Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shams 1-0 Rovers

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shams 1-0 Rovers

Lads i am sure it was heart breaking. What happened with the Bajdziak incident?
    What happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    **** lads...i dont want to be all doom and gloom but slowly but surely we are sinking into a quagmire..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We played with plenty of spirit but there are a number of passengers on the team. We just wont score enough goals this year. They were playing for the 0-0 draw all night

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yet again, the commitment and passion was there and they all played for the shirt but we created around one half chance all night. same story is guess, great commitment for 90 minutes, no goals though. 5 goals in 9 games now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    We were very unfortunate to have lost. We really need to sign a good striker in July, until then I don't think we'll be scoring too many. Although Judge did alright and maybe when he's fully fit we might get a few out of him. Bit harsh on Choice there RT, yes he hasn't been great in games this season but, last night he was actually alright. Some of the decisions against us were questionable, although shams should have had a penalty.

Such an ending, terrible tackle on Hughes and he was right to go back and confront the shams player. Then a mass brawl started with every player and players/managers on the bench too. Nice huddle by the team at the end and great for them to show their appreciation so much, it was a special ending!

Finally, to the muppet that threw the bottle down at the Shams players on the pitch, why? Did you not know of the fines we got for this against Bohs and UCD? FFS cop on or **** off, you are costing the club more than you're giving them!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with you Sligoman, it was a vey 'moving' jesture by the team at the end. But the lads made plenty of noise & atmosphere all night. The Ref, as he always is, was disgraceful & all the little things went against us. Thought Hughsie was excellent - he covered a lot of ground, battled for everything & gave us a real presence in the midfield. Vastas was good & Coleman's loss was felt. But not one serious chance in 90 mins & I thought they were playing for the draw from a long way out.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    overall- we did ok- i have been to 6 games this season, it's my opinion at this stage 1 or 2 are not up to this level- choice been one, for the good things Foyser does i really believe he's gone downhill and will be lucky to survive come July, our problems up front have been highlighted in previous posts,. what we need is a big player up front, we will have cash coming back shortly plus a fit Judge coupled with o'grady,curran, really things aren't that bad- we play good football, and we are no worse at the back than last year, we are certainly as good as shamrock rovers based on last nights performance, i think they are very defensive minded, as for the idiot who threw the coke bottle, well done that could cost rovers a few quid, great so see drums etc- some great chants and great support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal rover View Post
    as for the idiot who threw the coke bottle
    Lads, someone obviously knows who this cretin is. There should be a word in the ear of the people who can hand down a ban.

Get the bottle-throwing moron kicked out.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i didn't see it to be honest...if i did id tell someone and get them banned. its costing us alot of money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    i didn't see it to be honest...if i did id tell someone and get them banned. its costing us alot of money
    Didn't see who threw it last night but I know(and I'm not the only one here) who threw it against UCD. I'm sure the club could easily find out if they wanted.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well to be honest i didn't see the UCD one either but with the description given by the UCD fans on here i think i know who it is.
    did anyone see what badzjaik done? couldn't have been worse than what happened to mc cartney, a full thump in the face he got. Was their man that got sent off the lad that tackled hughsie or the one that hit jay? anyone know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    Was their man that got sent off the lad that tackled hughsie or the one that hit jay? anyone know?
    He wasn't the guy that tackled Hughes anyway. I confirmed that with a Shams fan today to see. Barry Ferguson was the player that tackled Hughes and an O'Connor fella was the guy sent off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Angry Scully slams “disgraceful” Sligo

Shamrock Rovers manager Pat Scully has hit out at Sligo Rovers in the wake of the end-of-match fracas which marred his side’s victory at Tolka Park on Friday night.

A late goal from Ger Rowe secured all three points for the Hoops, but a row which involved players, substitutes and officials erupted shortly before the final whistle.

Shams midfielder Danny O’Connor and Sligo’s Piotr Bajdziak were both red-carded by referee Paul Tuite, but Scully was in no doubt about the instigators of the melee.

He told the Irish Independent: “I think their reaction was disgraceful. I thought they played for a draw and they retaliated because they lost the game in the last few minutes.

Read more.
    ---------------------
    Scully you're a clueless ****ing ********!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought it was a brave display by rovers. There was 100% commitment there but unfortunately there was no threat at all going forward. we were playing for a nil all from a long way out. A couple of new forwards in the summer has to be the no. 1 priority. We just don't look like scoring a goal at the moment. Can Cook get a decent performance out of Choice?

Will be interested to see the highlights of the goal on the tv as I thought the keeper had saved it initially, but it just dropped into the net.

Great travelling support again. But where has shams support gone, there can't have been more than 1000 at the game??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyH View Post
    Will be interested to see the highlights of the goal on the tv as I thought the keeper had saved it initially, but it just dropped into the net.
    I seen it on TV on friday night! it was a shocker by the keeper. He should have parryed it away from the goal instead of trying to put it over the bar as he was so far off his line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    i watched the brawl in slow motion there about 5 times and i have 2 say i've to say i've lost every bitta respect i ever had for scully. o'connor punched turner in the face and then got jay in a headlock&punched him repeatedly on the top of the head. he should be lookin at a 5-6 game ban at least but shams are from dublin so nothing will happen. bajdziak deserved to go too & was an idiot for what he did
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    i watched the brawl in slow motion there about 5 times and i have 2 say i've to say i've lost every bitta respect i ever had for scully. o'connor punched turner in the face and then got jay in a headlock&punched him repeatedly on the top of the head. he should be lookin at a 5-6 game ban at least but shams are from dublin so nothing will happen. bajdziak deserved to go too & was an idiot for what he did
    what did he do? how could scully say it was a 50-50 challenge on hughes....what a muppet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    i watched the brawl in slow motion there about 5 times
    Where can you view it?
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1Rovers View Post
    Where can you view it?
    Will hopefully be on Eircom Weekly on Tuesday night. If it is i`ll throw it into the highlights post.

Shams fans texted Newstalk 106 on Saturday to praise The Rovers fans...

Would like to see the goal again, thought it was a great save at first...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darco Ooragnak View Post
    Shams fans texted Newstalk 106 on Saturday to praise The Rovers fans...
    What they say? were they on about the singin?
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast