Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland V Sweden(A) 22 March & Austria(H) - 26 March 2013 - World Cup 2014 Qualifiers

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post

hunt isnt even getting in the wolves team - nor is doyle for that matter.
    Hunt is just back from a long term injury but has played a bit as sub, Doyle has form issues and has been dropped.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    What does Stephen Kelly have to do to not get picked again??
    You'd wonder what happened but I'd guess, if this is for real, it was put to Trap (by the FAI?) to mend that particular fence.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Hunt is just back from a long term injury but has played a bit as sub, Doyle has form issues and has been dropped.
    Hunt was booed off at the weekend and the crowd sang derogatory songs as he sat on the bench. For some reason, when a football team is struggling, fans often take it out on the long-term casualty list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    In relation to Gibson:

Whatever happened to the FIFA ruling that a player must report for internationals?
    Granted most managers might not envoke to push this through. But my understanding was there's a mandatory suspension if a player doesn't report for duty.
    This issue last surfaced when it was said Domenech was going to recall a few retired players(Diarra?), and if they refused to show they'd receive suspensions.

Surely even if the manager doesn't pursue it higher up, but the player is making it publicly clear he's refusing without injury, FIFA/UEFA step in?!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    In relation to Gibson:

Whatever happened to the FIFA ruling that a player must report for internationals?
    Granted most managers might not envoke to push this through. But my understanding was there's a mandatory suspension if a player doesn't report for duty.
    This issue last surfaced when it was said Domenech was going to recall a few retired players(Diarra?), and if they refused to show they'd receive suspensions.

Surely even if the manager doesn't pursue it higher up, but the player is making it publicly clear he's refusing without injury, FIFA/UEFA step in?!
    Wasn't it Makelele?
    Yes Trap could force Gibson to turn up, but Trap won't call up some player who does not want to play.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    i would do it to gibson he is turning into a right cretan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    This is from 6 days ago so i'm sure you all have seen it but could it be Moyes has asked he not be picked due to his precarious injury situation?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-barrier.html
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    This is from 6 days ago so i'm sure you all have seen it but could it be Moyes has asked he not be picked due to his precarious injury situation?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-barrier.html
    according to RTE, he was approached, but but declined the call up: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/inter...ireland-squad/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Gibson clearly has an issue with Trap in charge.
    Was his multitude of groin strains and friendly exclusions throughout his international career even in Trap's early days because he had an issue with him? What about his total exclusion from Man Utd's team in his last season there to the point where Rafael was getting a game in centre mid ahead of him because of his discipline issues and partying? The lad has a bad attitude, he might be using the public feelings towards Trap to shield him this time but he's been at this carry on his whole career. I very much doubt he'd be any more committed under someone else, simply isn't a team player and shouldn't be welcomed back.

Not as if he was very good for us anyway, Stephen Ireland contributed more in his 6 appearances than Gibsons's mostly abysmal 19.

Wasn't it Makelele?
    Yes Trap could force Gibson to turn up, but Trap won't call up some player who does not want to play.
    He'd be right too, horrible man management to call up a player who doesn't want to be there ahead of those that do. Just look at how Domenech's reign wound up.
    Last edited by Murfinator; 09/03/2013 at 12:10 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    Presume its Mark O Brien - Derby County Defender
    Actually it is Joey

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    He'd be right too, horrible man management to call up a player who doesn't want to be there ahead of those that do. Just look at how Domenech's reign wound up.
    Therefore Paul = Domenech.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    Was his multitude of groin strains and friendly exclusions throughout his international career even in Trap's early days because he had an issue with him? What about his total exclusion from Man Utd's team in his last season there to the point where Rafael was getting a game in centre mid ahead of him because of his discipline issues and partying? The lad has a bad attitude, he might be using the public feelings towards Trap to shield him this time but he's been at this carry on his whole career. I very much doubt he'd be any more committed under someone else, simply isn't a team player and shouldn't be welcomed back.

Not as if he was very good for us anyway, Stephen Ireland contributed more in his 6 appearances than Gibsons's mostly abysmal 19.

It's not like he has had a recurring condition that is probably requiring surgery this summer, is it? It's even mentioned two posts above yours, ffs. Put some effort into your vitriol next time and do your homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    In relation to Gibson:

Wasn't aware of such a rule. Is there actually such a rule in place? Seems bizarre that a player could be forced to report for (voluntary?) international duty. What if, say, the IFA attempted to compel a player who intended to play for the FAI to report for duty? You sure you're not confusing it with the rule that obliges clubs to release selected players for competitive fixtures? And who punishes a player who fails to report in such an instance? FIFA or the association concerned?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Wasn't aware of such a rule. Is there actually such a rule in place? Seems bizarre that a player could be forced to report for (voluntary?) international duty. What if, say, the IFA attempted to compel a player who intended to play for the FAI to report for duty? You sure you're not confusing it with the rule that obliges clubs to release selected players for competitive fixtures? And who punishes a player who fails to report in such an instance? FIFA or the association concerned?
    I think a player has to officially retire before the naming of a squad, once that's done then he can refuse a call up.
    What constitutes an official retirement, I don't know. I presume something written down and sent to the football association.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    I think a player has to officially retire before the naming of a squad, once that's done then he can refuse a call up.
    What constitutes an official retirement, I don't know. I presume something written down and sent to the football association.
    that's what made the Makelele call up so strange, he had retired, but was called up anyway
    article about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/29/sp...407.html?_r=2&
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    that's what made the Makelele call up so strange, he had retired, but was called up anyway
    article about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/29/sp...407.html?_r=2&
    Makelele didn't have to turn up as he had 'officially' retired. The drama was all provided by typical Mourinho histrionics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    That article confirms that there is no such rule obliging players to show for international duty. Mourinho was mistaken in his interpretation of the rule obliging clubs to release players.

FIFA, the governing body of world soccer, confirmed Monday that while a club that fails to release a player for national team duty is indeed barred from using the player for two matches (a rule intended to prevent the cynical ploy of clubs pretending players are injured), there is nothing to stop a player retiring from his national team, or stating that he does not wish to play for it.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Yes, but I think the player has to make that declaration before the squad naming ceremony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Seems odd. What makes you think that? I can only assume it doesn't apply to non-capped players if there is such a rule.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Seems odd. What makes you think that? I can only assume it doesn't apply to non-capped players if there is such a rule.
    It makes sense, therefore I think it

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePag....php?ID=109670
    Andreas Herren, a spokesman for world football's governing body.

"There is no FIFA rule to prevent any player stopping his international career, that's up to him," he told AFP Monday.
    "The one thing that has to be considered is that the intention to leave a national team or put an end to an international career needs to be communicated prior to a specific summons."

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast