Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to wind up Accolade (Shels)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb

I don't think any of this would make much difference if clubs didn't require a club licence to compete in the league as many clubs holding companies have gone to the wall in the past & then sold on the rights to the club contracts to the new board. However there seems to point to the licencing if this is allowed to continue.

Probably the best scenario is that Accolade go to the wall. When Accolade are wound up they sell on the Shelbourne FC title to a new company with new Directors. In this scenario a certain O Byrne would not be allowed to be invlived in the new company.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Probably the best scenario is that Accolade go to the wall. When Accolade are wound up they sell on the Shelbourne FC title to a new company with new Directors. In this scenario a certain O Byrne would not be allowed to be invlived in the new company.
    But what will happen with their spending? €900,000+ .... i'm no accountant, but that cannot go on. And the €300,000 tax that is owed, what happens to that?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The sam that happened Drogheda's. its written off and they start fresh.

it can't go on
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge

it can't go on
    Jebus ... we should all do that so !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    The Ireland on Sunday has a page article on the Shels affair today. They quote an interview they published with none other than Ollie in August. He stated in it that he had written a letter to the Revenue to tell them he would not be paying any more tax! When asked why, he stated that it was due to Rovers being given a deal. He also claimed yesterday that it was an accident that they didn't pay up. He claims he thought the April 2nd date was the normal deadline and said he is quite embarrassed.

Is it possible this is a protest that backfired on him? It was in print in August.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Jeez you couldn't make it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    In Slovenia they fecked out NK Olimpija Ljubljana for doing the same thing. A club who recently knocked Shels out of Europe coincidentally. The club finished in a European spot and were denied their place as they had no licence and ended up dying despite being the most famous club with the strongest tradition in the country.
    Also the above that I just said appeared slightly reworded in the article. The jounalist referred to them as "Ljubljana" which is actually another club, so it showed he had no idea what he was on about. Did he steal my post!?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge

it can't go on
    get your facts right. Drogheda were forced by the league to reinstate the company , pay off al debts and this included the tax. In the emantime they couldn't sgn players. They had a few days to pay 100k of debt off (lets see others do that) and then in the off season couldn't sign players till the old hinge trading company was reinstated and the tax sorted.

If you want exact detaiuls ask Jim Roddy of Derry he will fill you in as he kepot a very close eye on it.

So please before typing get your facts right and Shels should have to do the very same.

Dodge disgusting misinformation and something I would have thought you better of.
    Last edited by SeanDrog; 19/03/2006 at 5:30 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Poor Student: Ollie said that he wouldn't pay a cent more in tax after we went in examinership.

That was because Ollie looked at situation a) a company with no assets and no ability to pay off debts seeking to be taken over by a consortium who could turn the business around if given a relatively clean slate, and mistook it for situation b) a company with a very valuable asset who would prefer to redirect their taxes away from Revenue and towards their own expenses.

We've been saying this about Shels for years but their fans weren't interested in listening.

I hope Shels survive this (and I think they will) but hopefully it might force Shels fans to wake up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Passive, whatever my feelings on your tax deal I fully appreciate there's no comparison and he hasn't a leg to stand on. It's just interesting, did he carry out his "threat"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive
    I hope Shels survive this (and I think they will) but hopefully it might force Shels fans to wake up.
    Do Shels fans have a trust ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Do Shels fans have a trust ??
    Yes. A total and unnerving trust in Ollie....

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Realistically is there that much Shels fans can do unless the club is wound up and they go down the AFC Shelbourne route? From what we've heard of losses etc a fans takeover in any other circumstance is unlikely to be feasible.

On the other hand if I were a Shels fan I'd be demanding a meeting/fan's forum with the club to find out what exactly is going on, as nobody seems very clear on this on the Shels MB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Serves them right

Mod edit :

Come on man, add to the debate, dont bring it down.
    Last edited by A face; 19/03/2006 at 9:52 PM.
    Come On You Saints!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I think there should be a thread started where people can go and post their hatred and bitterness towards Shels so that other threads can be more sensible? Or maybe this is the thread??

People are talking about fans taking over clubs like its something you do on a weekend for some sport. Bit more complicated than that. Especially when it is the opinion of most people on the board that Shels fans are underage or non existant!!
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    it is the opinion of most people on the board that Shels fans are underage or non existant!!
    Hah ha ... theres that too i suppose !!

People are talking about fans taking over clubs like its something you do on a weekend for some sport. Bit more complicated than that.
    First up anyway .... is there a forum planned with the fans ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Especially when it is the opinion of most people on the board that Shels fans are underage or non existant!!
    well here is your chance to prove it

have the club made a statement yet?
    not a 'oops', but a detailed explaination of why the revenue haved moved to wind the firm up and especially after ollies very public utterance that he wouldnt pay tax after rovers agreement?
    will you insist on them opening the clubs books to an independent audit?
    will you form an independent sc that is not funded by the club?

or will shels fans come on here and tell us that we are all 'bitter and jealous'?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    When a meeting is called, Shelbourne fans will be informed and invited to attend. It really isn't a matter for anyone other than Shelbourne fans though. On a higher level, all clubs actions are relavent to others, but a fans forum is not one of those things!!! All news will be on the Shelbourne website eitherway. Apart from that, I really don't have anything more to add to this thread!!

RoverstillIdie, I have nothing to prove to you! Nor do I wish to enter into a long drawn convesrsation with you on this, cos I know where they lead to and I dont have an inbox big enough!!
    Last edited by Gareth; 19/03/2006 at 10:06 PM.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    The Ireland on Sunday has a page article on the Shels affair today. They quote an interview they published with none other than Ollie in August. He stated in it that he had written a letter to the Revenue to tell them he would not be paying any more tax! When asked why, he stated that it was due to Rovers being given a deal.
    Can you imagine if he claims that defence in court?! Although being on record in the papers as saying it - and presumably on record in letters to the Revenue - is not going to help his case in the slightest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When a meeting is called, Shelbourne fans will be informed and invited to attend. It really isn't a matter for anyone other than Shelbourne fans though. On a higher level, all clubs actions are relavent to others, but a fans forum is not one of those things!!! All news will be on the Shelbourne website eitherway. Apart from that, I really don't have anything more to add to this thread!!

RoverstillIdie, I have nothing to prove to you! Nor do I wish to enter into a long drawn convesrsation with you on this, cos I know where they lead to and I dont have an inbox big enough!!
    i am aware that you have nothing to prove to me, see the other thread. but you cant just clam up an this and say it only matters to shels.

we are in the first division after the authorities decided we had lied on our licence application. were you at it as well? again, its the optics that shels can ride roughshod over the rules.

are you even concerned by any of this?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast