Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tolka for Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    AFAIK there are wheels in motion towards between 500-800 seats in Whitehall. Capacity as it stands is just under 3,000 anyway, and the likelihood of us exceeding that capacity (unless we ended up in the play-offs with Rovers again) is very, very slim indeed.

Also there is the precedent set by the league last year where a team managed to play the entire season without a proper licence, although it won't come to that I'm sure.

Can't see too much of a problem in putting in a certain amount of seats at Whitehall, whether it'll be enough between now and the deadline is a different story...Either way, with the ground being so compact I'd say you'll get a pretty unique atmosphere at the games, as it only takes a couple of hundred fans as is to get the place rocking. (no need for any simpleminded derisory comments, it happens to be true, imho) So I'm looking forward to it anyhoo, plus the bar is always great craic...assuming you can get f@cking served

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Or Rovers could just drop out of existence for a few years and then come back when Tallaght is finished. Wouldn’t be the first time.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    Also there is the precedent set by the league last year where a team managed to play the entire season without a proper licence, although it won't come to that I'm sure.
    Wouldn't fancy your chances with an 8 point deduction.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Slightly off topic but how can Whitehall be good enough for the Premier division? Don't we have minimum standard?

The ground standards were ignored last year provided you could say "We plan to improve our ground" without laughing.

Capacity as it stands is just under 3,000 anyway
    How can it hold 3,000? Granted, I've never been there, but if there's no stands or anything (which no-one is denying), I would have had capacity a bit lower. Belfield Park for the League Cup Final - with an 848 capacity stand and a hill - had capacity of 2,500 and for other games 1,900. That would have struck me as a more likely capacity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers
    Wouldn't fancy your chances with an 8 point deduction.

KOH
    but they won't be deducted points - as the League have no right to impose a points deduction for breach of license conditions.

Sure you lot keep harping on about it...
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir
    but they won't be deducted points - as the League have no right to impose a points deduction for breach of license conditions.

Sure you lot keep harping on about it...
    Eh, that was the joke..........

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To clear a few things up;

Dublin City is singular,
    Finn Park has about 200 seats, so the poster above must have a very big living room,
    Whitehall has steps (I won't call it a terrace) along 2 sides of the pitch where as Belfield is flat around except for the stand, so Whitehall can hold more.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Finn Park and now Whitehall. More covered seats in my living room than in those 3 grounds put together.
    KOH
    I'd settle for concrete terrace. No eL team in either division should be allowed open any area of ground that doesn't have solid surface. i.e. no gravel or mud banks.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    Dublin City is singular,
    Finn Park has about 200 seats, so the poster above must have a very big living room,
    Whitehall has steps (I won't call it a terrace) along 2 sides of the pitch where as Belfield is flat around except for the stand, so Whitehall can hold more.
    Unless Harps have installed seats since we were there in september I would say that's wrong. They do have some for journos but 200????

Stand to be corrected and sure any Harps fan would confirm.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    There are seats behind the 'viewing slope' where Harps' singing section stands. A couple of hundred sounds about right.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    There are seats behind the 'viewing slope' where Harps' singing section stands. A couple of hundred sounds about right.
    Yeah saw that section but taking liberties with a couple of hundred. Suppose wait til a Harps fan can confirm..........

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Eh, that was the joke..........

KOH
    So was my comment tbh
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Yeah saw that section but taking liberties with a couple of hundred.
    Maybe I'm wrong, as a commoner I only got to look in from outside but still more than your standard living room.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime
    Or Rovers could just drop out of existence for a few years and then come back when Tallaght is finished. Wouldn’t be the first time.
    Jaysus, bringing up an event from 1906 - that's beating even Rovers fans in terms of irrelevant historical nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Got a bit of an undate on the Whitehall situation yesterday. Members of the FAI, Home Farm and Dublin City have all been in talks about the possible construction of a 500 seat, covered stand behind the carpark end goal. The money is there to be used, and it is unlikely that either club (DCFC or Home Farm) would receive a license for premier football or international underage matches without this move. The construction has to be agreed by members of Home Farm who would also have to agree to keep Dublin City as anchor tennants for the next 5 seasons. If all goes well the stand would be expected to be completed by the begining of June.

Basically it's in the hands of Home Farm, hopefully they will do the right thing by both clubs and allow the progress to take place.

Also I've heard it mooted that all DC games from now on will be all-ticket affairs, and that Whitehall's capacity (with or without the new stand) will be 1,500 That's 500 per turnstile. If the new stand was to go ahead that would also mean that the current covered concrete terrace on the bar side would be left as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Got a bit of an undate on the Whitehall situation yesterday. Members of the FAI, Home Farm and Dublin City have all been in talks about the possible construction of a 500 seat, covered stand behind the carpark end goal. The money is there to be used, and it is unlikely that either club (DCFC or Home Farm) would receive a license for premier football or international underage matches without this move. The construction has to be agreed by members of Home Farm who would also have to agree to keep Dublin City as anchor tennants for the next 5 seasons. If all goes well the stand would be expected to be completed by the begining of June.

Basically it's in the hands of Home Farm, hopefully they will do the right thing by both clubs and allow the progress to take place.

Also I've heard it mooted that all DC games from now on will be all-ticket affairs, and that Whitehall's capacity (with or without the new stand) will be 1,500 That's 500 per turnstile. If the new stand was to go ahead that would also mean that the current covered concrete terrace on the bar side would be left as is.
    Sounds like good news - good luck with it
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    200 would be about right

sure who wants to sit during football
    Finn Harps Belfast Supporters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maynard, if you don't mind me asking, were you given any guarentee from the FAI that this improvement would be enough to allow you to compete in the premier division for the next five seasons? Does this mean that the infrastructure requirements in the UEFA license will be staying very low?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has this stand been given planning approval? Can't see it being open by June 2006.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Savic
    Has this stand been given planning approval? Can't see it being open by June 2006.
    It'll have to be approved by HF before planning permission is sought, but if it is approved I can't see any reason for it stalling. Home Farm don't really have to answer to anyone about it, they're already in the middle of reconstructing alot of that end of the ground (the whole front entrance has been removed for example) so I wouldn't see it being a big problem. It was the FAI who mooted June in the 1st place (afaik) and I get the impression that they are very keen on this going ahead.

As far as lowering the standard to get the licence I don't think that's quite the case. I get the impression that it's a gesture to clubs who are actively trying to move towards full compliance. From an administration point of view we have no problems in complying fully, so if we put a process in place whereby we begin to develop a fully compliant ground then I imagine we will be given some leeway for our efforts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast