Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seery at it again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red
    Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances. Games are decided on the pitch not off it in the stands by whose got more fans!!
    I'm delighted the MK Dons are being directly compared to Continuity Home Farm here. They are the classic example of things NOT being decided on a pitch.

Tell me - what exactly has the town and people of Milton Keynes done on the pitch to deserve a senior football club ????

Having said that it was against the whole idea initially, though then bottling a definitive decision under pressure from Wimbledon's then owners, the FA has promised to bring in regulations to prevent an MK Dons situation from happening again. The fact that they have yet to do so says more about the FA than the necessity of such a regulation.

So there we have it - the FA themselves admit that the MK dons are illegitimate. Could you have picked a worse (or, from the perspective of a lot of people on this board - better) example ??

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve
    Now there's a boast to be proud of - " We're only the 18th worst supported club in our league, and we even manage to beat the attendances of quite a few of the teams in the division below us !!"
    In their last season in Division One, they were getting 1,000 or so on average. I think people still think they're at that level. That was my point. I know they're not getting 15,000 or that. Attendance-wise, they're more Longford than Dublin City now.

Do away fans not still boycott their games?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    See pineapple stu's post.
    But you'll miss my bit where I said I don't want this to turn into another anti-DC debate.

Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Wheres the article where he was swiggin' whiskey at 3.00 in the morning saying "fúck the b@stards, they wont get me down !! " as he was shaking his fist in the the air ??
    Reproduced with pleasure. Will be appearing on STIGonline shortly as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Seery
    I drove home last night alone. Nobody wanted to buy me a drink. No one wanted to go for a drink. I opened my bottle of Southern Comfort and I drank alone.
    As you do when drinking alone, I reflected. I remembered this time last year in Whitehall…doused in Champers…everyone buying me drink…everyone drinking with me…flash bulbs flashing everywhere. Great expectations. Great hopes. The train had left the station, the carriage was full. Alas, last night the room was dark; the only flashes were the flashes of the last nine months going through my tangled mind. The train had sadly returned to the station early and the carriage was empty. OK, I said, as I poured another stiff one. I backed the wrong horse. I made a ****** of it. I should have done this. I should have done that. I should have listened to him. I should have listed to her. Let’s go after Rovers. Let’s go after Collins. Let’s end the dream. Turn off the dimming light and start your life afresh. No hassle. No stress. No abuse. No disloyalty. No dealing with low morals. As I emptied my glass again and made my way to the door to make my way up stairs to start a new life, I stopped.
    *********** I took a deep breath a tear fell from my closing eye **********
    As I reached to finally turn off the the fading light for ever, I said to my self.
    NO F****KING WAY. THEY WON’T F****GING WIN. SEVEN YEARS OF BLOOD GUTS PAIN WILL NOT BE THROWN AWAY.
    I filled my glass yet again; the helpings were getting bigger. My mind turned to Breda, Pat, Mark, Eamon, Eddie, Ray, George, John Gill, even Tom on the site, Breifne, Sean Kidd, Paul from Spar, Lorcan, and all my sponsors. Everyone out there touched by the dream. The fading light got brighter; I heard the engine of the train give a little cough. The driver was heading for platform number 1 again. He knew that he won’t be able to drive until morning but he also knew the above passengers and more would be there. As I emptied my glass for the last time, I shed my final tear. Life waits for no man and man must make life happen for himself.
    WE WILL BE BACK ON THE TRACK TOMORROW.
    I made my way to my waiting bed and as I turned off the light and drifted into my sleep, the dream began again. The dream lives on.
    UP THE DUBS.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    DC have every right to exist - they just should not have been allowed into the Eircom League because the last thing the league needs is another Dublin team. But, as could be expected, in this country it's all about who you know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    In their last season in Division One, they were getting 1,000 or so on average. I think people still think they're at that level. That was my point. I know they're not getting 15,000 or that. Attendance-wise, they're more Longford than Dublin City now.

Do away fans not still boycott their games?
    MK Dons are at 4-5,000 average per game - again thanks largely to the fact that they are in an incredibly convenient geographical location for away fans. Much more convenient than south-west London was.

And it's absurd to say that they are closer to Longford than CHF in terms of attendances. 18 clubs in the English First division have higher attendances than MK Dons, and only 4 lower. That puts them in the bottom 20% of support in their league. Even with a geographical advantage of their own, Dublin City would be widely predicted to be the worst supported team in the EL next year, whilst Longford are likely to be mid-table in the attendances league. So where's the comparison ???

Furthermore - all but one of the 4 teams in the English First Div with attendances lower than the Dirty Dons are within 10% of their average figure. The one which isn't is the geographically isolated Colchester United in Essex (who only have one neighbour within a 70 mile radius of them, and even that club is 45 miles away). Therefore, when you consider the uplift in attendances MK Dons get from being so handy for away fans, the evidence strongly suggests that they have the WORST home support in the league. Which makes the ongoing direct comparison between them and Continuity Home Farm all that more spookily accurate....
    Last edited by dcfcsteve; 09/12/2005 at 5:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seery is a nasty little pr!ck and it's a disgrace that him and his pathetic "club" are being allowed to hold Irish football back. Here's another rant from him from 2 years ago.....

The game was marred by a disgraceful display by a minority of so called Cork `fans' who congregated behind Ryan's goal for the second half and hurled non-stop scurrilous abuse at the former Rovers netminder.

The abuse was so vile that Dublin City chairman Ronan Seery made a personal plea to desist but the morons simply turned their vengeful rant on Seery with some continuing to hurl a barrage of foul language after the game.

Said Seery: "I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots."

"We can accept defeat with grace on the field of play, but to single out an individual like they did and rant on in a very personal and individual way, was simply a disgrace and Cork must shoulder a sad burden that part of their following baggage is made up of nothing better than lowlife scum."
    Champions!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Seery is a nasty little pr!ck and it's a disgrace that him and his pathetic "club" are being allowed to hold Irish football back. Here's another rant from him from 2 years ago.....

The game was marred by a disgraceful display by a minority of so called Cork `fans' who congregated behind Ryan's goal for the second half and hurled non-stop scurrilous abuse at the former Rovers netminder.

The abuse was so vile that Dublin City chairman Ronan Seery made a personal plea to desist but the morons simply turned their vengeful rant on Seery with some continuing to hurl a barrage of foul language after the game.

Said Seery: "I've been involved in League of Ireland for many years and the conduct of those so called fans was the lowest I have ever witnessed in all my years. They were a disgrace to the club, their city and their county and a sad indictment of their complete lack of intellect and moral fibre. They were simply a pathetic band of idiots."

"We can accept defeat with grace on the field of play, but to single out an individual like they did and rant on in a very personal and individual way, was simply a disgrace and Cork must shoulder a sad burden that part of their following baggage is made up of nothing better than lowlife scum."
    He should invest in a rugby club rather than a football club then

Lowlife scum for taunting a goalkeeper? Nonsense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    "Barry takes it up the nose" and he flipped out .... he was like Don Vito when he gets angry, you couldn't understand a word he is saying. One of the lads asked him to repeat what he said, to find out what he wanted and it was as if he commited a mortal sin. If the guy wont actually explain what he wants then how can he expect anyone to do anything about it. That journalist is one hell of a fiction writer, i'll give him that much.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive
    DC have every right to exist - they just should not have been allowed into the Eircom League because the last thing the league needs is another Dublin team. But, as could be expected, in this country it's all about who you know.
    I still cant understand why he wouldn't invest his money in a club that already existed ?? It would have made more sense.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    With Seerys rants i now know why he didn't invest in dublin clubd & created his own. Hes clearly a lose cannon who needs tottal control. Couldn't imagine him having a discussion with other directors in a club...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I still cant understand why he wouldn't invest his money in a club that already existed ?? It would have made more sense.
    He did. Hence the 'Continuity Home Farm' moniker....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    "Barry takes it up the nose" and he flipped out
    Does this mean cork supporters brought barry ryans personal life into it, shock horror, I thought the cork supporters didnt like us doing that

Btw I was actually at that match and ryan did get dogs abuse/ slagging about what he did in his personal life, felt sorry for the chap cos id say he wasnt the only one in the ground that took it up the nose - very funny though
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,248 Posts
    And it's absurd to say that they are closer to Longford than CHF in terms of attendances. 18 clubs in the English First division have higher attendances than MK Dons, and only 4 lower. That puts them in the bottom 20% of support in their league. Even with a geographical advantage of their own, Dublin City would be widely predicted to be the worst supported team in the EL next year, whilst Longford are likely to be mid-table in the attendances league. So where's the comparison ???
    Actually, in the last three seasons, only UCD, Dublin City and UCD respectively have had lower attendances than Longford. And Sligo in the First Division this year had higher than them. So it's a perfect comparison.

Do that many away fans go to MK Dons games? I know they boycotted them when AFC were formed, which is why crowds dropped to below 1000. i can't imagine they're all now going to the games that they're MK Dons in Milton Keynes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong though - I've no time for MK Dons and regularly check AFC's progress.

I'd conclude here, but I've completely forgotten what the point of this whole debate was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Actually, in the last three seasons, only UCD, Dublin City and UCD respectively have had lower attendances than Longford. And Sligo in the First Division this year had higher than them. So it's a perfect comparison.

Do that many away fans go to MK Dons games? I know they boycotted them when AFC were formed, which is why crowds dropped to below 1000. i can't imagine they're all now going to the games that they're MK Dons in Milton Keynes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong though - I've no time for MK Dons and regularly check AFC's progress.

I'd conclude here, but I've completely forgotten what the point of this whole debate was.
    Do Waterford really get bigger crowds than Longford ? And I'd be surprised if Drogheda or Bray's support was significantly better.

The boycott of MK Dons has essentially fizzled out, which was always going to be the way. It was mostly in force in season 2002/3, when the Dons were still playing at Selhurst awaiting their move to MK, and AFC were in their first season. Was great to see large groups of Brighton, Wolves etc fans travelling to London for their fixtures against Franchise FC, but then choosing to go to watch AFC instead. The true spirit of football.

I'm sure there's quite a few individuals who out of principle won't go to see the MK Dons, but time changes everything. There's still a lot of opposition within Supporters Direct to an application from MK Dons fans to join that body, and I'm not sure if they ever got accepted. Interestingly, AFC's view on this was indifference on whether they joined or not, as they treat them as a different club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    Does this mean cork supporters brought barry ryans personal life into it, shock horror, I thought the cork supporters didnt like us doing that

Btw I was actually at that match and ryan did get dogs abuse/ slagging about what he did in his personal life, felt sorry for the chap cos id say he wasnt the only one in the ground that took it up the nose - very funny though
    What did you think anyway ... Seery was as mad as a sack of badgers or not ??

Could you understand what language he was speaking in ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What did you think anyway ... Seery was as mad as a sack of badgers or not ??
    Tbh I actually thought the abuse towards ryan was a bit ott - but in saying that I believe anything goes in football once its not violent or very very ropey slagging songs like singing about munich, abbeylara, etc, ye get my meaning.

I presume the cork fans who don't agree with people mentioning george o callaghans private life on here or on the terraces were disgusted by the behaviour of the cork fans that day ?

However as regards seery. Despite what people think about dublin city as a club you have to respect seery - how much time, effort and money is he putting into an irish club? Fair play, if the league had more people doing that we'd be flying!!
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sneery is a ballbag of the highest calibre! I mind his cry of arbitration before our play off with Longford Town.

Kept the playoff on hold for weeks, with Harps having to pay wages for those few weeks.

Banner in Flancare "Football One - Cheats Nil" Fcuk you Sneery

Funny incident from that: I was in secondary school at the time and was in class when it was confirmed that the game would go ahead. Me mate was in a different class and went over the school intercom with a roar "The playoff's on...Woohoo!"
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,248 Posts
    Do Waterford really get bigger crowds than Longford ? And I'd be surprised if Drogheda or Bray's support was significantly better.
    Well, the best we can do is with the attendance thread here...

2005 -
    UCD 653
    Longford 1004
    Harps 1347
    Waterford 1513
    Rovers 1539
    Bray 1550
    Drogheda 1682

2004 -
    Dublin City 592
    Longford 1131
    Rovers 1349
    Drogheda 1554

2003 (actual figurs are nonsense, but they should be in the same proportion) -
    UCD 783
    Longford 1586
    Rovers, Drogheda 2038

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As someone who is quoted as saying I hoped he dies screaming, I have total respect for Mr Seery and his DC enterprise. Despite having a minmal fanbase he has brought his club into the Premier Division yet again.
    If a club with such a tiny fanbase can make the top division it says a lot about all the other clubs who continue to fail.
    Fair play to Rocky, it's not his fault most clubs are badly-run piles of ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Because he's on a total ego trip.

Oh and Barry Ryan doesn't mind the abuse. In fact he thrives on it. Loves playing up to opposition fans and doesn't mind oursongs about his habits either
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red
    Here we go again with all this shít that DCFC don't deserve a place in the league. What a load of bull.

They deserve to be where they are because they're there on merit.
    if dublin city are entitled to a place in the EL then if i start up a team with my mates then i should be entitled to enter the EL too. they have no history,no fans,no ground,no tradition.they havent earned the right to be i the EL.
    for them to earn the right then they should have started at leinster football league div2 sunday and earned about 15 straight promotions before legitimately applying for a place in the EL.
    they are a sham of a club/franchise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast