Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wonder who's making the decisions to let these players go? It is strongly rumoured that Ski is on his merry way to Athlone (hallelulah) so I doubt any of the releases would be down to him. Finnin is not tactically astute enough to make such calls.

Has anybody else heard that Alan Reynolds is already lined up for next season? If he is, then he could be the one making these changes already as part of a clean out.

Rumour I know, but I got it from a pretty good source who has been spot on before....you never know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Heard something similar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    surely tommy barrett+colbert cant be left go?
    I would be genuinely surprised if Tommy dropped down to junior

Colbert must be getting fed up at being played on the right

Maybe a change of management would convince him to stay.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Has anybody else heard that Alan Reynolds is already lined up for next season? If he is, then he could be the one making these changes already as part of a clean out.

Rumour I know, but I got it from a pretty good source who has been spot on before....you never know
    Heard something similar
    Ditto.

Now that three of us have heard strong rumour can it be confirmed as fact??

Alan Reynolds. Any thoughts??

I'm not sure how super it would be tbh.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    great,we can afford 2 decent fit players now.
    ya but the two players ye get wouldn't lace kelleher's boots,he was the best player around two years ago and he hasn't played one full match this year!it would be a mistake to leave mccarthy go as he is the best goalscorer around for the last five years.ye've all bad opinoins on robbie.. wasnt long ago all the leeches in the shed were singin 'oh robbie kelleher'!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    ya but the two players ye get wouldn't lace kelleher's boots,he was the best player around two years ago and he hasn't played one full match this year!it would be a mistake to leave mccarthy go as he is the best goalscorer around for the last five years.ye've all bad opinoins on robbie.. wasnt long ago all the leeches in the shed were singin 'oh robbie kelleher'!!
    Robbie Kelleher is one of the most naturally gifted players I have ever seen play for Limerick and I'm disgusted at losing him.

I'm also by no means the only person you'll find who thinks like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    [QUOTE=booster 03;791926] all the leeches in the shedQUOTE]

Who in the shed wants to see Robbie go? please answer cause i dont know one, and who are you calling a leech? and what exactly do leeches do?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    leeches like FAIRKOP who turns on their best players go through bad patches!!how people on this site can slag players with robbie's ability on this site is beyond me.. ye'l be a million times worse without him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    leeches like FAIRKOP who turns on their best players go through bad patches!!how people on this site can slag players with robbie's ability on this site is beyond me.. ye'l be a million times worse without him!
    It's sad to see Robbie go, but he is not fit, and an unfit Robbie Kelliher is no good to no one. It's partly the clubs fault for not having a fitness coach, like when O'Connor had Dave Mahedy. But the onus is on Robbie as well to get fit, and he hasn't managed it. I cannot understand why players like Tierney would be let go though. He made the step up to senior this season and did very well considering how young he is. He's not on big money either. If we're going to be letting players like that go, what's the bloody point in having an U21 side? I'll reserve judgement as it's only all rumour at this point, but something is seriously wrong if players like Tierney, Barrett and Colbert are left go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Latest rumours doing the rounds here are that Ski isn't coming our way anymore but has decided to stay with yourselves. Other rumour is that Paugie is coming back to Athlone. Both of these from a source that can be trusted generally.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

you must be a mate of robbies,so defending a mate is indeed admirable,but this is about his contribution to l37....the point being there is,n one and the likes of me help to pay his wages.no doubt about his ability and talent but he has abused that talent...all you have to do is compare his present fitness levels now with what they were before.now certainly ski must take some blame for this but the buck stops with the player himself.robbies bad patch has gone on a while now..its been a slippery slope for one with so much talent,he has not conducted himself like good pro,s should,so time to give someone else a chance who will.leeches like me think robbies probably a great fella but quite obviously of no use to l37.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    alan reynolds was lined up over 3months ago i was told

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Latest rumours doing the rounds here are that Ski isn't coming our way anymore but has decided to stay with yourselves.
    Here's hoping the mythical "contract" doesn't actually exist........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    .ye've all bad opinoins on robbie.. wasnt long ago all the leeches in the shed were singin 'oh robbie kelleher'!!

Please show me one bad opinion on this forum about Robbie Kelleher. For the majority of Limerick fans he has been one of the most exciting players in a Limerick shirt in recent years. Its a FACT that he is overweight, he will say that himself. All that people on here are saying is that its a pity he is so unfit because he is such a great talent and its sad to see him leave Limerick. As for the "oh robbie kelleher" chat that was sung against Wexford for your information. Its really a pity that you call everyone in the shed trying to create an atmosphere and get behind their local team, leeches. Maybe sometime you could come help the lads whos main agenda is to make match days more exciting and to encourage the players
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rumour has it Shane Treacy is signing with Limerick for next season. It might not be true but I have heard it from a few people in the last couple of days. Does anyone know if there is any truth is this?
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairkop View Post
    you must be a mate of robbies,so defending a mate is indeed admirable,but this is about his contribution to l37....the point being there is,n one and the likes of me help to pay his wages.no doubt about his ability and talent but he has abused that talent...all you have to do is compare his present fitness levels now with what they were before.now certainly ski must take some blame for this but the buck stops with the player himself.robbies bad patch has gone on a while now..its been a slippery slope for one with so much talent,he has not conducted himself like good pro,s should,so time to give someone else a chance who will.leeches like me think robbies probably a great fella but quite obviously of no use to l37.
    last time i checked he still had a 9-5 job.. how does that make him a pro!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123