Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Holland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    if healy goes to villa and gets his game then,

holland, carsley, healy, kennedy, duff, delap, kinsella will all be playing top flight football, which is important, there are rumours that even kilbane might be snapped up too. regardless of how good or bad they are, we don't have too many options now, so at least let's have them playing ball at the top level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Are any of them playing on a team in the Champions league?..
    Nope.

Or that has any hope of Premiership Champion contention?
    Nope.

(not yet anyway)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    the champions league improved andy o'brien's game no end didn't it legend?

if a player is playing for a premiership outfit week in week out under a good manager he'll hopefully maintain a consistency of performance that we don't see when we drag players from the bench of their respective teams.

is there a huge difference between the practice shay given got conceeding two against juventus and six against man yoo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Re: Portsmouth

Originally posted by Ash
    Apparently Harry Redknapp is trying to bring him
    to Portsmouth for £1 million
    The most he is spending this summer is 300,000 on a player from Wimbeldon, this as of last Friday so ... no. Not true.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think the point that's being made is that awareness and vision is no good if you are sitting in the stand every saturday.(unless the seat is a long way back!)
    Healy needs to get a regular game, which Delap and Carsley were last season. If he does, it can only improve his game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    the champions league improved andy o'brien's game no end didn't it legend?
    My point being... playing week in, week out getting your ass kicked while playing for Wolves or Charlton isnt exactly going to grow your confidence.

At least Andy O Brien gets more experience playing against Top players and different styles.... in "theory" yes it should improve his game...

... it would for most people, don't you agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    my point was that they are playing at the top level every saturday, and that week in week out they will be playing against different teams and different styles and that the champions league isn't a prerequisite for good competition.

both wolves and charlton will play against champions league competitors a minimum of eight times next season at least.

imagine the player healy would be now with two seasons first team football under his belt, even if it was in the scottish league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    from www.eleven-a-side.com (on a related note)

Mel Stein, the agent of Irish international star Colin Healy, admits he is shocked by the apparent lack of interest in the player, who becomes a free agent when his contract at Celtic runs out next week.

Stein has been canvassing clubs south of the border seeking to find a suitable employer for the Cork lad, but apart from expressions of interest shown Premiership trio Leeds United, Aston Villa and Everton and First Division Sunderland, no firm offer has yet been made for the 23-year-old’s services.

And Stein, well-known in football circles, is surprised that no-one has yet come in with an offer for his client.

"I’m surprised that only Villa, Everton and Sunderland have been in touch in recent times," said Stein. "I really can’t understand it. Colin is keeping Premiership players out of the Irish team and I can’t believe other clubs are hesitating over a move for him.

"I’m waiting on a call from Villa and hopefully we can move things on soon."

anyone else surprised by this.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Smacks of Agents desperation to drum up some interest in his client. Healy would be better off going to a club where he will be guaranteed 30 games a season even if it is in the first division.

Kinsella needs to get back in the frame at Villa and unless Joey Gudjonnsen signs there's every chance he will.

Hollands move should see him get back to his best, Delap is too injury prone for my liking and Carsley has come full circle from being the villian against Turkey a few years back he looks like he could be the man!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    729 Posts
    Originally posted by R&T Flanders
    Smacks of Agents desperation to drum up some interest in his client. Healy would be better off going to a club where he will be guaranteed 30 games a season even if it is in the first division.

Kinsella needs to get back in the frame at Villa and unless Joey Gudjonnsen signs there's every chance he will.

Hollands move should see him get back to his best, Delap is too injury prone for my liking and Carsley has come full circle from being the villian against Turkey a few years back he looks like he could be the man!!

Joey Gudjonnsen is apparently not going to be signed by Villa according to Doug Ellis (Villa chairbeing), so Kinsella's got a crack at it next season. Hell, if Batty can get a game under DaveO then surely Mark can.

Carsley's surprised me this year - I didn't think he had it in him. I'd like to see him and Healy get a few games together in the middle - they could be a good partnership for a couple of years.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Joey Gud.. doesn't sign (and who are we to douby Deadly Doug) Healy might get a look in too, I know Villa released Ian Taylor and Leonhardsen at the end of last season so they're not exactly brimming over with decent central midfielders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    729 Posts
    Originally posted by R&T Flanders
    If Joey Gud.. doesn't sign (and who are we to douby Deadly Doug) Healy might get a look in too, I know Villa released Ian Taylor and Leonhardsen at the end of last season so they're not exactly brimming over with decent central midfielders.
    I'm struggling to think of any others. Gareth Barry, in a pinch. Lee Hendry... in a pinch. Am I missing any? That young German bloke?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hitzberger? I think he played against the U21's a couple of weeks back. There's the Morrocans Kachloul & Hadji who can play there at a push but no real ball winners in there.

Barry's been playing left side of midfield, be intresting to see how Dave'O does without much money and a very average squad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Holland is a t*ss*r and i think we'd be better off seeing the back of him.
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    729 Posts
    Originally posted by Cityace
    Holland is a t*ss*r and i think we'd be better off seeing the back of him.
    Exactly what has he done to raise your bile? I'm not his biggest fan (when he's in green anyway) but I struggle to think of anything to merit calling him a tosser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Come on guys he had a great world cup. What's the problem - he hasn't been the best lately but he hasn't had a break either - plays every week. Still don't have too many options in central midfield although hopefully Healy will get a club soon.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Originally posted by gspain
    Come on guys he had a great world cup. What's the problem - he hasn't been the best lately but he hasn't had a break either - plays every week. Still don't have too many options in central midfield although hopefully Healy will get a club soon.

As Healy is a free agent, does anyone else on here think its a bit strange that he hasn't been snapped up, a few half hearted attempts by Everton,Villa and Sunderland but nothing else.

'Tabloid rumour' last year was that his off the field habits weren't quite in the mould of an international footballer (Charlie etc etc....)

Its not as if anyone would have to pay a signing on fee now, something doesn't seem right on this one. any views?

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Originally posted by Junior
    any views?
    He's over-rated in Ireland maybe? He's not overly blessed with flair or pace. I suppose he's in the same mould as Holland and Kinsella but they've hardly played with the giants of the English game either. Healy will find his level I'd imagine but I don't know if it'll be in the Premiership to be honest (and I know he was excellent against Georgia but that doesn't really prove much)
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    729 Posts
    His agent seemed to be digging around for offers. Maybe his wage demands are too high? Clubs are poor this year.

Poor he says.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think with a bit of luck we could have an amazing midfield in a few years time.

Healy if he can find himself a premier or good 1st division side

Seán Thornton is a great great player, seen him a good few times now at underage for Ireland, he ran the show each time. He broke into the Sunderland team towards the end of the season.

Liam Miller is another good hope if he can get away from Celtic

Duff on the left

Reid on the right
    Oh no not them again

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast