Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Funniest Moment seen in eL

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funniest Moment seen in eL

would love to read the funniest things people have seen happen ON the pitch in the el

Tommy Dunne fallin over an An Post sign tryin to take a corner in santry was a classic!!!
    Last edited by A face; 20/01/2006 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallaghtfornia
    would love to read the funniest things people have seen happen ON the pitch in the el

Tommy dunne fallin over an an post sign tryin to take a corner in santry was a classic!!!

Rovers getting relegated last year. nearly p!ssed myself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    whs

that and Hoolihan getting a face full of mud courtesy of Bobby Ryan
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Paul Byrne playing for Dundalk against Pats in a pre-season game in Baldonnell fell into a wall right in frot of me. He made the wall move too. Took me 3 days to stop laughing
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Many moons ago .....Athlone Goalkeeper (Mick O Brien ?)swinging out of the crossbar which then snapped

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Some spud munching mulla attacking the Kilkenny keeper Forde in front of the shed a few years back. And cork lost

Cork refusing to play boez in cobh.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Some spud munching mulla attacking the Kilkenny keeper Forde in front of the shed a few years back. And cork lost

KOH
    that was pretty funny actually! dunno what makes him spud munching though!

nowhere near as funny as Rovers being relegated though! or when ye had to play a home game in Cork the shed sang "Your supposed to be at home" to the 30 Rovers fans that travelled! classic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Robbie Doyle scored from a free kick Vs. Longford for Bohs, runs to the bohs fans and trys to jump the hordings, creams himself ! classic stuff......

or we were playing Shels a few seasons back at the Carlisle, it was a big family day event and Rocky the seagull was behind the nets with kids etc.... on a bouncy castle, Owen Heary boots the ball, goes way to far, out of play, ball smashes Rocky on the head, his mask comes flying off, he goes flying himself, kids start to cry....... brilliant !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    another classic was richie "rat features" baker givin the rovers fans the w@nkers gesture and then runnin to play on the shels left after one fan went for him!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dan Connor kicking the ball against the legs of John O'Flynn last year to give us a 1-0 victory.
    Cork City FC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    nowhere near as funny as Rovers being relegated though! or when ye had to play a home game in Cork the shed sang "Your supposed to be at home" to the 30 Rovers fans that travelled! classic![/QUOTE]

thats nearly as funny as cork bringin 100 fans max for season after season to dublin to play us and then fat dolan havin the nerve to call the langers the best supporters in the country,great support last season but if i remember rightly u were doin well which explains the the jump in numbers

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebs23
    Dan Connor kicking the ball against the legs of John O'Flynn last year to give us a 1-0 victory.
    I thought he belted it off sicknotes arse to be honest. but definitely goes down as my favourite too.
    Connor oh how sweet that was, probably won us the title.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tallaghtfornia
    nowhere near as funny as Rovers being relegated though! or when ye had to play a home game in Cork the shed sang "Your supposed to be at home" to the 30 Rovers fans that travelled! classic!
    thats nearly as funny as cork bringin 100 fans max for season after season to dublin to play us and then fat dolan havin the nerve to call the langers the best supporters in the country,great support last season but if i remember rightly u were doin well which explains the the jump in numbers[/QUOTE]

well Rovers only have 2 away games every year same as the rest of the Dubs so you wouldnt know much about away support

lets see how you do this year in terms of numbers when you have quite a few places to tavel

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Can we keep this on topic folks?

Last season when i think story about Rovers player not getting piad by club when injured. Que "don't get injured you won't get paid" chant as Rovers player carried off pitch injured. Two guys lifting him off (foot injury) were laughing as walked past City fans in Dalymount.

"Bring out the plank" Years ago no stretcher at the cross so injured player carried off using builders plank.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Last season when i think story about Rovers player not getting piad by club when injured. Que "don't get injured you won't get paid" chant as Rovers player carried off pitch injured. Two guys lifting him off (foot injury) were laughing as walked past City fans in Dalymount.

Copyright Pablo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    listen pablo it is not my fault that there are so many clubs in dublin, if i had my way pats and boez would be done away with,rovers will travel in numbers wherever we have 2 go,Fact! we will prove it next season and then we will be back in the premier and travellin back to turners cross (in our hundreds of course

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    One of my favourite moments was in a first division cup match against Galway United. I was just behind the Galway goal when the ball broke in the box. Robert Forde in goal screams at Billy Clery 'Put it away Billy'. Clery takes a mad swipe at a volleyed clearance which skidded off his boot, over his shoulder and high into the net. Probably not what Forde meant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebs23
    Definitely the moment of the season as far as comedy is concerned.
    Classic stuff.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    rovers against waterford in inchicore the season before last and rovers singin (in the style of the eric cantona song) "ooh aah wheres paul mcgrath?, ooh aah hes in the bar!"

Also never get sick of singin "all the way to poland, u never touched the ball" to jason byrne. always makes him lose the head and get booked within 5 minutes

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,250 Posts
    Ah, so many!

The friendly against Longford on one of the back pitches in Belfield which was held up for two or three minutes because the linesman ran straight into Mad Tom's elbow and winded himself that badly...

A goal-line scramble in Cork at 1-1 in the dying minutes when the ball rolled just over the line but Clive Delaney, who was lying on the line, reached out and rolled the ball back under Pat Jennings in full view of the shed AND managed to win a free-kick out...

Derek Swan's debut when he showed for a ball, fell flat on his arse, had the ball bounce off his head and set Ciarán Martyn away on an attack...

The story about an Andy Myler goal one time too when he hit a powerful shot which bounced off the keeper's chest, over the keeper's shoulder and towards the line. Myler celebrated, the keeper saw him celebrating and reckoned the ball was in the net and so punched the ground in frustration when in actual fact, he had plenty of time to turn around and catch the ball before it rolled over the line...

There was Eric Lavine getting booked in Flancare and not wanting to show the ref his number - even though the ref was going to know which one he was anyway because he was the only black person on the pitch...

There was one of our goals in Dundalk in 2004 when the keeper held a Tony McDonnell header and then fell backwards over the line with the ball in his hands...

There was the League Cup semi last year - enough said!
    Last edited by A face; 20/01/2006 at 4:12 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast