Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loud And Proud

TONITE-PROBABLY THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON

1. TO QUALIFY FOR EUROPE
    2. TO KEEP THE CROWDS COMING NEXT SEASON
    3. TO BEAT THE SCUM
    4. TO FINISH HIGHER THAN THE SCUM

SO, TONITE LETS FORGET ABOUT THE MURPHY OUT CHANTS AND GET 100% BEHIND THE LADS, BRING BACK THE OLD DAYS, SINGING BEFORE DURING AND AFTER THE MATCH ESPECIALLY AGAINST THIS SCUM.

WHY DONT WE SING THE PRAISES OF OUR BEST PLAYERS THIS SEASON-

JOFLYNN-BORN TO SCORE GOALS
    GOCALLAGHAN-TRA LA LA LA LA
    MDEVINE-SUPERKEEPER+ONE MICK DEVINE....WALKING IN A DEVINE WONDERLAND
    AREYNOLDS-????

THEY DESERVE IT-ESPECIALLY JOFYLNN,IF WE SING ENOUGH HE MIGHT REALISE HE NEVER WANTS TO LEAVE CCFC,HE SAID HIMSELF HE IS VERY HAPPY AT CCFC SO LETS MAKE HIM EVEN MORE HAPPY

AFTERALL THIS SEASON HASNT BEEN A TOTAL DISASTER-

1. LENNOX HAS BEEN A POSITIVE INFLUENCE
    2. WE GOT OUR FLOODLITES
    3. THE CROWDS ARE BACK-EVEN THE EL SINICKS
    4. JOFYLNN
    5. THE ATMOSPHERE HAS BEEN THE BEST FOR A WHILE

SO TONITE WE HAVE TO BE HEARD, WE HAVE TO BE LOUD AND PROUD!!!!!!

OH AND HURT LITTLE BOY MOLLOY-PRI*K

COME ON CITY
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    gee you do talk a awful lot of c**p.

sing for john o'flynn and he might stay? that's a good one.what's even better is sing for george "one of best players". r u for real?

try to be a little less naive.

yeah of course I hope we win but you singing for flynn is hardly going to make him stay!!!!!

scorn not his simplicity
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why all the shouting?

Rovers is always a big athmosphere, especially if they bring a good bunch of fans.

People dont know the words of the John O Flynn song, as most only know

"CITY...City...city" or "City til I die"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    People dont know the words of the John O Flynn song, as most only know

"CITY...City...city" or "City til I die"
    A couple of questions gone away, where do you watch the matches from? and Do you start songs/chants, participate in them?
    All you seem to do is complain about the lack of songs/chants etc..
    Why don't you go away, come up with a few and post them up here?

All of the singing crowd in the Shed and the all of the Corner Boys know the words to most/all of the songs, so I'm just wondering is it just the people around you at the games??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cant believe Im actually going to acknowledge a norrie ,
    but i actually quit going to the Shed a long time ago, as i was sick to my teeth of trying, and failing to get a chant going. I now sit mostly on the Derrynane, because there is probably more athmosphee there.

So tell me so NOTL, how many chants u think we will hear tonight. Im reckoning we will hear

1. Fook the Dubs
    2. We hate Skamrock Rovers (but will tail off after the ramblers bit)
    3. City Til I die
    4. City...City

and maybe a few people will try, AND FAIL, to start a few others

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh ya, I forgot about the derrynane side drowning the rest of the ground out with their constant singing. So do you sit right next to the ECHO mascot or what??

5. Fields of Bishopstown
    6. Banks of the Lee
    7. Wise Men say ...
    8. Come on you biys in green
    9. You are a Jackeen..
    10. Follow Follow Follow
    11. G. O'C. tra lala la la
    12. Cork City, Cork City ...
    13. We love you City we do, etc..

Oh and not to leave out the corner boys special .

14. Liam Murphys bommy awwmy! (only a mess)

and I'm sure there might be a few more started during the night.

All I'm trying to get at is to stop moaning about it and do something to improve it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All boring songs that have existed since the NMPP days, ten years ago. I gave up going to the shed too, because it's the same old crap every week. We used to have the best support in Ireland, but now we are streets behind Rovers, Bohs, Pats, Derry and others. The shed is rampant with ignorance, racism and IRA chants. No creativity, no banter and no laughs.

The fact that the flags that were being hung in the back of the shed had to be taken down says everything, the shed is over-run with scumbags who have no interest in supporting City. The day the shed gets knocked is a good day for City.

Apologies to the good natured shed fans out there, but anyone who believes the shed is the heart of City support is dreaming.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [quote]All boring songs that have existed since the NMPP days, ten years ago[/qoute]

Ali-G, as I have said to Gone Away. If you don't like them then why not come up with new ones, or is that other peoples jobs? If you want improvement then you have to do it yourself. Or at least try. Is that a fair enough point?

I agree there are people in the shed who are scum, racist, etc..And the IRA **** ****es me off as does the celtic crap but I still think if enough of the genuine fans were there it would greatly enhance the atmosphere at the Cross. The Shedl be gone soon and we'll be left with an all seater ground. Hopefully they'll keep the corners standing room only as sitting during matches only leads to dull atmospheres, take a look at the Premiership grounds.

As for streets behind Rovers fans...I'd rather be streets behind rather than in a cell with the majority of them.

As for the res,t the Derry fans are good, Take the flags from Bohs and you wouldnt see much. And Pats fans aint that great. If those dub fans had to travel 160miles every 2 weeks to see their team you can bet your life they wouldnt travel in the numbers that they do. Which thinking about it isn't that great. If City only had to play 3 or 4 games outside of Cork every season then you'd get a lot more people travelling and thats a fact. Plus most of those Jackeens don't have work commitments to deal with. You can go thieving for a fix at any time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i just had to check if it was the citynet board i was on......you can have your handbags at ten paces over there girls

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    NORTHOFTHELEE

YOU TALK A GOOD ARGUEMENT-TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU

WHY DONT ALL THE EX-SHEDDIES COME BACK AND JOIN US, LETS MAKE IT A BTR ATMOSPHERE FOR EVERYONE
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
    If you don't like them then why not come up with new ones, or is that other peoples jobs? If you want improvement then you have to do it yourself.
    There are always new chants on the back of the fanzine but anytime someone starts one of the they are drowned out by some little fool who starts singing 'City til I die'.
    Anytime anyone starts singing anything original or unique they get idiots singing 'on your own'.
    It is pointless at this stage, last night nobody knew the words to most of the songs and even for the usual few songs only about a third of them were singing.
    Last edited by Colm; 11/01/2003 at 5:15 PM.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

The answer

The answer my friends, is simple

All of the people who are willing to sing, so stand together, that means not standing where you usually stand and move over by a bunch of lads who are willing to start a bit of craic and start singing. It will catch on fast enough and people who want to join in will folow, and if someone starts "on your own" tell them where to go and try and exclude them for the group, ... shun the b@stard.

If something like that doesn't happen then anyone that is hoping to walk into a game someday and find everything back to normal with everyone singing and dancing will find they'll be waiting for it for a long time.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: The answer

Originally posted by A face
    All of the people who are willing to sing, so stand together, that means not standing where you usually stand and move over by a bunch of lads who are willing to start a bit of craic and start singing. It will catch on fast enough and people who want to join in will folow
    Yeah, I think thats the way to do it. From the start of next season, the more vocal people in the Shed, the Corner Boys and anybody else who wants to sing should congregate in one spot... we could try that singers corner idea or we could all move to the St Annes end. It will be difficult to organise but if we spread the word people will follow.
    Leave the little scuts have the shed because, as much as I don't like saying it, the Shed is indeed dead!
    Last edited by Colm; 12/01/2003 at 1:27 PM.
    Champions!

thecorner

Re: The answer

Originally posted by A face
    The answer my friends, is simple

All of the people who are willing to sing, so stand together, that means not standing where you usually stand and move over by a bunch of lads who are willing to start a bit of craic and start singing. It will catch on fast enough and people who want to join in will folow, and if someone starts "on your own" tell them where to go and try and exclude them for the group, ... shun the b@stard.
    EH!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THEY R ALL OVER IN THE SINGERS CORNER