Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Pro Evo 5 in a pub

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Pro Evo 5 in a pub

Today i ran a Pro Evo 5 Cup in Mc Dowells to try get bodies into "our" pub in an otherwise off peak time for the pub (ie lounge doesnt open till 7 usually on a sat). For the 1st event i had 14 people drinking and playing in a mini league for 5 hours. Cracking day out playing a game few pints and Soccer Saturday on in the background. Everyone had a good time and someone went home €50 richer.

Cost to the pub was €0 and cost to me was €0 so it was a total investment of €0. I posted it on the pats fans site and on boards.ie (sorry adam ) and dragged a few mates down as moral support drinkers, the next one be posted here when i adjust the flyer and get 3 more consoles/tvs (all loaners) and fix my arcade machine to run a €1 Street fighter 2/any arcade game cup.

I had 2 tvs and a projector running off 3 playstation consoles, for everyone to play at least 7 games, spare console for "winner stays on " game mainly for the losers . Owning or getting a loan of some gamepads and 1 ps2.

Most clubs in the EL have a bar and i doubt they are packed all the time, may be an idea for someone to raise a few quid for the club and have a bit of fun.

If anyone wants advice running one i could do one with them as now i done quite a few and own all the equipment, but today was the 1st for Pats.

Marketting is easy if you can get onto websites and into the program, something anyone reading this could well get.

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    glad it went well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Excellent idea!!!
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB View Post
    glad it went well
    Next one may be after the Longford game, if all goes well your old Arcade Cabinet be up and running

Wanna come up and say your goodbyes to it

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Hehe, we shall see! A teary farewell after covering it in plastic for the last two years and ignoring it