Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: best first person shooter for ps2?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

best first person shooter for ps2?

any suggestions? i want to destroyyyyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,316 Posts
    Go with TimeSplitters 3. A lot of people seem to like Killzone, but the fact that you can't jump in the game drove me nuts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Not a huger authority on games but playing Call of Duty when i've a spare minute. Good game -difficult but not impossible. Hampered though by the ludicrous gaps between save points.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    thanks gents (er, or 'ladies'), i'll give them a rent. i saw killzone and timesplitters at the shoppa yesterday. i'd be playing as one person (no online) - hope they have decent one person campaigns? the war one you mentioned (i think lionel r.?), i'll look that one up too. only real experience with the fps stuff was duke nukem, doom, and medal of honor (original for ps1). oh and some halo at a mate's house. i'm sure there's been some improvements since them! chrs again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was addicted to medal of honour on the PS2.. since then i've discovered the delights of the PC FPS and sniping with a mouse and keyboard....
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi
    I was addicted to medal of honour on the PS2.. since then i've discovered the delights of the PC FPS and sniping with a mouse and keyboard....
    yea seems like the way to go for the fps. mate had medal of honor for pc (and an amazing pc it was), the game was insane, i was content to just watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I have Medal of Honour on the PC too and a couple of expansion packs. They're quite flash and as the PC has a great soundcard that whole end is the dogs danglys too but -as a mate pointed out to me - while MOH is high on the whole Spielberg/ Saving Private Ryan thing in it's presentation - the gameplay in call of duty is more realistic in that you literally have to keep your squad alive or you fail.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Get Deus Ex. Possibley my favourite game of all time, though I've only played the PC version so I've no idea how well it transfers over, if it's anything near as good as the PC version you'll love it. I much prefer FPS games when you can use the mouse though, so I pretty much only get them on the PC. You'd get the PC Deus Ex for under a tenner now.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Timesplitters 2 VS Timesplitters 3

The story part of TS2 is brilliant, however the arcade mode and challenge parts of TS3 are unbelievable. Especially if you play together with others. But I'd go for TS2 in the end.
    I'm addicted to Everything or Northing from the 007 series at the minute. Very technical but extremely good fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    thanks thanks, lotsa sound recs it seems. i think i've seen deus ex at the shop and i've defo seen the timesplitters and bond stuff. that said, i took noone's recommendations and rented the buckin star wars FPS instead.. battlefront i think it were. not bad but i ended up playing more ratchet and clank, ahem. so must try some of these out, i've had one version or another of timesplitters in me hand so many times i've lost track.