Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryanair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    I've just booked a flight home for the Christmas with SAS - 140 euros return. And that's why I like Ryanair - they've pushed everyone elses prices down.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post

I like the way they dont allocate seats, getting onto the plane is much quicker as you dont have some idiot that is three rows down deciding he has to stand in the aile to put his bags in the over head .
    I hate this to be honest, cant see why they dont load the planes row 10-20 1-10 with allocated seating, i would of thought it would be quicker

I dont understand why people dont clean up after themselves anyway
    Because people on the whole have damn all consideration for others and think the whole world revolves around them

You can easily fit 2 weeks worth of clothes into your hand luggage ,.
    Men could, women can barely fit a weekends worth of clothes into hand luggage, got stung for an extra £16 by Ryanair returning from Bratislava because of weight of luggage (OK for Aer Lingus and Sky Europe)

Still i think BMI baby was the best short haul airline ive ever flown with

I find Easy jet arent too bad

To sum up Ryanair wouldnt use them if I could help it /afford it but as has been mentioned before they are one of the reasons why flying is so cheap.

However if they are going to allow inflights calls i would try and avoid them like the plague. It is bad enough that the non entities switch their phones on as soon as the planes land and take an inane call. What the hell is wrong with 'I will call you back'

Also why do people insist in getting up as soon as the plane stops even if there is no room to stand in the ailse, so they stand there hunched, waiting for the door to open?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    Also why do people insist in getting up as soon as the plane stops even if there is no room to stand in the ailse, so they stand there hunched, waiting for the door to open?
    Because I'm 6 foot tall and haven't moved in 2 hours, being stuck in not very comfortable seats...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I use Ryan Air quite a bit, I go over and back to Ireland probably every other month and more for a couple of years when I was working for an Irish owned company.
    Once in all that time have I been stranded, Luton was closed for the return flight and I ended up flying to LHR with Aer Lingus & typically Ryan Air refunded me the cost of my original flight and not the €100 that my new flight cost me. Generally the flights are bang on time leaving and landing.
    O'Leary is probably not a nice guy, he's brobably not very pleasant to work for but there's not doubt that in terms of affordability his busniess has played a huge part in making airline travel accessible for more people. I personally think the service is great, you know what you're getting I wouldn't fly more than 1/2 hours max but I did a charter flight to the canaries recently and I've never been on a Ryan Air plane that was as old or uncomfortable.
    On the topic of their planes, I thought they had bought a whole pile of new planes in recent years, I have also heard (but don't know how much truth there is in) the urban myth about MOL calling Boeing & Airbus after 9/11 looking to pick up cheap planes after some other airlines had cancelled their orders.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I like the way they dont allocate seats, getting onto the plane is much quicker as you dont have some idiot that is three rows down deciding he has to stand in the aile to put his bags in the over head Part.
    The plane doesn't take off any quicker though, and you haven't factored in the people having to get into the middle seats, after everyone who's on their own has taken either an aisle or window seat.

I dont see why i should have to pay because some one else wants to bring a massive suitcase with them .
    Have charges actually come down? I see little or no difference, bar in Ryanairs profits. Even with the charge they don't give you the same bloody weight limit as the rest of the airlines.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has anybody any idea where in Ireland in would be possible to but hand luggage that is suitable for Ryanair. Would be very nady to have as I have been stung a few times with them and at least if i knew that I had a bag that could take the exact Ryanair limit it would be ideal.

Any ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    On the topic of their planes, I thought they had bought a whole pile of new planes in recent years, I have also heard (but don't know how much truth there is in) the urban myth about MOL calling Boeing & Airbus after 9/11 looking to pick up cheap planes after some other airlines had cancelled their orders.
    It's not that the planes are old. It's that the design is. This means they're pushing the envelope (or poking the dog with a stick would be a better metaphor) in terms of how much stress the airframe can take. We simply don't know. Multiple daily compressions and decompressions were not likely to have been anticipated when these planes were on the drawing board -that flies head on into the Ryanair philosophy that a plane is losing you money every minute it spends on the ground.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Because I'm 6 foot tall and haven't moved in 2 hours, being stuck in not very comfortable seats...
    so standing crounched beneath the overhead lockers as the aisle is full is more comfortable ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I have flown short haul with SAS, BMI, Cityjet & Ryanair in the past year & there is little difference between the lot. Its unfair to compare Ryanair with business or 1st class seats.

SAS are very good but not so punctual. They charge for food in economy & no cheap tickets.
    BMI also charge for food & but use large Airbus so lots of leg room on half emoty plane.
    Only Cityjet (aka Air France) give you "free food" in economy but no room for onboard luggage & abismal leg room because of small jets.
    Ryanair Dublin-Cork are great. Half the price of the train & half the journey time as well as good schedule if want to come back to Dublin early on Monday morning. Web check means can make flight arriving 30 minutes before takeoff. Even in Dublin you can skip most of the security as its an internal flight. Aer Lingus have no internal Irish flights except Shannon-Dublin.

I suspect the Boeing 737 is the most common aircraft in the world & probably the safest due to so many in the air? I am no aviation expert but I think all the Boeing electrics are new. The frame of airplane design has changed little in over 50 years anyway.

I don't think any one likes Ryanair selling crap onboard but put on the headphones & ignore them. The Boarding Gate A for Ryanair is a dump but I think the DAA have to take a lot of responsibility for that pre-frabricated structure. Its difficult to understate how much of a kip Dublin Airport is - cannot think of one redeeming feature.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teckno View Post
    Has anybody any idea where in Ireland in would be possible to but hand luggage that is suitable for Ryanair. Would be very nady to have as I have been stung a few times with them and at least if i knew that I had a bag that could take the exact Ryanair limit it would be ideal.

Any ideas
    think 15Kg is their limit, easyjet is 20kg, check the small print

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I suspect the Boeing 737 is the most common aircraft in the world & probably the safest due to so many in the air?
    Thats some nice logic you got there pete...

Ryanair's checked luggage limit is 15kgs, most others have 20kg. I know for a fact my hand luggage weighed more than this last time out
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    It's not that the planes are old. It's that the design is. This means they're pushing the envelope (or poking the dog with a stick would be a better metaphor) in terms of how much stress the airframe can take. We simply don't know. Multiple daily compressions and decompressions were not likely to have been anticipated when these planes were on the drawing board -that flies head on into the Ryanair philosophy that a plane is losing you money every minute it spends on the ground.
    Southwest has been using that business model for over 30 years.

Also, fuselages are pressurised and re-pressurised and stressed and de-stressed until they break as part of certification. The limits of airframes are well known.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Thats some nice logic you got there pete...
    I don't know the stats but safety is surely judged by number of planes/flights versus accidents...?

Most airline accidents seems to occur in the 3rd world on old planes with presumably less than perfect maintenance?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    saying accidents are more likely to happen on old planes is a world away from saying that the most popular planes MUST be the safest...
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    saying accidents are more likely to happen on old planes is a world away from saying that the most popular planes MUST be the safest...
    But if there's a lot of them and little history of accidents you can draw a conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    think 15Kg is their limit, easyjet is 20kg, check the small print
    If flying Ryanair be very very careful with your luggage allowances and make sure you weigh your bags before going to the airport , you are allowed

15k checked in baggage per person
    10k hand luggage per person
    everything elses is at 8euro a kilo, infants get no allowance but free buggy or travel cot.

If you pay for 3 bags you are still only allowed 15k ie 5k a bag.

If you have more than one person on the booking you are still only allowed the luggage allowances above each , if one person checked in a 20k bag and the other person checks in a 10k bag you will be charged 5k excess luggage.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred View Post
    If you have more than one person on the booking you are still only allowed the luggage allowances above each , if one person checked in a 20k bag and the other person checks in a 10k bag you will be charged 5k excess luggage.
    I'd actually forgotten that scam - hence why you see panic repacking at the front of the que at the airport. Other airlines take the booking as a whole.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    Ryanair is for skinflints and students, leave them at it. It's only a matter of time before one of their flights drops out of the sky anyway. Natural selection in the technology age.

As for O'Leary, his fans'll stop laughing with him when the joke is at their expense. He'll get round to everybody in time. Man's a weasel.

adam
    You know him then? IMO he should be running the country but he wouldnt do it for fear of ending up in a bureaucratic blender.

Rest of your post is rubbish. As already pointed out Ryanair have lowered prices all round. In 1987 it was £200 return to London.

Everyone has a Ryanair story but you get what you pay for. Had to smile coming back from Denmark when they were selling copies of the Indo for €2.

Try flying Aer Lingus to the states and there's not a lot of difference customer service wise.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop View Post
    Try flying Aer Lingus to the states and there's not a lot of difference customer service wise.
    In all fairness Aer Lingus service is top quality. And I've flown a fair few times to the US with them
    ---

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In all fairness Aer Lingus service is top quality. And I've flown a fair few times to the US with them
    You must have been drunk then. It's rubbish. Thankfully Delta next time.

KOH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast