Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 10th MAy to 13th May

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I'm really scratching my head how on earth Shels could still be top of any league of football after 16 games with only 1 win in 9
    I suppose it's partly because the team losing €50k a week has dropped almost as many points as they've picked up this season (25 from 48)

Very strange season.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Strange game at RSC, Dundalk keeper gifts Blues a goal after 2 mins but Waterford were dreadful for the next 40+ minutes, Dundalk score a well worked equaliser and were well on top heading towards HT only to get caught with a sucker punch. 2nd half Dundalk were in it without doing much, even at 3-1 I felt if they could get a goal back they'd have every chance but half just seemed to pass them by, Mountney then fills the togs gifting Asamoah his hattrick.

Why Dundalk waited until the 84th min to bring on O'Kane and Durrant is beyond comprehension. Cammy Elliott clearly isn't a footballer, Gullan needs a good boot up the h0le the next time he chucks himself to the floor, consistently at it, throwing his arms around like a charlie for a lad who has achieved nothing in the game. The fact that Shelvey carried on as he did after the Drogs game suggests a complete lack of order in that dressing room, I've heard other things that would worry me too in regards to professionalism in the camp from certain players.

I'd seen enough last few weeks to suggest they'd be ok but the King situation has now become a total sideshow and will sink them quicker than the titanic unless the owner gets a hold of himself. If Kenny goes to Pats the entire place could become toxic up in Oriel. The owner was doing the rounds shaking hands before the Shels game, can't see him getting such a warm reception if this all continues the way it's going.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    He wasnt clattered. Cleary was an idiot for raising the leg as he was risking the ref having to make a decision and maybe others would have carded him. But it didnt happen at any pace, Pats player more fell over and on to the raised leg. For Calamity Cleary that was controlled, maybe he thought about it and put the breaks on. Didnt look to me that there was enough in it for it to even be a stinger never mind an injury and was being milked. A free and no more for me and not totally sure it was actually a free though you'd expect one to be given in this era of non contact football.
    I’ll have to watch it back, but at the game last night it certainly looked like he clattered him.

Polls was poor last night, particularly his kicking, but I wouldn’t say he cost Rovers the point. Maybe he could have been a little quicker out to Melia for the equaliser, but I wouldn’t put the first goal down to him. What Rovers were doing putting so many in the wall, and a players lying down behind, leaving them short of defenders to deal with the cross is anyone’s guess. Kavanagh was never going to shoot from the free, the ball was always going to be put into the box.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Treaty looked like breaking their winless run 2-1 ahead deep into injury time ,didnt see it out and despite the 4 goals in this game let it not fool anyone how poor both teams were in what was as close to a yawn fest as any match you would witness.Seldom i praise Barretts interviews after games but at least he wasnt using the refs interpretation of injury time as an excuse for losing that late goal unlike others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Just catching up on the highlights from the weekend's games here and I know I shouldn't be surprised by any refereeing decisions in a LOI game at this stage, but the two yellow cards that David Dunne handed out for diving to Gullan and Asamoah in the RSC the other night have to be two of the worst decisions in a long time. Complete and utter incompetence from officials.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Jack Byrne really makes Rovers a lot more dangerous. They just need to clinical with the opportunities he creates.

Bradley bigged up Pohls last season as the one to replace Mannus. He wants and needs him to be a success but now he is caught in a catch 22 situation. Stick with him but risk more mistakes or replace him and both player and manager don’t look good.
    Is Nathan Shepperd available?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    Have to agree with comments 0n Pohls. Was uncomfortable with him being no1 this season despite his strong showing last yr.

But think he could cost us the league but definitely could cost big in Europe.
    He's clearly talented. He has made some really good saves and at good times such as at 0-0 at both Tolka and in Derry. Made great late catches from corners v Dundalk and also at Tolka I think.

But too many errors are spooking the team (and me) now. You'd like to see him having grown in confidence and believing he's the champions' number 1 at this stage but he looks edgy and teams will be targeting him.

I know nothing about Steacy.

Kearns looks the best in the league to me right now. I alsways liked Shepperd at Dundalk but isn't he at Wycombe now? Wogan at Drogheda is a real talent but not even their no. 1 right now. It's a problem Rovers need to address.
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 13/05/2024 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Is Nathan Shepperd available?
    Being released by Wycombe after signing a short term deal there in February. Potentially a smart move for a couple of clubs with goalkeeping issues.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Being released by Wycombe after signing a short term deal there in February. Potentially a smart move for a couple of clubs with goalkeeping issues.
    I reckon he stays in the UK now which seems to be his main aim given the get out for free clause Andy Burton attempted to put into a new contract for him last off-season. After the troubles that Burton spoofer had in getting him a club mid UK season he’d potentially be back to square 1 if he came back to the LOI this summer
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    If Sheppard wasnt in demand last summer, January and is now being released rather than retaind after a short term free agent deal then I doubt he has a load of options. That short term deal was a favour to the agent that mde balls of things for his player. It was an agent demand for a free release clause, even a relatively small minimum fee wasnt agreeable. Rovers would be a huge step forward for Sheppard in his current career status, indeed Longford even in their current position shouldnt be dismissed out of hand by the chap or his agent. Whether you'd want Burton to get a toe in the door at your club is another thing altogether!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Just catching up on the highlights from the weekend's games here and I know I shouldn't be surprised by any refereeing decisions in a LOI game at this stage, but the two yellow cards that David Dunne handed out for diving to Gullan and Asamoah in the RSC the other night have to be two of the worst decisions in a long time. Complete and utter incompetence from officials.
    Gullan did dive for me, he's constantly throwing himself to the floor. Embarrassing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    353 Posts
    Pitch inspection at 3.30 in Longford has left if that they need another inspection at 6,not ideal for anybody….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Pitch inspection at 3.30 in Longford has left if that they need another inspection at 6,not ideal for anybody….
    Not FAI's first time making a mess of a pitch inspection between the two teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    353 Posts
    Longford/Treaty is ON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    353 Posts
    Longford off the bottom with their second win of the season,no win in 12 for Treaty now…..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Deserved win for Longford ,played the better football and Hery ran the show in midfield.Treaty as ever honest in their effort buts its a sinking ship under this manager ,played Devitt left full and was destroyed there,did nothing to counter Herys influnce on the game ,team lacks a positive game plan.Its 12 without a win now and its everyones elses fault bar the manager it seems.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Very small crowd in Longford last night, but best performance at home by the Town all season. Created plenty of chances and once we equalised looked the more likely to score a second and indeed should have had a third.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTFC View Post
    Very small crowd in Longford last night, but best performance at home by the Town all season. Created plenty of chances and once we equalised looked the more likely to score a second and indeed should have had a third.
    Was watching on LOI TV and counted 88 in the stand a few mins into the game.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Was watching on LOI TV and counted 88 in the stand a few mins into the game.
    Never a good sign if you can count the crowd! I'd say at best 200 at it.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Didnt realise that Treatys form was poor leading in it! Couldnt make it but was delighted to see us off the bottom finally! I was there in Ballybofey and thought we were unlucky not to get the point there!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast