Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ryanair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I just booked a flight into Derry for 4.50 each and the same price coming back from Knock. I've never had a problem with em so cannot complain, as someone who is 6 4" I do struggle with leg room but so long as I'm at the end of an aisle I'm fine.

Is O'Leary still talking about doing cheap flight to the U S of A?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    I just booked a flight into Derry for 4.50 each and the same price coming back from Knock.
    All in? So you're only paying €9?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Most of the stuff being complained about is more down to the people not reading the terms they agree to . You cant bring over 15 kg in your luggage then dont bring a bag over 15 kg its not rocket science . Ive never had a problem with late flights, in flight service, legroom ( im 6 2" ) and none of this stuff is exclusive to ryanair . They are there to make money , it costs them to have some one check in your bags and to load it onto the plane so it makes sense that you should pay this not me .I feel sorry for the staff they are paid very little and have to put up with a massive amount of crap from people that think they should be treated like royality because they have forked out 4 cent for there flight

The one and only problem i have is the Taxes and charges basically its what ever they want to make it as its not just taxes these charges can be anything they like . for example i was booking a flight it was 1 cent over 1 cent back for 2 of us i put it through 4 times ( in about 20 mins ) the 1 cent flight never changed but the taxes and charges went from 98 euro to 46 euro to 86 euro to 74 euro . And if you dont fly they have to refund you the tax but they are refusing to do this or charging an admin cost of 22 euro so it makes it pointless to chase up .

Now 74 euro for 2 to fly to the uk is still very cheap you cant get to dublin on the train for that and it would take longer .
    Last edited by anto1208; 09/10/2007 at 12:22 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    The one and only problem i have is the Taxes and charges basically its what ever they want to make it as its not just taxes these charges can be anything they like . for example i was booking a flight it was 1 cent over 1 cent back for 2 of us i put it through 4 times ( in about 20 mins ) the 1 cent flight never changed but the taxes and charges went from 98 euro to 46 euro to 86 euro to 74 euro . And if you dont fly they have to refund you the tax but they are refusing to do this or charging an admin cost of 22 euro so it makes it pointless to chase up .
    Sharp practice with regards the strange increase in charges. The Ryanair website is easy to use though & add-ons clearly marketat worst but we know they do it & still book with them. Do Aer Lingus refund taxes & charges?

Both the Ryanair & Aer Lingus websites are guilty of having Travel Insurance defaulted when booking flights. Personally I think the AL web site hides it more as at least with Ryanair its in the same section as the other add-ons such as luggage...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    One thing that strikes me with Pete's post - rather than competition we've effectively a cartel in operation with regard to charges for luggage, check in, sitting down, seat belts etc. What both Aer Lingus and Ryanair deem the cost of the flight to be bugger all, and then they have the same additional charge structure, so effectively the same product and the same cost? Competition eh?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    ...rather than competition we've effectively a cartel in operation...?
    Privatisation has not changed anything in terms of competition. I think 70-80% of all flights are either Aer Lingus or Ryanair. A threatened strike by AL staff should not have the capacity to affect the country so much.

The State runs the airports so has responsibility to attract new airlines into this country at all the airports. Privatisation of the airports would in theory be bad but I see no sign attracting new airlines while the state runs it.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Its at least €12 to buy 2 flights with a credit card alone...

As for attracting new airlines in, I can't see how its the responsibilty of the state. Surely if the airlines think they can make a profit, they'll come? We've a decent amount of international airlines serving Ireland (considering how tiny we are...)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The taxes are a pain but we can do nothing about them....but as for some of the other "extras" such as "Wheelchair levy"

I think once you have paid this three times you should be entitled to carry on your own wheelchair so you can have something to put your newspaper on now there are no seat back pockets!!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    BTW a friend of mine just booked him and wife on Dub-Cork route for 4 cent TOTAL. Not a single in taxes/charges...
    ---

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Hornet View Post
    The taxes are a pain but we can do nothing about them....
    No, but they're still part of the cost to you of flying. I think one of the consumer groups was only this week raising this issue. i.e. an advertised 1 cent flight is essentially still a €40 flight once you add in taxes and charges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    No, but they're still part of the cost to you of flying. I think one of the consumer groups was only this week raising this issue. i.e. an advertised 1 cent flight is essentially still a €40 flight once you add in taxes and charges.
    Normally but not in the case I mentioned above. They didn't even have a credit card charge...
    ---

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Normally but not in the case I mentioned above. They didn't even have a credit card charge...
    Must have been using one of those magic boxes - is there no end to what they can do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Just looked to do the same myself, and it worked

Magic boxes, as a general rule, rock
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    My biggest bugbear about Ryanair is not their inflight service or approach, as on many routes I can avoid this simply by not flying with them.

I am maddened by their attempts to stall Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport, all over a few euro in landing fees that they will pass onto their customers in any case and that likely won't have any downward impact on demand.

Also, Aer Lingus are just Ryanair-lite. If the Government were going to intervene in anything to do with AL, it should have been forcing them to remain in Oneworld.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Also, Aer Lingus are just Ryanair-lite. If the Government were going to intervene in anything to do with AL, it should have been forcing them to remain in Oneworld.
    They still have agreements with all oneworld airlines (bar the new entrant from Chile). That decision made sense to me
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds like a good deal at first but then you read the small print...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    BTW a friend of mine just booked him and wife on Dub-CORK route for 4 cent TOTAL.
    There's always a downside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    9 sterling so about 12 euros roughly. I couldn't get a taxi for that on a saturday night!!!

I think the deal ended last night but I didn't pay anything for the flight I just paid for 1 bag (hers!) to be checked in.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Another Ryanair bargain, 2p (Sterling) for a return flight from Stansted to Glasgow's version of Stansted (i.e. miles away from the city it claims to be in) for the 'B' international next month. Just got to build up the courage to get on the flight now after reading the predictions on this thread!
    Last edited by stiofain; 09/10/2007 at 7:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stiofain View Post
    Another Ryanair bargain, 2p (Sterling) for a return flight from Stansted to Glasgow's version of Stansted (i.e. miles away from the city it claims to be in) for the 'B' international next month. Just got to build up the courage to get on the flight now after reading the on this thread!
    Do they not determine the time for checks after the amount of landings also. Ryanairs aircraft are very modern nowadays. Wouldn't be unduly concerned.
    "Look at them. They're all out of step except my son Johnny"
    Mrs. Delaney

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ryanair are the cheapest and best way to fly any where. This is until you f**k up and arrive either 1 min late or without passport or put your mate down as John instead of Sean etc. Then you try to talk to someone who for 90% of the day gets abuse. They just dont hear you anymore but they have section 1 to 45 of the terms of conditions ready and waiting.

We went to Spain last year with my 3 year old and 31 weeks pregnant wife. I booked this week as their policy was after 32 weeks you needed a doctors letter, weight and name of the baby etc. On the way back at, 11 in the morning, 2 x 105 year old 3 foot spanish women brought my wifes condition to the attention of the staff at the boarding gate (ie, can t you leave them on first). They informed us that the 32 weeks had now become 28 weeks 1 month AFTER we had booked the flights. We were marched down the tarmac and had our bags removed. It took 5 mins to get the doctors letter faxed but they refused to re board us. The next flight was in 24 hours. They charged us 80 each for the 3 flights + 80 euro for to change my flight to the stag I was supposed to be going on that evening. 5 hours later and they were trying to get us a connection through London when someone came to us and apoligised but they had lost the faxed letter we had given them. Furthermore, they could not book us on a flight until we got the letter faxed again. As you can imagine, i lost the plot with my wife and son in bits stuck in an airport. They agreed to cancel all charges, fly us to Dublin that night and pay for the hire car to get to Shannon if we got the letter again. After a wad of abuse, i got the letter. As we got on the plane that night, they did not even look for our copy of the letter. The funny thing was that next day my wife admitted that she had taken the first letter off the counter in case they lost it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234