Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: United deny Owen contact

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

United deny Owen contact

Manchester United have rejected suggestions from Real Madrid that they have enquired about England striker Michael Owen.

United have been linked with Owen throughout the summer, with speculation
    that Alex Ferguson would make a move
    for the 25-year-old.

Real Madrid today claimed that the Red Devils have been in contact over the former Liverpool man.

However, Manchester United communications director Phil Townsend said: 'We have had no contact with Real Madrid over Michael Owen.'

Real Madrid club spokesman Antonio Garcia Ferreras had earlier said that both United and Newcastle are keen to bring the player back to England after one season in Spain.

'Newcastle are very interested in Owen. They are following him closely and are showing the most concrete interest,' he said.

However there are other sides showing an interest, including Manchester United.'

Newcastle declared their interest in bringing Owen to St James' Park earlier in the day.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Where do you all think he'll be this season? Real Madrid? Man U? Newcastle? Arsenal? Where? . I think if Man U really want him then they will get him no problem but if not then he'll go to Newcastle in my opinion.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Definately not Arsenal. They're not into that kind of high profile signing at such a huge price. Newcastle are always willing to splash heavy cash and they could do with someone to take over Shearer's mantle. They also have a history of playing together for England for a few years in the late 90's don't they? I'd say if Man U want him they'd get him, but would Owen have any reservations about going to OT being former Pool if he has other options?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard talk at the weeked about him going back to Liverpool...
    Can't see it happening but you never know..
    I would say Newcastle is where he'll be heading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Post I'm better than ever insists Owen

Michael Owen believes he will return to the Premiership a better player for his spell at Real Madrid.

Owen's advisors SFX revealed last week that there had been brief dialogue with three or four top-flight clubs with a view to one of those teams bringing him back to the Premiership.

And Owen insists he has improved as a player. 'Regardless of what happens this summer, I would like to return to the Premiership one day,' he said.

'Already I feel that my time abroad has matured me and I believe that when I do return, it will be as a better player.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Anyone think there's any chance of interest from Chelsea? Kezman has been sent out on loan but Crespo has come back.

The great irony. He goes to Real to achieve things and he ends the season empty handed while Liverpool win the European Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Anyone think there's any chance of interest from Chelsea? Kezman has been sent out on loan but Crespo has come back.
    Cant see Chelski interested in him to be honest.

The great irony. He goes to Real to achieve things and he ends the season empty handed while Liverpool win the European Cup.
    Never thought of that, serves him right anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kezman has been sent out on loan

No he was sold to Atletico Madrid. Would be surprised if he went to Newcastle personally. My feeling is Man Utd will land him.

thecorner
    owen at old trafford tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    You serious? I hope United to sign him. Himself and Rooney would be UNREAL upfront together.
    City Til I Die

Champions 2005

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    and apparently seen at melwood today according to bbc radio 1. so wouldnt read a whole lot into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Glazer: Get Me Owen!

Sir Alex Ferguson was last night cleared by new owner Malcolm Glazer to bring Michael Owen to Manchester United. Owen is desperate for a move back to the Premiership after Real Madrid's capture of Brazilian star Robinho effectively relegated him to fifth-choice striker at the Bernabeu. Fergie is a long-time admirer of Owen and Glazer has told the Old Trafford boss he will make available the £11million required to sign the England striker. United chief executive David Gill said: "The money is there for Alex. If he identifies a talent that he thinks will improve the squad - and that is the crucial thing - the funds are available. "The Glazers have said that if there is a big player out there who is available, then the money is there to go for him. We can still afford a lot of money for top players and at the same time we're also able to develop many of our own." A senior Real Madrid official confirmed the club would not stand in Owen's way if he wanted to leave and if they received an improvement on the £8million they paid for him a year ago. "If Michael came to us and said he believed the best thing for him would be to leave, then we would respect that," said the club official. Even Real's fans have turned against Owen, a survey has revealed. They rate Jonathan Woodate higher, and he has yet to play for the club due to injury.

Above by the Daily Mirror

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Go Get Owen

Alex Ferguson has been given the green light to bid for Michael Owen. Now Manchester United are preparing a £12million move for the Real Madrid striker. Fergie is red-hot favourite to get Owen after Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger last night ruled out a bid. Owen is unhappy at becoming fifth-choice striker at the Bernabeu and Real say they are ready to sell him. Old Trafford chief executive David Gill insists Fergie does not need to sell before he can buy. Gill said: “If Sir Alex identifies to us a player he wants, the money is there to get him.” United boss Fergie has had his sights on Owen, 25, for some time — SunSport exclusively revealed his interest on May 20. With Ruud van Nistelrooy looking increasingly like his best United days are behind him, Ferguson needs to beef up his frontline — and Owen has forged a terrific partnership with Wayne Rooney while on England duty. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger admitted: “I don’t want to challenge with Manchester United. I like Michael Owen but at the moment I have four strikers and I have not made any approach. Owen is not a priority of mine.” Owen found himself shunted further down the Real pecking order by the summer arrival of Brazilians Robinho and Julio Baptista. His future will be sealed this week at a meeting with Real vice-president Emilio Butragueno and director of football Sacchi. Italian Sacchi said: “You can’t have the attitude that you will only stay if you are playing. If a player is unhappy because he is not playing, it is better that he goes. You have to put yourself at the disposition of the squad.” United face competition for Owen from Newcastle, who are desperate to find Alan Shearer a new strike partner and would be keen on a 12-month loan deal.

Above is from the Sun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Everton Fail With Owen Bid

Everton have made an unsuccessful bid to sign England striker Michael Owen.

The Real Madrid forward has had talks with several Barclays Premiership clubs in the wake of Real's double swoop for strikers Robinho and Julio Baptista.

Everton boss David Moyes said: 'We have been in contact with Michael and his advisors - and unfortunately he doesn't see Everton as a team he would choose at this present time.'

It is another snub for the Scot, who has also been turned down by Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt earlier this month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Newcastle have agreed a bid for Owen.
    Said to be a record for the club.
    It's up to the player and his agent to agree terms now.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He will go to Newcastle on load if he cant go to Liverpool. Basically he is using Newcastle to get first team football for the World Cup but woul never sign for them long term as the club is in shambles.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's also trying to force Liverpools hand. By saying he wants to come back to Liverpool, that will put pressure on Rafa and the Board by the fans to get him back.

I've no doubt Benitez would have him back in a flash but I believe him when he says he isn't a priority at the moment because he needs a centre half and a right winger.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool get him on loan or do some sort of deal where they pay a small fee now and the rest next season as they don't have the funds at the moment to get who they want AND Owen.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Real still owe Liverpool £4m for Owen so am sure that will help when it comes down to the final cut and thrust. Newcastle have definately forced the hand of Liverpool and it should be interesting to see what happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Steven Gerrard has expressed his desire to see Michael Owen rejoin Liverpool.

The England striker wants to leave Real Madrid and is trying to engineer a return to Liverpool but the transfer remains up in the air.

Gerrard, said: 'Fingers crossed. It's obviously up to the Liverpool manager but everyone knows what I want.'

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry denied claims there was a difference of opinion with Rafael Benitez saying: 'There has never been a split between us and Rafa over Michael Owen or any other player.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And Michael Owen is not going on loan to Kildare County, Sligo Rovers, Dundalk or Dublin City either