Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ins and outs

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    820 Posts

Ins and outs

I was going to wait until the end of the season to start this thread but after the Derry game there has been alot of talk about players like byrne and freeman and whether they should stay or go so who do you want to be in next seasons squad?

Outs: Aaron Shanahan (I think it would be best for both player and club if he moved on as he's simply not been the player he was last season and I'm sure he won't Want to be a number 2 so we should just be happy we got 2 years out of him)

freeman ( I'm sure I'm not the only one)
    hynes ( hasn't worked hard enough and never will)
    Gary cronnin (adds nothing to the team)
    craig walsh ( very unimpressive but even if we wanted him to stay I doubt rovers would let us)

I know alot of you have been very critical of byrne as has my best mate but I still think he's top class and worth another season also I really want us to keep victor as he's become a bit of a crowd favorite and the rest of the lads deserve another season but can we keep them that's the question? I reckon lester and glynn will go as for the rest who knows.

Too early yet to be talking about Ins so what the rest of ye think?
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I was going to wait until the end of the season to start this thread but after the Derry game there has been alot of talk about players like byrne and freeman and whether they should stay or go so who do you want to be in next seasons squad?

Outs: Aaron Shanahan (I think it would be best for both player and club if he moved on as he's simply not been the player he was last season and I'm sure he won't Want to be a number 2 so we should just be happy we got 2 years out of him)

freeman ( I'm sure I'm not the only one)
    hynes ( hasn't worked hard enough and never will)
    Gary cronnin (adds nothing to the team)
    craig walsh ( very unimpressive but even if we wanted him to stay I doubt rovers would let us)

I know alot of you have been very critical of byrne as has my best mate but I still think he's top class and worth another season also I really want us to keep victor as he's become a bit of a crowd favorite and the rest of the lads deserve another season but can we keep them that's the question? I reckon lester and glynn will go as for the rest who knows.

Too early yet to be talking about Ins so what the rest of ye think?
    Oh sweet jesus! You said it at the end, it's too early to talking about ins and outs. There are 6 games to go and a lot can happen in those few games, sure look what's happened in the last few weeks. Eh looking through your list, that was the quickest two years Shanahan has been with us, felt like a year oh wait it has been a year, sure he only joined us towards the end of last season. He has slipped in form, Im sure he knows that himself and suddenly you're happy to see him go, eh it wasn't too long back since he got Player of the Month and helped us pick up points in Derry and Shels, actually did more than help us in those games. Fair play to Conlon he has taken his chance last night but the week before against Shels he wasn't convincing. I do recall you didn't have much time for him, dodgy was it you called him. Anyway, forget about who should stay and who should go and worry about how many points we can pick up in the next few games and finish ahead of Athlone, again.. Amen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    511 Posts
    outspoken has to be the most fickle person i have ever come across

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    820 Posts
    I said it was to early to talk abouts Ins not outs and it's not to early to say the likes of freeman is crap and should be let go I'm simply expressing an opinion that's what forums are for sure in the Derry thread people are talking about players we need to keep and players who should go so I was simply starting a thread in which we could discuss the matter so if ya don't like it don't comment on it simple as that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I said it was to early to talk abouts Ins not outs and it's not to early to say the likes of freeman is crap and should be let go I'm simply expressing an opinion that's what forums are for sure in the Derry thread people are talking about players we need to keep and players who should go so I was simply starting a thread in which we could discuss the matter so if ya don't like it don't comment on it simple as that
    How are people supposed to express their views on something if they cant comment on it. You gave your opinion, I gave mine. Isnt that what its all about. You make suggestions about ins and outs, then say it's too early to talk about it, defeats the purpose really! That's what I was commenting on. I also pointed out a few facts to you. As long as theres a forum here I'll comment on something I feel like commenting on, whether I like it or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    820 Posts
    Your still saying I said it's to early to talk about INS AND outs but I've told you already I ONLY said it's too early to talk about INS hence the reason I didn't mention any possible signings so would anybody else like to take a pop while were at it cause that's all this forum seems to be for taking cheap shots and it's keeping people from signing up for this forum I know severals who refuse to come on here because of the stupid bickering about other supporters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Your still saying I said it's to early to talk about INS AND outs but I've told you already I ONLY said it's too early to talk about INS hence the reason I didn't mention any possible signings so would anybody else like to take a pop while were at it cause that's all this forum seems to be for taking cheap shots and it's keeping people from signing up for this forum I know severals who refuse to come on here because of the stupid bickering about other supporters.
    Take a chill pill. You made a comment, I commented on it. It's a discussion forum, hence discussion.. Rename it outs or something else if that's what you want to talk about. I was merely commmenting on a few of the things you brought up. Maybe you weren't happy with something I said but I was giving my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    820 Posts
    INS will be discussed as the season draws to an end so I will not rename it. Anyway let's leave it there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    INS will be discussed as the season draws to an end so I will not rename it. Anyway let's leave it there.
    At least we can agree thank god we're not Athlone, their ins and outs would take more than a few pages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Byrne, Vik, Freeman should be the first 3 let go.
    Conlon and Shanahan should as well.
    If we kept the rest and brought in a new goal keeper, right full and a decent centre back, id be delighted with that going in to next season.

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabs88 View Post
    Byrne, Vik, Freeman should be the first 3 let go.
    Conlon and Shanahan should as well.
    If we kept the rest and brought in a new goal keeper, right full and a decent centre back, id be delighted with that going in to next season.
    I read in one of todays papers that Athlone Town have used a frightenly huge amount of players in the last two to three seasons.. I cant remember the exact figure but its well over 50..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I read in one of todays papers that Athlone Town have used a frightenly huge amount of players in the last two to three seasons.. I cant remember the exact figure but its well over 50..
    Ye they have indeed I think the figure I seen was closer to the 70 mark that's outrageous tbf. I don't think place is a well liked manager probably because of his extramley strict rules. In the athlone dressing room there's a list of fines up for players it's 5 euro for not wearing your flip flops into the showers , 20 quid for use of phone in the dressing room and 25 quid if your late for a team meeting and so on.
    Last edited by outspoken; 19/09/2010 at 7:41 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    never mind athlone marty im talkin about the town (Longford) and the players that are not good enough for us..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Ye they have indeed I think the figure I seen was closer to the 70 mark that's outrageous tbf. I don't think place is a well liked manager probably because of his extramley strict rules. In the athlone dressing room there's a list of fines up for players it's 5 euro for not wearing your flip flops into the showers , 20 quid for use of phone in the dressing room and 25 quid if your late for a team meeting and so on.
    in fairness every single club has these rules,its a bit of discpline and there is nothing strang about any of this, mobile phones should never ever be brought into a dressing room and never mind a fine, you should be thrown out if you have a mobile swithced on in the dressing room! the flip flops are basically health and safety, nearly all players would have athletes foot, common sense to make every one wear flip flops!

and id happy if we got victor the hell out of the etam, useless, the lad needs a map to try and figure out where he should be on a pitch, he doesnt have a clue, misses 99% of his headers and tackles and is a consistant weak link in the team! look at derry friday night, every attack went down his side, he didnt stop one corner coming in at all, terrible!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Out: everybody
    In: the Spain world cup squad

One of the most irresponsible threads in a while
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky77 View Post
    Out: everybody
    In: the Spain world cup squad

One of the most irresponsible threads in a while
    Irresponsible? Has he not got his seat-belt on?
    Sporting F*ck All!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    At least we can agree thank god we're not Athlone, their ins and outs would take more than a few pages
    sorry cabs I quoted the wrong message I was trying to make the point of Athlone towns difficulties that was all in relation to the above..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?