Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interviewees

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Interviewees

Been interviewing people for a couple of months now & had a no show last month so though just a once off. Another no show today.

Generally i'm easy going but really p*sses me off when not even the courtesy to inform will not be arriving. Lets just say if I ever saw the CVs again in years to come would bin straight away.

Anyone else come across this?
    Last edited by pete; 12/12/2006 at 11:04 PM.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Ya sorry Pete. I was on the **** last night. The Club I support was promoted yesterday eventhough the season finished a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by sligoman; 19/12/2006 at 9:47 PM. Reason: language filter...
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have enough trouble getting an interview!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Been interviewing epople for a couple of months now & had a no show last month so though just a once off. Another no show today.
    Generally i'm easy going but reallt p*sses me off when not even the courtesy to inform will not be arriving. Lets just say if I ever saw the CVs again in years to come would bin straight away.
    Anyone else come across this?
    Quite a bit actually. I keep all resume's(sp), err CV's, just in case they show up again when I'm hiring at a later date. Hasn't happened yet where a no-show has re-applied, but when it does, I'm going to have a bit of fun with it.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down Height of ignorance

I can't understand why a candidate would not call the agency & make an excuse as I could think of many off the top of my head. Making the recruiter look like a fool will mean they probably won't deal with you in future either.

Had a candidate that never turned up for interview couple of months ago. Agency said he got days mixed up & thought was two days later. Needless to say he never turned up that day either.

This is position for experienced person so no kids applying either. Been phone screening people so I have their mobile numbers. If I had more time on my hands I'd probably think of calling the no show

BTW if anyone looking or knows anyone looking for QA Engineer role in Dublin City centre PM me for details...

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Are you operating or working for a recruitment company pete? No offense intended if you do/are - each to his own - but as someone that's had to deal with recruiters from both an employee and business operator's standpoint, I have to say I absolutely hate them. As an employee I used to feel like: a) they were getting in the way; and b) they were taking a portion of my wages, and as a businessman I find a majority of them offensively gung-ho; to the level that as an internet service provider I'd consider a minority of them spammers.

I'm sure there are perfectly lovely recruiters out there, in fact I work with Recruit Ireland at one level and I never had any real problem with them. But some of the guys I dealt with? Absolute scuts, unfortunately. So I'm sure I'm not the only one that lumps them into the same category as estate agents, and with that in mind I reckon there's a few people out there that probably don't really give a crap about hitting or missing interviews.

It is impolite not to make a 30 second phone call though. I don't like impolite people either.

adam

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    Are you operating or working for a recruitment company pete?
    Working for software company. We don't have HR department so I suppose we using recruiters to handle all the communication etc...

I've become cynical now would not believe someone with genuine excuse.

Both no shows have been foreigner workers so don't know if they feel burning bridges in Ireland not affect them later. I'm sure plenty of impolite irish people too though...

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    . If I had more time on my hands I'd probably think of calling the no show

I can think of an obvious thing you can do to give you more time
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I interview all the time... sometimes for day's on end. If someone doesn't turn up I generally don't care. There are times when I actually enjoy the break as it can get very boring and monotonous or they can run on a bit so the odd one not turning up often regualtes the interview times.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Eh correct me if I am wrong here pete but were you not on another thread on this not so long ago excusing why companies dont ring back after an interview?
    What goes around comes around.
    I was looking for work this time last year and the amount of companies that would even give feedback is minimal.
    Once I didnt attend an interview as I felt the recruitment agency badgered me into it. It was a second interview and I didnt much care for them after the first one. I got up that morning and when I thought if it I just said why should I bother putting meself thru this so didnt bother going. Recruitment agent basically told me I would never work in this town again. HA HA.
    It seems to me that the employers are willing to make value judgements on potential employess while not applying the same criteria to themselves.
    So yes its crappy that you scheduled time for something and someone didnt turn up but if it was the other way around am sure you would have justifying it by saying you dont have time.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I can't understand why a candidate would not call the agency & make an excuse as I could think of many off the top of my head. Making the recruiter look like a fool will mean they probably won't deal with you in future either.
    Could be the agency though. I had a number of problems with an agency putting me forward for jobs I'd told them I didn't want, and them trying to persuade me otherwise (similar to billsthoughts experience). If they'd put people forward who didn't want the jobs, easier to blame bad manners of the client rather than saying it was them that fooked up by putting them forward in the first place.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'd give the agency a funt in the ear if I had no show from one of their clients. I'd make it very clear that the quality of their candidates was unacceptable.
    There's a lot of work out there now and contractors seem to think they can treat employers with contempt. How quickly they forget the downturn in the IT Sector, where they were begging for work. Guys claiming to be consultants, were manning the helpdesks within a year.

I'm with strangeirish on this one, keep a record of the names and watch for future applications.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    Eh correct me if I am wrong here pete but were you not on another thread on this not so long ago excusing why companies dont ring back after an interview?
    Not me. When i deal with agencies I assume they follow up with the candidate after I inform them. For face to face interview we arrrange for multi interviewers so not just my time that was wasted.

I've half though of calling the guy & with fake concern asking if he ok as never saw him for interview...

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    apologies my mistake.
    yeah the recruitment agency should get back alrite in that scenario but would you get back to everyone who didnt come thru an agency if you didnt think they were up to the job?
    I find recruitment agencies a little too pushy.
    you should ring him and ask him why he didnt go to the interview and then see what he has to say. He might tell you something about the agency your dealing with. The worst he will do is hang up.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    would you get back to everyone who didnt come thru an agency if you didnt think they were up to the job?
    Of course.

I find recruitment agencies a little too pushy.
    They seem to be a necessary evil although sometimes not sure what they do to be honest.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know this is on a different topic, but does anyone have any advice for a job interview I have tomorrow?It's for 'the government', and I haven't a clue about it, except that there will be 3 interviewers.Any help would be appreciated!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    It's for 'the government'...!
    The irish one I presume. I think Bertie has filled the Junior Minister position, didn't know another vacancy had arisen

Sorry, never interview for state panel.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, it's for ''Prince Elizeberts''.I'm sure they have to let some Irish in.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    No, it's for ''Prince Elizeberts''.I'm sure they have to let some Irish in.
    Did you tick the ethnic minority box?

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Course I did!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast