Thread: fr wishy washys el confessions/promises

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

fr wishy washys el confessions/promises

statement from fr wishy washys press office
    :while many of you my people, will freely admit to being lapsed catholics or whatever religion you are. fr wishy washy has taken the brave decision to come out of the closet and admit to you all that he is in fact a lapsed e/l league goer.

the good father has made a solemn promise to try to visit as many different e/l grounds in the forthcomming season as is physically possible.he will attend both premier and 1 st division games equally.he has also promised after each game to post here a completely unbiased comment on the games he attends and to also tell you all what he thinks of your ground/players/supporters/bar facilities etc.

feel free if you have any suggestions(that are not abusive )to enhance both his visits to your grounds and your exposure to the great man.

pp fr wishy washy(he wishes you all well )

ps (his first visit was going to be milltown until we informed him about the situation there)
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 17/02/2004 at 2:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As a loyal Roman Catholic I dont think I will honour myself with your presence Mucker
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    if you go to flancare avoid section O, a very strange group of people indeed and just aviod sligo in general its a kip.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

TheRealRovers
    Originally posted by max power
    just aviod sligo in general its a kip.
    A bit like Longford so?

ramblers04
    ha ha do ya remember the time a fight broke out between ramblers and sligo fans up at yer place??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best stay away from The Brandywell right enough.....It's not safe apparently

Oh hold on, if the good Father is'nt a Muck Savage he should be alright. Civilised people have been coming here for Years with no bother........
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

ramblers04
    brilliant atmosphere there!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by TheRealRovers
    A bit like Longford so?

not really, its always raining down in sligo and the place is just so depressing.....
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    i havent heard of many sligo people having to go to college in longford over the years

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thats because we don't have a college, but then again i haven't heard of too amny people heading to sligo to see premier division football over the last few years either ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thats because we don't have a college, but then again i haven't heard of too amny people heading to sligo to see premier division football over the last few years either ????
    Now Now....Mr Longford......Ye win one trophy and have your longest stint in the premier.....dont give you a right to consider yourself more superior than our friends in Sligo !!!

tut tut
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yes it does, i have a big head now !!!!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by dortie
    dont give you a right to consider yourself more superior than our friends in Sligo !!!
    Well there's not many places worse than sligo anyway....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Athlone?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    no its sunny in scumlone sometimes, but then again the heat only makes the smell worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

not really, its always raining down in sligo and the place is just so depressing.....

Longford may have a better setup and play better football bit Sligo is a far better town than Longford, that has to be said.

It has been a while since i have been in Sligo (last time they were in top flight) but back then, Sligo town kicked the pants off anything Longford town had to offer, has to be said.

Sligo has far more pubs and (7-8) clubs from what i remember, and some were brilliant. (the others has ques going from one street to another so we didn't bother going in)
    B&B's are far easier to come by aswell and shops and restaurants were better than Longofrd most definitely.

Longford is good, The Anvil, Blazers etc. .... cant go wrong. Dont get me wrong Longford is THE best away trip by far but to say it is better than Sligo is simply wrong.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    so my thoughts are "simply wrong" because you say so ??

no doubt there are others beliefs i have that you can put me right on as well eh ??

i await your words of wisdom......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .................................................. ......

so my thoughts are "simply wrong" because you say so ??

no doubt there are others beliefs i have that you can put me right on as well eh ??

i await your words of wisdom......

No no no ...... maxy

I am saying that what i just wrote is my opinion and i think that you saying Longford is better is wrong. I am not saying that that is so. You can still maintain your opinion, no matter how right or how wrong it is.

Infact i dont mind that you have an opinion, go right ahead ... knock yourself out.

What is important here is perspective ....... "Perspective ?" i hear you say ......... YES ..... Perspective !! by this i mean ..... you are probably biased towards Longford, living there an'all where as i am from neither but have visited both, and would be non-biased.

But maxy ..... remember ..... it is OK for you have an opinion, i dont mind at all !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    where did i say that longford was better ????

longofrd is a hole in many ways, i'm not there very often and if i am its for football or to see my family, thats it....

but i can't stand the sligo town, depressing place...always raining and from a weekend i spent there nothing to do, and it was raining that weekend too...my sister went to college there and i wnet to visit her, awful time.

through my dj work i have played all over the country and sligo would be one of the places i can't stand working in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...............................................

where did i say that longford was better ????

longofrd is a hole in many ways, i'm not there very often and if i am its for football or to see my family, thats it....

but i can't stand the sligo town, depressing place...always raining and from a weekend i spent there nothing to do, and it was raining that weekend too...my sister went to college there and i wnet to visit her, awful time.

through my dj work i have played all over the country and sligo would be one of the places i can't stand working in.

Fair enough man, you're opinionated on it. Anytime i was there it wasn't raining so i could have seen a totally different town.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast