated from the statement.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Lord View Post
    There are no complications. Cork City can have no dispute with the examiner as the examinership was subject to the ruling of the High Court.
    That's simply not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Lord View Post
    FORAS: wake up! Step in and talk to the Revenue Commissioners.
    And do what? We dont have anywhere near the amount that is owed, we have no stake in the company, and if the company goes bust mid season CCFC is gone, there is no option of us taking over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    And do what? We dont have anywhere near the amount that is owed, we have no stake in the company, and if the company goes bust mid season CCFC is gone, there is no option of us taking over.
    How much is owed?
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    How much is owed?
    I dont have an exact figure but am pretty sure its a lot more than the 60-odd thousand we have at the moment.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast