Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tolka for Rovers

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    Why is there this magic Number of Clubs having 2000 seats ? I have heard one or two other members mention it, Is it in Genisis report Bald S ?
    The Genesis Report required all Premier Division clubs to have a minimum of 1500 covered seats (500 in the First Division). However, last year, this was just a suggestion, not a requirement as they wanted to focus clubs on getting the other four aspects under control first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1500 covered seats is one thing, and fair play to CHF for making moves in that direction.

However, a GROUND CAPACITY of 1500 for the Premier Division is idiotic. Knock off a couple of hundred for CHF fans, take any match against us, Bohs or Shels, or a Cup match against Rovers, Cork or Derry, and you've a recipe for potential chaos.

Is there nothing in the licencing stuff regarding a minmum capacity level?
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub
    Don't think so. Only thing about capacity is that you must have a certified capacity limit.

I doubt it'll be too much of an issue though. UCD have a (slightly) bigger home support (and capacity), but our crowds against the other Dublin teams would be around 1000 of late (the Dublin teams aren't doing too well of late, which doesn't help). It's three years since we had more than 1500 at a league game, so can't see it being too much of an issue for DC either. And if they do draw Bohs in a Cup quarter-final or something, they'll just have to limit the crowd to 1500 and lose out on turnover.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-blood
    hahahahahahah WAR

I bet you stand to watch TV and all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub
    1500 covered seats is one thing, and fair play to CHF for making moves in that direction.

However, a GROUND CAPACITY of 1500 for the Premier Division is idiotic. Knock off a couple of hundred for CHF fans, take any match against us, Bohs or Shels, or a Cup match against Rovers, Cork or Derry, and you've a recipe for potential chaos.

The figure will be a little higher than that, closer to 1800 hopefully, and should be in place from the start with the seated area coming on stream during the season, provided we can negotiate a deal with Home Farm to have the use of Whitehall for a period.

Lets look realistically at it, not one of our games the last time would have reached this 1800 figure. It's more than ten times our attendance last season according to the thread on this site. Lets do something a little interesting.

Lets say we double our attendance to approx 400. Each of the dublin clubs will bring 40%-50% of their regular home support. and the clubs outside dublin will bring say 15%-25% of their regular support. All very optomistic figures in anyones opinion.

The expected attendances would be give or take (at the absolute most)
    Bohs 1400
    Bray 800
    Cork 1400
    Derry 1100
    Drogheda 900
    Longford 700
    Pat's 1200
    Shels 1400
    Sligo Rovers 850
    UCD 800
    Waterford 800

All comfortably under the 1800 mark, and being realistic, most of the attendances would be about 50-60% of what is given above. giving an average attendance of around 7/800, slightly up on 2004.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    The Genesis Report required all Premier Division clubs to have a minimum of 1500 covered seats (500 in the First Division). However, last year, this was just a suggestion, not a requirement as they wanted to focus clubs on getting the other four aspects under control first.
    How many covered and uncovered seats in Belfield?

Will it be accessible from the college campus next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    I think you're mixing up the Genesis Report with the UEFA license there.

Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans
    How many covered and uncovered seats in Belfield?

Will it be accessible from the college campus next season?
    800, 0.

Yes.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet
    It's been premier division rules going back to the 90's actually. Just another rule conveniently forgotten...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well put Breifne. Having the ground nearer full than empty every other week can only be a good thing for the club and for the atmosphere at every game, that in turn might convince more people to regularly attend. Certainly playing the Corks and Derrys of the league is a more attractive incentive for the local "once in a while" brigade than Kilkenny or Limerick (no disrespect to either side)

Let's just hope that HF do themselves and us a favour and don't derail the proposed stand out of pettiness or spite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet
    You're right, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Breifne
    Bohs 1400
    Bray 800
    Cork 1400
    Derry 1100
    Drogheda 900
    Longford 700
    Pat's 1200
    Shels 1400
    Sligo Rovers 850
    UCD 800
    Waterford 800
    With respect, your expected attendances would probably be about half of those figures. 800 v us when the same game got 250 in the FAI Cup last year? Dublin gates are a good bit down on two years ago because the clubs aren't doing as well. However, it does still validate the point about capacity being sufficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard
    It'll have to be approved by HF before planning permission is sought, but if it is approved I can't see any reason for it stalling. Home Farm don't really have to answer to anyone about it, they're already in the middle of reconstructing alot of that end of the ground (the whole front entrance has been removed for example) so I wouldn't see it being a big problem. It was the FAI who mooted June in the 1st place (afaik) and I get the impression that they are very keen on this going ahead.

As far as lowering the standard to get the licence I don't think that's quite the case. I get the impression that it's a gesture to clubs who are actively trying to move towards full compliance. From an administration point of view we have no problems in complying fully, so if we put a process in place whereby we begin to develop a fully compliant ground then I imagine we will be given some leeway for our efforts.
    1. Stand required professional design to be agreed with client.
    2. Planning application repared & lodged.
    3. If no appeal to ABP assuming its granted onto the tender process.
    4. Fire safety certificate required. (this could though be lodged concurrently with the planning application. )
    5. Commence works on site.
    6. Practical completion, handing over & transfer of insurances.
    7. Approval from H&S.
    8. New stand ready to go!
    Alot to be done in the time you suggest, best of luck with that, you'll be needing it!!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bohs 1400
    Bray 800
    Cork 1400
    Derry 1100
    Drogheda 900
    Longford 700
    Pat's 1200
    Shels 1400
    Sligo Rovers 850
    UCD 800
    Waterford 800
    with respect to what you are trying to say, if you think cork will bring 1000, drogheda 500, longford 10, shels and bohs 1000 and the rural teams over 400 you are on cloud cukoo land. i appreciate they are topside estimates, but none of them bring close to those numbers to see Rovers, Bohs, Pats and Shels. do you reckon you are a bigger draw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    drogheda 500.........but none of them bring close to those numbers to see Rovers, Bohs, Pats and Shels.
    Drogs away numbers never be too good outside dublin but we would bring 500 or more to alot of the dublin away matches (pats away and the second ucd one last season maybe less)
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dublin City - UCD : 800 ?! Maybe if U2 do a mini gig before the kick-off...
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Dublin City - UCD : 800 ?! Maybe if U2 do a mini gig before the kick-off...
    Reminds me of the Celtic v AC Milan Champions League match I was at a year ago. The Undertones did a mini concert and I couldn't see them while they were playing! I estimate 200 at Dub City v UCD next year unless City are playing excepitonally well.

Bald Student, on your yes to the question about campus access. Do you mean yes as in the same situation as now or will there be something new next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Drogs away numbers never be too good outside dublin but we would bring 500 or more to alot of the dublin away matches (the second ucd one last season maybe less)
    Aye, about 200-350 at the two UCD-Drogs games last season, if you assume about 400 home fans, which is what we seemed to be averaging for most of last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Bald Student, on your yes to the question about campus access. Do you mean yes as in the same situation as now or will there be something new next season?
    I think you're mixing me up with Bald Student there (there's an easy way to remember us, I'm the one with hair!!). We're starting next season in Belfield Park. The National Institute of Biotechnology Research and Training, or NIBERT as I call it, has just received funding for a new 70 million euro facility which will be built on the site of Belfield Park but there's been no actual movement on getting planning for the building so I'd be surprised if we didn't finish next season in Belfield Park as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    I estimate 200 at Dub City v UCD next year unless City are playing excepitonally well
    Damn right both of you deserve to be in the premier...

In other news I can't see how whithall could fit a 1,500 seater stadium. Just in terms of covered seats I think the only clubs who reach that 1,500 figure at the moment are Pats, Cork, Bohs, Shels, Derry and Sligo (maybe Galway, can't be sure) Think Longford and waterford are just short with the others way, way short
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    All comfortably under the 1800 mark, and being realistic, most of the attendances would be about 50-60% of what is given above. giving an average attendance of around 7/800, slightly up on 2004.
    As usual people pick out what they want to see, the above bit was under those figures, those figures were over estimated, and then take about 50%-60% of these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    Damn right both of you deserve to be in the Premier...
    The way your crowds are going, you'll soon be down with us.

As usual people pick out what they want to see, the above bit was under those figures, those figures were over estimated, and then take about 50%-60% of these.
    True, although 50-60% of that average is 500-600, not 700-800. But you did ask for trouble when you described those figures as "expected" attendances.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123