Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: ronan seery some nerve calling us scum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ronan seery some nerve calling us scum

your chairman caused the trouble last nite not city fans he has some nerve only one thing thing to say to your chairman going down going down going down and he should be grateful for us city fans helping out with your rent last nite cause your own fans are sure as hell not paying it
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Sheridan
    Rocky's remarks were a bit intemperate, but he's basically in the right here. To begin with, Cork City's fans were (and yes, a majority of them, sad as it is to say) by far the most loutish, ill-behaved and juvenile bunch of tossers we've had visit us this season (but then, that's hardly a surprise to anyone who frequents this board.) Even the knacker kids at Inchicore behave in a more mature fashion. Rovers, for all their repuation as trouble-makers, didn't cause a single problem when we played them.

I think the blame (amongst those in the ground with actively functioning brains, that is) lies primarily with the stewards. I'm not sure who's responsible for stewarding at DCFC games, but if it's Shels, then their failure to provide an appropriate response doesn't surprise me in the least.

Barry Ryan had missiles thrown at him from the New Stand during our last match with Shels and received no protection from the match officials or stewards. In the circumstances, there was absolutely no justification for their failure to remove Cork City fans, many of them evidently under the influence of alcohol, all of them hurling foul-mouthed abuse (grounds for expulsion in any stadium in the country; an over-reaction? My mate was almost thrown out last night for PUTTING HIS FEET ON THE SEAT IN FRONT OF HIM), from the area immediately behind Barry's goal, around two feet from the player himself. This was a clear security risk and should have been addressed immediately (incidentally, I wish the wounded innocents who were at the game would get their story straight; some say Barry found their abuse hillarious, others say he threatened them physically.)

As I left the ground, I was accosted, harrassed and manhandled by a bunch of the grunting Neanderthals who'd been behind the goal, and were hanging around shouting abuse at the DC players as they warmed down (no excuse for that, even the "supporting my team" bullsh*t doesn't cover that kind of gratuitous thuggishness) and looking for trouble. They were very, very lucky that it was me (in a reflective mood) they picked on, because anyone with a less even temperament would have punched their f*cking lights out.

BTW, the match report was written by a journalist who works for a national newspaper and has witnessed crowd behaviour at stadia all over the world. Rocky has been in the LoI for years and has taken all kinds of abuse from fans for years (although he still shouldn't have waded into the crowd, the stewards should have handled that. Had I seen him go in, I would have followed in order to calm him down/back him up.) Scumbags? Maybe not, in the sense that they weren't violent (except, arguably, towards me.) Mouthy pr*cks with a mental age of ten? Definitely.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    Rocky's remarks were a bit intemperate, but he's basically in the right here. To begin with, Cork City's fans were (and yes, a majority of them, sad as it is to say) by far the most loutish, ill-behaved and juvenile bunch of tossers we've had visit us this season (but then, that's hardly a surprise to anyone who frequents this board.)
    How is that? What did City fans do? There was nothing thrown, nobody hit anyone, no seats broken or anything?

I think the blame (amongst those in the ground with actively functioning brains, that is) lies primarily with the stewards. I'm not sure who's responsible for stewarding at DCFC games, but if it's Shels, then their failure to provide an appropriate response doesn't surprise me in the least.
    Yes. I was surprised to see that the stewards allowed people to drink in the ground, but they did. I was surprised that City fans were not told to go to a certain desginated section. But ultimately Seery is in charge of the club and therefore in charge of security and the blame lies squarely at his feet in the end.

Barry Ryan had missiles thrown at him from the New Stand during our last match with Shels and received no protection from the match officials or stewards.
    whats that got to with us? we didn't throw anything at him.

In the circumstances, there was absolutely no justification for their failure to remove Cork City fans, many of them evidently under the influence of alcohol, all of them hurling foul-mouthed abuse (grounds for expulsion in any stadium in the country;
    Why did they let them in so? Because it was the only way they could actually get money at the gate? They were doing nothing worse than what happens at any ground anywhere in the world- or at least any ground with a crowd?

My mate was almost thrown out last night for PUTTING HIS FEET ON THE SEAT IN FRONT OF HIM), from the area immediately behind Barry's goal, around two feet from the player himself. This was a clear security risk and should have been addressed immediately
    Thats crazy, you should get your stewarding sorted out. There was no security risk at all, no-one made any attempt to touch Ryan- it was just banter.

incidentally, I wish the wounded innocents who were at the game would get their story straight; some say Barry found their abuse hillarious, others say he threatened them physically
    he actually did both. I saw him clap City fans as he left the pitch, but later discovered that he challenged one to a fight as he was going into the dressing rooms. I said good luck to him as I was going out and he replied. Maybe he's schizo- drugs can do that to you

As I left the ground, I was accosted, harrassed and manhandled by a bunch of the grunting Neanderthals who'd been behind the goal, and were hanging around shouting abuse at the DC players as they warmed down (no excuse for that, even the "supporting my team" bullsh*t doesn't cover that kind of gratuitous thuggishness) and looking for trouble. They were very, very lucky that it was me (in a reflective mood) they picked on, because anyone with a less even temperament would have punched their f*cking lights out.
    I didn't see that (was probably putting flags away or something) but that kind of thing shouldn't happen. Find it hard to believe that City fans WOULD behave like that, but their mood was undoubtedly fuelled by the behaviour of Seery, nevertheless, nobody should be bothered if they're just going about their business.

BTW, the match report was written by a journalist who works for a national newspaper and has witnessed crowd behaviour at stadia all over the world.
    who? he obviously doesn't have the balls to put his name to the report. and if he has witnessed what you say then he's lying through his teeth- or more likely, seery is telling him what to say

Rocky has been in the LoI for years and has taken all kinds of abuse from fans for years (although he still shouldn't have waded into the crowd, the stewards should have handled that. Had I seen him go in, I would have followed in order to calm him down/back him up.)
    he shouldn't have. HE was in the wrong. HE could have caused war by his actions. Had you followed him, you would have been an idiot.

Scumbags? Maybe not, in the sense that they weren't violent (except, arguably, towards me.) Mouthy pr*cks with a mental age of ten? Definitely.
    Scumbags- no. Fella's with a justifiable sense of grievance over the actions of an agressive little ***** on an ego trip overreacting? Just maybe.

thecorner
    sheridan...take your blinkers off or a second...we wee never gonna cause trouble up there last night

bit of banter...barry gets the same at the cross and he will keep on getting it.

oh wait,he probably wont...seeing as ye will be back where ye belong in the 1st divison

ur chairman is just a little ****e and for his fcuking wife joining in...what a joke

its obvious the stewards and the shels "heavy man" knew that we were doing nothing wrong cos if we were we would have been ejected

so if u have a problem with seeing great fans at "shels ground ",thats ur own business

enjoy the first division

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sheridan in Cork we call this SOCCER
    Sheridan in Cork you are supposed to support your team
    Sheridan in Cork people shout at players (both sides)
    Sheridan in Cork you'd be known as a.....

L_anger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sheridan I neither have the time nor desire to respond to each of your posts individually but I will say the following.

I'm sure you were appalled by our behaviour (even though we did nothing wrong) because it's not often you get to see what football fans behave like. Yes we were having a laugh, supporting our team and giving stick to Barry Ryan but that was it. No pitch invasion, no missiles thrown, no fights, nothing. In fact I don't think we've been so unbelievably well behaved all season!
    Sheridan, my advice to you is to go and support Rovers or Bohs or someone and enjoy supporting a team with a bunch of lads who want to have a laugh. You'll quickly forget any alliegances you have to Seery's franchise.

By the way Sheridan, lose the intellectually superior attitude. It's doing you no favours and just makes you appear as a stuck up prat.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    503 Posts
    I won't tolerate club supporters going into other forums just to taunt, bitch and moan. If you want to discuss an issue like this in general, do it in General. And drop the antagonism!

adam