Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its for yellow cards as his euro ben is 4 games in europe plus a large fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    If the SDCC would get their act together...

It's not so much this game that bothers Rovers fans, it's this undercurrent of SDCC getting in the way of what should have been done throughout this season.
    So basically the SDCC could act the c*nt with ye and renege on signing a lease and Shams could be homeless yet again??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    So basically the SDCC could act the c*nt with ye and renege on signing a lease and Shams could be homeless yet again??!
    Again? Sure they still are homeless, always will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan View Post
    Again? Sure they still are homeless, always will be.
    I know, but you have to laugh at how up their own arse they got when they finally moved to their new "home"!! This whole incident just shows how much say they really have there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    For those that can't make it, Shams 'home' matches are usually streamed here.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35...a-srfc-webcast
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post

"The webcast will consist of live audio commentary and live video coverage of all set pieces."

That's a bit odd
    "Overwhelmed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post

Not so bad.. the boss will hopefully have the Gah streamed into work through the laptop, straight over to Tolka after!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Didn't get to this one but it seems it was all over by half time. From the few reports I heard we didn't play too badly. The fact is that without a genuine centre half we couldn't have hoped for anything better.
    Rock bottom now with Bray. Pats next weekend is one we can win though if Peers returns and Kendrick can slot in beside him. They're no great shakes and we have to start getting results from somewhere. Time is running out for us and confidence must be at a low ebb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rovers Line up according to RTE:

Sligo Rovers: 1 Richard Brush; 2 Jason Noctor, 3 Shaun Holmes, 4 Alan Keane, 5 Ger Rafter; 6 Christopher Kelly, 7 Brian Cash, 8 Romauld Boco, 9 Matthew Blinkhorn, 10 Rob Turner, 11 Dean Marshall. Substitutes not used: 12 Rafael Cretaro, 13 Gavin Peers, 14 Danny Keohane, 17 Ciaran Kelly.

It would be interesting to get a sum of appearances for Sligo Rovers for this entire team - My guess approx 200?????
    "Overwhelmed"

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Take out Brush and it'd be about 100!

We were just as good as them first half, then gave away two goals stupidly. The second goal especially, rubbish defending.

For the team we had out, it was a good performance. Blinkhorn looks a good player and up front with Raf would be a good combination. Third goal, they walked through us. If we had a few more players available , definitely could have taken something from the game. Rafter showed some good touches and Marshall also looks OK.

If we had our full team available for the season so far, we'd be up the top of the league. If's and but's though...basically we're the worst team in the division. Suppose it is another one to write off.

Felt very disillusioned at full-time, a couple of pints maybe the reason I'm a bit more optimistic now but next week is a new start....we say that most weeks but this time we have a reason. We'll have Ventre, Ryan, Cretaro, Kendrick, Doyle and O'Grady back definitely. Not sure about Feeney and Peers but with them in the team we should have no problem avoiding defeat against Pat's.

Keep on Mole-ing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    not long back from Tolka...always make a point of NOT coming on here to criticse players..kinda hard tonight....in fairness there was 6 either new or young players in the line up and condsidering shams form lately it was always going to be a tough game..with Raf,Peers,Conor and Ventre back in the team and a little more time for for the new lads to settle in there is plenty to be hopeful about.........am a big believer in the saying if your good enough your old enough and i think tonights game proved a few things.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

we are in a dog fight now . no question about it. it will take time for these new players to familiarise themselves with each other. its all about the management skills of paul & gerry now. keeping the players morale up and keeping them focused. the problem now is we are going play a number of games in the next few weeks that create a situation where we must not lose. we now have to stay in touch with the teams above us until these new players begin to gel in. financially we are heading for a crisis as i said before we are beginning to loose some of the hard core support & playing games on a sunday does not help as the gates are bady effected. our only lifeline at the moment is the annual draw so let everybody out there give a hand by either buying the tickets or helping to sell them. i have 50 books the tickets are e10 each. my number is 087 2388215 (m ichael clancy) i posted my number on the board last week but only got 1 reply. come on lads this is your time to show how good supporters yee are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Every week we're saying oh we have injuries and suspensions,when we get everyone back it'll be grand. Lads we are in a relegation battle here and its time to start getting points on the board. Losing becomes a habit and we can't afford to keep hiding behind the excuse of injuries.We need the lads that are brought in to step up and replace these injured players,saying ah we couldn't expect any more with the team we had out etc is only leading us one place!

This is not the time to start panicking though,one win could turn everything around. Hard to see where its going to come from at the moment but i have a lot of faith in cookie and hopefully the new players will help turn things around.

Presuming we stay up a clearout is needed at the end of the season. Too many players there that are not good enough to play for sligo rovers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

ok. my post is not meant in any way to have a go at anybody on this forum. what i am looking for is maybe some people to take a few books & sell the tickets. at the end of the day it is people like you and i who will have to do the fundraising. personally i feel we can still turn it around. we are in the semi final of the league cup & we are playing derry at home in the cup. surely this is enough of an incentive to keep backing the club. we have being unluck with injuries especially with our defence but we must keep things turning over. next weekends game is of huge importance.we will have kendrick and a few more players back. if we can get peers back soon that will make a significant difference. in the main the majority of people who post on this forum have rovers at heart and ultimately will back the club. so keep the faith
    and lets give it one more big push and help the club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Without wanting to start an argument, why is the onus always put on us when the club needs money?

So many people on this forum last year put in time, effort and not to mention money towards keeping us going last year, and for the whole Cook debacle at the start of this season and now we're just expected to go out and do it once again?

I'm sick of hearing "C'mon lads, show how good supporters ye are because we have no money again" as if it's nearly our fault we're in a mess.

We should not to prove how "good" we are, in this way, time after time again.

in fairness though at least we get something back from supporting the club where as the government are asking us every week to do the same to bail out the banks and what did them fookers ever do for us only charge us money. we are a club who will have to raise money prob every year as we dont get enough funding and attendances. it sh1tty i know and annoying the onus always on the fans and we have enough money worries but when ya come out of the showgies like we did after beating cork in the cup ya gotta admit its all worth it !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    We were the better team in the 1st half, just got dealt two killer blows at the end of it. Blinkhorn looks good, looking forward to seeing him up front with Raf. Thought the Giraffe did well too. Shams fans singing they're going to win the league.

With a load of players back next week, we should be beating Pat's.
    Last edited by sligoman; 19/07/2009 at 2:58 PM.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Wasn't at the game but I had fun messing with the Shams fans in the ustream chatroom the game was shown in.

So easy..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Shams 3 Shambles 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Shams 3 Shambles 1
    Thats quality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Shams 3 Shambles 1
    Homeless 3-1 Rovers...I assume that's what you meant.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast