Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Disgusted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I'm Disgusted.

I know I won't be very popular for saying this but - IN A WAY - I was disgusted to see people smiling and cheering Kevin Doyle last night. Let me explain. Ollie Cahill left the club a number of seasons ago and got dog's abuse for doing so. Yes - he left for $hel$, but had his reasons (they were miles ahead of us at the time and he was virtually guaranteed silverware). At the end of the day, he left for a rival club at a higher level and was abused. Kevin Doyle did the same and got praise. Yes, yes, I know that Reading aren't in DIRECT competition with us, but we could draw them in European Competition, could we not??? It's the typical Irish attitude: a player leaves for an eL club, he's a judas, but a player leaves for a MIGHTY english club and he's just doing it for his career . The fact is; Kevin Doyle has been disloyal and abandoned us mid-season.

So I'm not gonna say good luck to him. I didn't to Ollie Cahill.

Rant over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anti dub
    Yes, yes, I know that Reading aren't in DIRECT competition with us, but we could draw them in European Competition, could we not???
    Reading wont be playing in Europe unless they win the League Cup or FA Cup, and thats hardly going to happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Don't give me this "it'll never happen" sh*t. It COULD. My point is that they are a rival club - FACT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Don't give me this "it'll never happen" sh*t. It COULD. My point is that they are a rival club - FACT!
    I will guarantee you now that Cork City will not play Reading in a competitive game within the next 3 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    you're missing the point. I'm merely pointing out that such a situation COULD occur (ie. making them a RIVAL club).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    you're missing the point. I'm merely pointing out that such a situation COULD occur (ie. making them a RIVAL club).
    I know it COULD occur but its highly, highly, highly unlikely that such a situation will occur thus not making Reading a direct rival club.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I know I won't be very popular for saying this but - IN A WAY - I was disgusted to see people smiling and cheering Kevin Doyle last night. Let me explain. Ollie Cahill left the club a number of seasons ago and got dog's abuse for doing so. Yes - he left for $hel$, but had his reasons (they were miles ahead of us at the time and he was virtually guaranteed silverware). At the end of the day, he left for a rival club at a higher level and was abused. Kevin Doyle did the same and got praise. Yes, yes, I know that Reading aren't in DIRECT competition with us, but we could draw them in European Competition, could we not??? It's the typical Irish attitude: a player leaves for an eL club, he's a judas, but a player leaves for a MIGHTY english club and he's just doing it for his career . The fact is; Kevin Doyle has been disloyal and abandoned us mid-season.

Rant over.
    I can understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't agree at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    I know it COULD occur but its highly, highly, highly unlikely that such a situation will occur thus not making Reading a direct rival club.
    I don't seem to be getting through to you. Let's suppose it NEVER happens. They still are a rival club. Every club in the world is, as you could play any of them (even in a friendly...etc...).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I don't seem to be getting through to you. Let's suppose it NEVER happens. They still are a rival club. Every club in the world is, as you could play any of them (even in a friendly...etc...).
    I understand your point totally. I guess what I'm trying to say is what Éanna said. I know what your point is but I just dont agree with it.

btw, love your sig anti dub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    yours ain't too bad either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    yours ain't too bad either
    cheers. Theres no better feeling than beeting that judas bastárd [SIZE=1]*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]*well, winning trophies is good aswell[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I dunno ... there is different sentiment there now for Doyler, maybe because Doyler gave 100% nearly every game but Ollie played well when the planets were aligned correctly for him. Also Ollie when leaving got a few dig in at the fans and club in newspapers etc. [SIZE=1](príck !!)[/SIZE] Whereas Doyler has been a legend in fairness. And Doyler has done more for the club in his 2.5 years than Ollie ever did !!

The only thing i am gutted over is the part that the fat man played in it !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    I dunno ... there is different sentiment there now for Doyler, maybe because Doyler gave 100% nearly every game but Ollie played well when the planets were aligned correctly for him. Also Ollie when leaving got a few dig in at the fans and club in newspapers etc. [SIZE=1](príck !!)[/SIZE] Whereas Doyler has been a legend in fairness. And Doyler has done more for the club in his 2.5 years than Ollie ever did !!

The only thing i am gutted over is the part that the fat man played in it !!
    Yeah, I'd agree with ya there. I was fed up of Ollie even before he left, the fact that he went to shels just made it worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    I too am disgusted with fat pat's role in the whole thing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cahills critisism of us City fans (particularly The Shed) before he left burnt his bridges - he was NEVER gonna be accepted back with open arms after that.

Leaving for $hel$ is enough to be slated anyway

Doyler was a different kettle of fish though. He clearly loved his time here in Paradise. He was very unassuming and was quiet simply the best player to have played for us (or any other club for that matter).

He is gone, however, so let's move on now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah, get real would ya. The boy has a chance to earn great money in a top league and go on to build a great career for himself. He'd be absolutely mad not to take his chance.

If you were offered two, three, four times your salary to go to a new job, with 10 times the career prospects and all that, I suppose you'd turn it down out of loyalty to the lads? Not a chance. Or maybe you'd wait until the end of the accounting year out of loyalty and hope the opportunity was still there for you? Get real. He's a professional and he's doing the professional thing. Best of luck to him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcolers
    Ah, get real would ya. The boy has a chance to earn great money in a top league and go on to build a great career for himself. He'd be absolutely mad not to take his chance.
    I'd agree with the rest of your post but Reading are in a "top league"???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    I'd agree with the rest of your post but Reading are in a "top league"???

Relatively speaking, yeah its a top league. Only one division away from one of the world's best...A great opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    So what you're saying is the the Premiersh*t is the "world's best"??? Give me a break, I wouldn't put it in the top 3 FFS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    So what you're saying is the the Premiersh*t is the "world's best"??? Give me a break, I wouldn't put it in the top 3 FFS!

It's defo on a par with Spain and Italy, what other league is better than them ? don't even think of saying France or Germany, that will just make you look silly !

Doyle was offered a FANTASTIC chance to further his career, which Cork (or any other Irish club) could NOT offer him. The standard of football is much higher, hence will hopefully make him a better player meaning a possible full international call up or regular place in the Irish squad etc..... Cork cannot offer that. The Cahill and Doyle transfers are quite different IMO.

As someone said, if you were offered the chance to further your career with a company in the same field as your present one but they are a much bigger outfit, more professional and very well organised, while at the same time (probably) quadrupling or even more your wages. Would you turn that down ?

Personally i wish the bloke all the best, i would wish EVERY single Irish young lad going to England/Scotland or where ever it may be all the best in there careers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast