Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just announced on Newstalk - Rovers future at Dalymount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Just announced on Newstalk - Rovers future at Dalymount

Main points of statement just read out:

Bohemians condemn the action of some Rovers spectators after the game Friday night.

Extensive damage caused to seating and advertising hoardings.

Use of Dalymount to be decided by the Bohemians Committee on a match by match basis after the game against Fanad this weekend.

Any more trouble of any kind by Rovers spectators and the Committee will meet to decide whether eviction notices are to be served
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bottlers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Good enough for Rovers

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    from what I understand, a sizeable amount of rovers fans don't want to stay in dalymount anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Statement in full:

Newstalk106 can exclusively reveal that Bohemians have issued Shamrock Rovers with a stark warning over the use of Dalymount Park, after the crowd trouble which marred last Friday's clash with Bohs. The Bohs board met this evening. They condemned the actions of some Rovers fans, claiming they their actions endangered the opposition supporters as well as the players who were warming down on the pitch, and that significant damage was done to seating and advertising hoarding around the pitch. Rovers will be allowed to use the stadium for Sunday's FAI Cup game against Fanad, but after that game, the use of the stadium by Rovers will be decided "on a match-by-match basis." A spokesman added that if there is any more serious trouble involving Rovers fans, then Bohs will have to consider their position very carefully.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    from what I understand, a sizeable amount of rovers fans don't want to stay in dalymount anyway
    Do they not realise that if they get thrown out, other clubs might not take them in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    Do they not realise that if they get thrown out, other clubs might not take them in
    Indeed, I think they want to go back to Santry though.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DE TOWN
    they were talking about moving back out to santry, to the morton stadium, from what I've read on their forum, they'd have no problems getting in there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I suppose they could get in there. If they went looking to another eL club to share grounds though, I'd say they would be told where to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bohs PRO

Bohs Press Officer gave me this statement at the time the groundshare was announced ...

"The Board of Directors of Bohemian Football Club have advised Shamrock Rovers that the ground share arrangement can be terminated if we believe it is in the best interests of Bohemian Football Club to do so. We do not see this being invoked unless there is serious trouble or disturbance. We also have a clause in the contract where Shamrock Rovers must provide insurance and indemnity from the FAI whereby any damage caused would immediately be paid for by the FAI and they would then require Shamrock Rovers to pay them back in due course. While we do not anticipate any such difficulty we felt that it was in the best interest of our club to include this in any agreement."

In my opinion Rovers actions last week constitute "serious trouble and disturbance". The FAI will be picking up the tab for the damage too judging by the above statement.
    Eoin Mullen, Bohemians legend!

"You should always take good care of your cat" - Postman Pat, 1991

2005 - a great year for Irish football

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir
    Statement in full:

Newstalk106 can exclusively reveal that Bohemians have issued Shamrock Rovers with a stark warning over the use of Dalymount Park, after the crowd trouble which marred last Friday's clash with Bohs. The Bohs board met this evening. They condemned the actions of some Rovers fans, claiming they their actions endangered the opposition supporters as well as the players who were warming down on the pitch, and that significant damage was done to seating and advertising hoarding around the pitch. Rovers will be allowed to use the stadium for Sunday's FAI Cup game against Fanad, but after that game, the use of the stadium by Rovers will be decided "on a match-by-match basis." A spokesman added that if there is any more serious trouble involving Rovers fans, then Bohs will have to consider their position very carefully.
    Bohs "will have to consider their position very carefully".
    Bohs "issued ... a stark warning"
    Bohs "condemned the actions "

All talk. Bohs need the money, they are not going to do anything about Rovers....

The big pub are almost as much in the sh*t as Rovers are.......

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    All talk. Bohs need the money, they are not going to do anything about Rovers....
    Exactly. It would suit Rovers to be chucked out, given the difference in costs between Dalyer and Santry. Mind you probably more punishment to say that they'd have to see out the deal.

btw From what I've read, another great example of crowd control by the cops...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    they were talking about moving back out to santry, to the morton stadium, from what I've read on their forum, they'd have no problems getting in there
    How would Santry cope with the club"license" laws?
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    How would Santry cope with the club"license" laws?
    About the same as Belfield, United Park, Finn Park etc etc... The infrastructure elements just require plans now, as the Government funding never came through. Since Tallaght is still on the cards they'd get away with Santry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bohs need this hooligan virus hanging around Dalymount like we need a hole in the head. Of course we need the money: what EL club doesn't? But we, and the rest of the league, do not need to be associated with scumbags.
    What's most disgusting about this episode is that no one from Rovers has condemned the actions of their thugs. When Bohs fans transgress, even though they have done nothing on this scale in recent memory, they get a roasting on our MB. On the SRFC Ultras board, they're havin' a love-in. Instead of responsible voices who want to isolate the thugs and concentrate on football and supporting their club -- it's not as if they don't need as much as they can get -- they have tried to claim credit for how 'hard' they are, while at the same time they blame everyone, including the cops, for their stupid stunt. It was the cops' fault for not stopping them, it was the cops fault for bringing dogs, it was the stewards fault for not being organized (at a Rovers home game) and it was Bohs fault for having the timerity for singing songs with some cruelly pointed lyrics directed at them.
    Let's be clear about this: this was no pitch invasion; it was an out-of-control charge in numbers towards gardai and peaceful opposing fans. At league level, at club level, and at the level of individual fan, you either approve of thuggery and keep your hoolie cred, or you condemn it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Bohs "will have to consider their position very carefully".
    Bohs "issued ... a stark warning"
    Bohs "condemned the actions "

The big pub are almost as much in the sh*t as Rovers are.......
    That's it in a nutshell, the statement was like being savaged by a dead sheep. As Patsh says Bohs are ******ed whereas by Friday we'll be back in court to announce the arrival of a new investor. We'll be debt free and looking to the future for thre first time in a long time.

Bohs on the other hand are nearly €2 million in debt themselves with now way out of it in the forseeable future. And all because of their failed dalliance with professionalism and success - neither of which fit with the Bohs way of doing things. Hence the "stark warning"

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Boh Diddely, fair play there's plenty of threads on the Bohs mb condemning Bohs fans/BSC/Whatever. However, most of them are about your clubs continued inaction against those elements. Whilst as fans you may lay claim to some sort of moral high ground, BFC certainly can't imo, unless they're willing to take action, and enforce it, against their own too.

From what I've read on both sides MB's, the cops have to take at least some responsibility for allowing the situation to develop. As ever, if fans hadn't reacted there would've been no problem, but if that was a solution there wouldn't be cops needed at the game anyway...

If there's anything more pathetic than the "only show for bohs games" Rovers fans, it's the "no one else's can be criticised, ever" Bohs fans.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

Its a disgrace that the FAI are picking up the tab for Rovers vandalism.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers
    That's it in a nutshell, the statement was like being savaged by a dead sheep. As Patsh says Bohs are ******ed whereas by Friday we'll be back in court to announce the arrival of a new investor. We'll be debt free and looking to the future for thre first time in a long time.

Bohs on the other hand are nearly €2 million in debt themselves with now way out of it in the forseeable future. And all because of their failed dalliance with professionalism and success - neither of which fit with the Bohs way of doing things. Hence the "stark warning"

KOH
    We will soon see

Have you not learned anything over the last 5 years?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Its a disgrace that the FAI are picking up the tab for Rovers vandalism.
    They're not really though - they're going guarantor in effect. The FAI pay Bohs, Rovers pay the FAI.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast