Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Callaghan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

O'Callaghan

Interview with George O'Callaghan in Sindo:

O'Callaghan was never the reluctant interviewee and not only is he open about beating his own demons but also on his relationships with other players in the league.

"It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up. Some had their say last Sunday night at the players' awards saying I didn't have respect for them and all that. They don't like me. Shels' players hate me. It's grand because the feeling is mutual. I hate Shels with a passion and it's one team I'd never play for.

'I hate Shels with a passion and it's one team I'd never play for. Do you know what: they're just bullies'

"Do you know what: they're just bullies but they can't do it anymore because we stand up to them. We've reversed it on them. They are worried about us all the time.

"You know," he says with a roguish smile, "I can't wait for our first game against them next season!"

What a sad, pathetic little man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Two things are factual here.

One. The Cork rule on this site means I would bet my house that you will be "asked" to change your sig. Unfortunate as George is filth.

Two. O'callaghan in a ****ing hypocrite. He admits trying to wind people up and is always at the ref himself then he says $hels are scum or whatever for doing it. If he didn't like $hels bullying then why did he "reverse" it!

His mouth will only ensure that $hels players will go at him during the match he is looking forward to.

As much as I hate every single thing about $hels I wouldn't bemoan someone breaking his legs, afterall he could have done much worse to a kid if he wasn't caught drunk driving.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Come on Speranza, come over to the dark side....you're nearly there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    George O'Callaghan at today's game came across as a total plonker and after reading the above quotes, any doubt I may of had evaporated. He clearly is a fool.
    Last edited by Gareth; 05/12/2005 at 10:34 AM.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Such a fool, he's really not helping people's opinion of him by saying such things.

The ref was very lenient toward's him today. He deserved a red card in my opinion.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He should have been booked on far more than one occassion, but that was ultimately the referee's decision. Maybe he was asking him if he fancied a cuppa after the game, with a scowl on his face to confuse viewers?

"It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up."
    Should read:
    "It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up, diving, play-acting, and begging referees to get them sent off. I don't see why it upsets them, sure I'd love to hit the showers 30 minutes early and still get paid."
    God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfc red
    "It's hard for me in this league because the players don't like me because I'm always at them, I'm always winding them up. Some had their say last Sunday night at the players' awards saying I didn't have respect for them and all that. They don't like me. Shels' players hate me. It's grand because the feeling is mutual. I hate Shels with a passion and it's one team I'd never play for.
    Having been at the PFAI Awards and spoken to three of the Shels first time, i expressed surprise at O'Callaghan not receiving the award, each of them (thats all three - in other words unanimous) explained that he would never win this award because he wasn't particularly nice to oppenents (they put it a lot stronger than that, but i'll only get banned here for repeating their words).

What they meant was more or less (here is me reading between the lines) that most eircom League players get on off the pitch and have a respect for each other, which transends club lines. George seems to be a bit of a plonker both on and off the pitch, and it seems to have come back to bite him in the gonads.

He did seem like a moaning so and so in the cup final, and deserved more than the single yellow card he recieved. Its really frustrating because when he plays football and doesn't get involved he is without doubt the best player in the league.

Roy Keane found out too late in his career that it is vital to curb your temper, especially in big games, and i think his temper may have cost Cork City a stab at the double yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Breifne
    Roy Keane found out too late in his career that it is vital to curb your temper, especially in big games, and i think his temper may have cost Cork City a stab at the double yesterday.
    I am afraid you are looking for intelligence from George and from the numerous occassions of witnessing his totally daft behaviour you will be waiting a long time. He seems like a fella you wouldn't want at your club and luckily for Shels we will not have that problem. Gurrier, pure and simple.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    O'Callaghan is probably one of the best footballers in the league but unfortunately he gets wound up too easily and opposition players know that so he attracts too much attention to himself. Not really an unusual quality for a gifted footballer.

Yesterday a Drogs player for instance went for him in a malicous tackle in the first half of the game that was an attempt to put him out of the game. Unfortunately Georgie lost the head after that and didn't really contribute to Citys cause. Thats just the type of player he is, you take the good with the bad as a supporter of city.
    His comments about Shels are hardly unique every City supporter knew at the start of this season we had to stand up to the physical intimidation that Shels practise if we were to win the league. We did and we won. Simple as that. There is no love lost between city and shels big deal.

What some of the above comments prove to me however is the absolute childishness of those that make them. Jimmy Boy you are obsessed with City, every second post you make is about Cork, grow up boy.
    SFC what is that signature about!! FFS. O'Callaghan and his family, another sad little shels boy obsessed with Cork.

Lads we spent 12 years waiting for this league, god knows how many years coming second, last day dissapointments, etc, etc, and George was one of our best footballers all year long. We had it coming we deserved it, get over it will ye!
    Cork City FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good point Rebs23... nah, full of shít, according to unnamed city fans, Georgie the cnut only came out with these comments because we wouldn't sign him!!!

And whats with him saying he wants to play for celtic so he can score more goals??? I'd be deeply offended if a Shelbourrne player came out and said that!

I also find it funny that a city fan would come out and call a Shels fan obsessed!!! And no love lost between Cork and Shels??? We don't give a fcuk about you!!!

He is scum, a cheat and not really that good a footballer, oh yeah, and he's inbred!

Forza Shelbourne!
    Sitting pretty!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red
    He is scum, a cheat and not really that good a footballer
    Hear, hear showed his true colours yersterday, the useless whinge-bag. If I was a Cork fan I'd want the liabilitie as far away from my team as possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Before this thread ends up as a shouting match, can I say that I just feel a professional footballer should be more professional than to come out with the rubbish O'Callaghan came out with. I don't know the chap but from listening to people, you probably are better off not knowing him. On the pitch I have seen him dive, look for players booked and moaning constantly. Whatever about playing football, he needs to cop on. He has excellent moments and I have not watched him enough to judge on that aspect over a full season but when I do see him, its not the football that I notice. Now before a list of Shels players are listed, I am against that behaviour from ANY players or staff so don't start calling me a hypocrite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    Before this thread ends up as a shouting match, can I say that I just feel a professional footballer should be more professional than to come out with the rubbish O'Callaghan came out with. I don't know the chap but from listening to people, you probably are better off not knowing him. On the pitch I have seen him dive, look for players booked and moaning constantly. Whatever about playing football, he needs to cop on. He has excellent moments and I have not watched him enough to judge on that aspect over a full season but when I do see him, its not the football that I notice. Now before a list of Shels players are listed, I am against that behaviour from ANY players or staff so don't start calling me a hypocrite.
    Totally agree
    and he should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for his comments
    what does he think he's going to achieve by saying shyte like that

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there anything more pathetic than $hels fans whinging about a player winding other players up?
    $hels, the team that is full to the brim of vicious thugs who have spent the last few seasons intimidating, assaulting and berating every player, referree and manager in the country?

Whinging shower of w*nkers the lot of you, you were well hammered by George, Roy and every other City player this season, becuase we decided to stand up to your thuggery and not take it anymore.

Run along to mammy the lot of you.....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We don't give a fcuk about you!!!

The most obssesssed little saddo comes out with the post of the century.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Good point Rebs23... nah, full of shít, according to unnamed city fans, Georgie the cnut only came out with these comments because we wouldn't sign him!!!

And whats with him saying he wants to play for celtic so he can score more goals??? I'd be deeply offended if a Shelbourrne player came out and said that!

I also find it funny that a city fan would come out and call a Shels fan obsessed!!! And no love lost between Cork and Shels??? We don't give a fcuk about you!!!

He is scum, a cheat and not really that good a footballer, oh yeah, and he's inbred!

Forza Shelbourne!
    So I am "full of ****"! Alright you little keyboard warrior, lets go through your thought provoking and insightful comments above.

He only came out with those comments cause Shels wouldn't sign him, ah didums its my ball and I'm not letting you play!!!

"Obsessed Shels fans" I'm only going by the signatures and the comments above! You "don't give a ****" well why post about Georgie so??
    As for "not being a really good footballer" your in the minority there!
    As for being "inbred" well by the tone and content of your posts you seem to have only just discovered language as a means of communication.

Lads grow up a small bit. Some of us have left the school yard.
    Cork City FC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Well I think I have been fairly level headed in my comments about George. I did say everyone would fly off the handle here and that it has, and I did previously comment on the fact that I dislike that kind of behaviour from the team I support or any other. But I feel this thread has lost its worth as I can see Patsh, rebs23 and Drums having a slanging match. Chill. I recognise George as a talent but he also needs an attitude adjustment. If you cant see that, then your clearly letting passion overrule your head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    George O'Callaghan drinks and drives, and he's inbred!
    George O'Callaghan fúcks his mother, and his sister, and his brother,
    All the O'Callaghans fúck each other,
    They're all inbred!!!
    Nice to see the intelligence levels of some posters here. It speaks volumes for the support of particular clubs. I've been banned for less on this forum and can't understand why this idiot is allowed post here with his obvious lack of intelligence.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well I think I have been fairly level headed in my comments about George. I did say everyone would fly off the handle here and that it has, and I did previously comment on the fact that I dislike that kind of behaviour from the team I support or any other. But I feel this thread has lost its worth as I can see Patsh, rebs23 and Drums having a slanging match. Chill. I recognise George as a talent but he also needs an attitude adjustment. If you cant see that, then your clearly letting passion overrule your head.
    Unfortunately Gareth this threads worth was always in doubt the minute sfc posted what he posted with that signature. Appreciate the sentiment though Gareth and yes as I have posted already I wouldn't disagree with you that George needs to cool it a bit more in his play.
    Cork City FC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    George O'Callaghan at today's game came across as a total plonker and after reading the above quotes, any doubt I may of had evaporated. He clearly is a fool.

Listen, talk about your own players first admit their faults and then we'll listen to you.
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast