Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Its not long now lads

Red&White
    For the good of the league's reputation and co-efficient it's vitally important we win the return leg. To be honest, I'd take 1-0 to us right now. Then again, I'm a complete pessimist when it comes to football. After every one of our goals in Gretna, if I'd been offered the score, I'd have been back on the bus like a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Number9
    Gretna still have a chance to progress to the first-round proper of the UEFA Cup.
    Wind-up of the Week!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    they're great, those Gretna fans, they'll swallow anything - they make Shels fans look like world weary cynics
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    rediculous

tell the truth R+W you'll happliy take a 3-0 defeat... I would

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green-blood View Post
    rediculous

tell the truth R+W you'll happliy take a 3-0 defeat... I would
    What the fcuk ???

There isn't a Derry fan alive who would take that, and the team certainly wouldn't either.

We're all out to win this - for our team, our fans, our unbeaten home recdord, the league, the coefficient, to shut those mouthy Gretna fcukers up - for more reaons than you can shake a big bendy stick at.

Humping p!ss-ant pub teams week in week out has obviously given Gretna a Captain Invincible psychology. They think they can beat anyone by hatfuls of goals - ans when they don't it's all down to luck and an unfamiliar pitch ! The ungratious muppets. I hope Stephen Kenny prints a copy of that out for every player to act as motivation to go out and hammer those mercenary has-been jokers again....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    What the fcuk ???

There isn't a Derry fan alive who would take that, and the team certainly wouldn't either.

We're all out to win this - for our team, our fans, our unbeaten home recdord, the league, the coefficient, to shut those mouthy Gretna fcukers up - for more reaons than you can shake a big bendy stick at.

Humping p!ss-ant pub teams week in week out has obviously given Gretna a Captain Invincible psychology. They think they can beat anyone by hatfuls of goals - ans when they don't it's all down to luck and an unfamiliar pitch ! The ungratious muppets. I hope Stephen Kenny prints a copy of that out for every player to act as motivation to go out and hammer those mercenary has-been jokers again....

I think where is he coming form is that you would have happily taken a 5-4 aggregate victory at the start of the tie although I do understand your sentiments now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What the fcuk ???

Absolute quality there

Hope Derry score an absolute hatful. Gretna are complete waste if they put drivel like that on their website.

KOH

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The speed of Derry's attack compared to Gretna's defence, who were made to look flat-footed in the first leg, also suggests that attack really should be Gretna's best form of defence.
    What!

Sure, it's not likely (and nowhere near as likely as the 20/1 one bookie is offering), but stranger things have happened in football, just ask Liverpool...

Desperation stuff all together!

Red&White
    What the fcuk ???

You said it. I would not be happy with a 3-0 defeat. For once the British media sat up and took notice as their 'wee fairytale team,' were hammered by the 'underdogs.' It would undo a lot of that good if Gretna managed a win- we all know the spin their fans and manager are capable of. Plus, as an avid coefficient watcher I desperately want the points and the pride of having a team that has contributed four straight wins to Ireland's ranking. Believe me, those scores (with the others gathered by other teams so far) will be invaluable for years to come.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
    Our recent poll asked 'How should Gretna treat the UEFA second-leg?' and, currently, an overwhelming majority have said Gretna should try and win by five goals.

Try to win by five goals 61%
    Any win will do 23%
    Aim for a clean sheet 5%
    Field an experimental team 11%
    Genius! What a poll.... Indeed a win by 5 goals would be ideal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    1-0 would be a good result for Derry. They don't need to hammer the Gretners and keeping a clean sheet would be a good defensive workout.

The entire league is behind you lads.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Number9
    Great plan Baldrick!
    Last edited by hoops1; 22/08/2006 at 9:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Certainly hope Derry don't let up, and I don't expect them to. Another thumping win would be great. The article from the Gretna website was classic stuff. They were thumped in the first leg because they played on an unfamiliar pitch, whereas, in the 2nd leg........ doh, think I just spotted the fatal flaw in their plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derry are without Peter Hutton, which is a big loss as he has a calming effect on the rest of the defence.
    In saying that, Ken Oman is an able replacement but I'll gladly settle for a 0-0.
    As long as we don't get beaten, because a defeat would give all the knockers their chance to say "told you 5-1 was a fluke."

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkito View Post
    Genius! What a poll.... Indeed a win by 5 goals would be ideal.
    The poll asked what he team should try for on Thursday. Should they (a) try for qualification or (b, c and d) give up on the tie and just try to boost morale or give some fringe players European experience.

Red&White
    Quote Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
    Our recent poll asked 'How should Gretna treat the UEFA second-leg?' and, currently, an overwhelming majority have said Gretna should try and win by five goals.

Try to win by five goals 61%
    Any win will do 23%
    Aim for a clean sheet 5%
    Field an experimental team 11%
    That's truly wonderful.

EDIT: 100 posts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Of course they should try to win it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I hope they go all out and try to win by 5 goals.

It would be great to see an EL team go through on a double digit aggregrate score because Derry would wallop them again
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve

I see that there are now very few "Gretna are great" scaremongers left on here, like they were pre-first leg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    I see that there are now very few "Gretna are great" scaremongers left on here, like they were pre-first leg.
    It won't be a walkover tomorrow night if thats what you're insinuating.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345