Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    surely msl prem teams will try coax desmond into a move over winter?? im surprised he didnt move in the summer tbh. wonder is it a case of him not having much interest? happy to play local when gaa is over?
    Desmond is a hurler to the core. He won an u20s all Ireland and plays club hurling and also plays for imokilly for him to play for a senior club it means when the hurling is on something has to go to the Back foot and that’s not what the young lad wants he wants to be able to play soccer and hurling regularly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I suppose the question is if Cork Seniors come calling that could upset Watergrasshill big time.

In saying that they have a good underage set up so can only see them improving.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    I suppose the question is if Cork Seniors come calling that could upset Watergrasshill big time.

In saying that they have a good underage set up so can only see them improving.
    Once he’s on the cork senior panel he’s done with the soccer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I heard that watergrasshill team are all very good friends that came together to play together hence the reason they were so strong from October last year.
    When a fella is a hurler first and foremost it will be near impossible to tempt him away from playing with his friends.
    Good on him

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Oh but the Aul are full of quality players!!!!!

The AUL team would be an awful idea.

You know nothing of the leagues in the country if you think we can compete.

Let's win against the MSL an BL an then get hockied.

Oh, but the Aul are full of quality players cause we said so,,,,,,,

the Aul is the 2nd weakest junior leagie in Cork,,,,,,the Msl has 5 ten team divisions,,,50 teams ,,,,,the Aul has 41.,,,,,won't finish with 41 ,,,,the BL has 29.

The Aul hasn't asked for a manager ,,, hasn't asked for players to be made available ,,,,,,the MSL has , the BL has ,,,,, speaks volumes for me personally that this Aul commitee dosent event feel they have a bit of belife in there clubs enough to field a representative team.

But what the hell do I know ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Oh but the Aul are full of quality players!!!!!

The AUL team would be an awful idea.

You know nothing of the leagues in the country if you think we can compete.

Let's win against the MSL an BL an then get hockied.

Oh, but the Aul are full of quality players cause we said so,,,,,,,

the Aul is the 2nd weakest junior leagie in Cork,,,,,,the Msl has 5 ten team divisions,,,50 teams ,,,,,the Aul has 41.,,,,,won't finish with 41 ,,,,the BL has 29.

The Aul hasn't asked for a manager ,,, hasn't asked for players to be made available ,,,,,,the MSL has , the BL has ,,,,, speaks volumes for me personally that this Aul commitee dosent event feel they have a bit of belife in there clubs enough to field a representative team.

But what the hell do I know ?
    You are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else Jason
    First of all it is irrelevant I’m the other leagues have 100 teams , it’s a squad of 25 players not 250.
    If you have a good enough manager with the players that are there they are good enough to compete. 100% they are (my opinion)
    Secondly your dead right about them not getting a manager. They obviously had there own reasons not to put a team in which none of us know. Your right it looks terrible on them.
    It’s too late now but it would have been a great opportunity for 25 lads in the league to experience that kind of competition
    the ball is not a bomb........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I seen there recently that minty organised nite out for the last aul team to win it on social media and contacted Aul to see could he get sponsor off um to get lads few drinks and he was told by the Aul they didn’t want anything to do with it sort it themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    6-1 MJL
    The shipping league is way better then the Aul
    Give me a break

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry Gol, but you actually are making my point by posting yours in charcasim.

The Buisness league didn't even have there best players available because they didn't want to play in it.

Even from the Cow,,,,, no Bunter,Keegan , Tony or Arron Hennessy.

The MSL did an they have really good players an that showed tonite.

Having good players an actually having them make themselves available are 2 massively different things.

You seem to think, if we have them they will play. Nope they won't. Lads don't care cause they know the league don't care .

You might not like what I'm saying but it's a fact , I'd say you'd struggle to get lads to commit to the Aul team.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads in regards to the business league the squad should literally be Doolans team with maybe one or two from jaybazz and Andy sulls, they can’t do that but the cow are an obvious exception to that league

the AUL is and has been the strongest junior league in cork for a number of years, that won’t change, even the cow who would absolutely **** the MJL and have been ****ing the CBL for years would have a tough time winning that league, they’d be contenders but they could just as easily finish 5th, there should be an Oscar traynor team in my opinion, all competition is good competition, I have no gripe with the CBL having a team fair play to them for having a bit of ambition

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We can talk all day and all night about whether the AUL would be competitive but the truth is we won’t know until they do, if it does even happen, enter a team. I’ve no doubt if the best 20-25 players in the league make themselves available that they’d have a great chance. The problem is just that, getting players to make themselves available. Teams are training twice a week with a game on the weekend, do lads from Coachford, Watergrasshill and the likes want to be going up to Cork training another night of the week. Like was said above RE Desmond, lads are playing GAA too. If he wanted to be playing a higher level he’d be with Rockmount and I’m sure he’s not the only one.

Back to AUL matters now what games are people heading to this weekend? Village v Knocka be a good game Saturday in the MJC. Los Zarcos v Croatia Fermoy tomorrow night is a fixture that wouldn’t look out of place in the Europa Conference League this evening! Banteer must be making a mint from the AUL, how many teams playing there now?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Game I’m looking forward to is springers at home Sunday to Grattan springers form away from home is very poor but good side at home think village v knocka will be good game think village will sneak this one at home playing well so far this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Baller View Post
    We can talk all day and all night about whether the AUL would be competitive but the truth is we won’t know until they do, if it does even happen, enter a team. I’ve no doubt if the best 20-25 players in the league make themselves available that they’d have a great chance. The problem is just that, getting players to make themselves available. Teams are training twice a week with a game on the weekend, do lads from Coachford, Watergrasshill and the likes want to be going up to Cork training another night of the week. Like was said above RE Desmond, lads are playing GAA too. If he wanted to be playing a higher level he’d be with Rockmount and I’m sure he’s not the only one.

Back to AUL matters now what games are people heading to this weekend? Village v Knocka be a good game Saturday in the MJC. Los Zarcos v Croatia Fermoy tomorrow night is a fixture that wouldn’t look out of place in the Europa Conference League this evening! Banteer must be making a mint from the AUL, how many teams playing there now?
    All you can say is fair play to Banteer probably the best set up all weather in the county.

When you compare it to some of the older ones like the mayfield community school thr difference is huge

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lots of games off again the weekend, only the games on astros might survive

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very good win for coachford against a good young ucc side.
    I thought the coachford gaa lads were told gaa or soccer by new management?

Any match report on village game?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Coachford got a win that's all that's important ,

that's all thas mportant to their manager an team ,, an posters);

The Ducks are hitting us hard

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great win for Village . Fair dues.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Took in village game yesterday village played very well game could of ended 5 all tho lad up top for knocka missed 3 glorious chances knocka had completely different team to one that beat Donoughmore last week village had a lot of young lads playing for um hopefully they can keep up good start.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Anyone catch the Village Knocknaheeney game over the weekend .

Watergrasshill v Grattan has to be game of the weekend . Should be a belter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Few interesting ties in the Munster Junior Cup & Shield for the AUL Teams.

Cup
    Coachford vs Killarney Celtic
    Village vs Blarney
    Castleview/ City Wanderers vs Douglas Hall Athletic

Shield
    Los Zarcos vs College Cors Athletic
    Boscos/Watergrasshill/ Coachford B vs Powerstown/Cashel
    Herbertstown vs Richmond

Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast