Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goldfish View Post
    Great result tonight for castleview seniors, they have 1 hand on the trophy already
    Castleview seniors?? what ye going to do in January when your only 2 half decent players bunk ye for the gaa.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I had to join lads and let ye know there is a lot more clubs than the few city clubs ye consistently chat about

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Harsh ref;2170046]3 1 castleview great free kick from senior lad Murphy 20 mins left great performance so far.[/QUOTE

They played very well to be fair Donoghue was sublime in the middle he won that battle and he was involved in 2 of the goals, he used be all mouth to the referees. Murphy has a left foot like no other he’s a real asset to them if he stays with them and the lad on the left was like he was on a moped once he got the ball running at the defenders. They’re a great side to watch. The AOH is where they’ll be tested coming up against the big boys in the premier.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Danny is excellent that why he’s in senior team good enough all day long agree to with Stuart great left foot and good player to but big boys of premier disagree with ya there Aulstar I thought at start of season Ucc would be team to watch with the amount of players available to them but seen um twice the backline is terrible castleview front men will tear um apart all day long Grattan battered um Sunday and great had 2 players under 35 I’m sure big season ahead for View I think fair play to them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Everyone saying Grattan battered UCC last weekend. Was it 1-0 or 10-0?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    1 nil 10 nil still 3 points to the mighty gratts they schooled the student all over the pitch battered um student didn’t have a shot at goal not pulling them down their miles off what it takes to compete in that division in my opinion.

Suspended
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    Everyone saying Grattan battered UCC last weekend. Was it 1-0 or 10-0?
    Was talking to ucc manager johnny yesterday in work, he told me they were well beaten it could of easily been 4 or 5 nil they had 1 half chance but said were well beaten, he wasnt happy with the way they performed on the day with poor individual mistakes but conceded better team won on the day.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great to see two Norrie running Ucc tbf Jonny and Danny quillian it’s a while since that has happened I’d say two good guys.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ucc have some savage players I’ve seen them play a few times I’m wondering do they loose players to there senior team as the season goes on?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    1 nil 10 nil still 3 points to the mighty gratts they schooled the student all over the pitch battered um student didn’t have a shot at goal not pulling them down their miles off what it takes to compete in that division in my opinion.
    Going by grattans own review of the game it was a very tight affair and their keeper made a wonder save to deny UCC. In your head though Grattan battered the students so much that might never set foot on a pitch again from the embarrassment of it all. They might even pack in their studies and go on the dole it was such a battering.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I’m sure if few do decide to do that they’ll be ok they have at least 50 players to pick from

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I played in the game sunday morning against ucc. We wer the better team for much of the game we had better chances through out the game to which ucc had 1 good chance in 2nd half but we deserved the win, people on here saying we battered them or didnt batter them, does it really matter once u get the 3 points at the end of the day its all about results. No doubht we were all involved in matches down through the years that batterd team off the field n got nothing and on another day it cud be a smash and grab as i say 3 points is all that counts in football.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You rolled back the years legend up and down the line great strike for you goal to.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    I played in the game sunday morning against ucc. We wer the better team for much of the game we had better chances through out the game to which ucc had 1 good chance in 2nd half but we deserved the win, people on here saying we battered them or didnt batter them, does it really matter once u get the 3 points at the end of the day its all about results. No doubht we were all involved in matches down through the years that batterd team off the field n got nothing and on another day it cud be a smash and grab as i say 3 points is all that counts in football.
    Well done on the win, you’re absolute right, it’s all about getting the 3 points. Fellas on here trying to degrade UCC unfairly tho.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was talking to a lad today , said Cathederal only had 11 fellas against donoumore but donumore were missing 7 starters from their team due to gaa and work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legend23 View Post
    Was it men against boys
    Were the college gutless
    Did ye bully them
    Are they useless
    Or was it an incredible advertisement for aul football
    Because in my eyes it was a right good physical game where both teams respected one an another but the older team pulled through.
    And fair play to them as we are all trying to catch up with grattan and coachford
    18-23 they are kids, give them credit ffs not slate them they are only kids
    Let’s be honest “IN WHAT WORLD DOES A TEAM OF COLLEGE STUDENTS BEAT THE BEST TEAM THE NORTHSIDE EVER PRODUCED
    the ball is not a bomb........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I take it you didn’t see the game goal cause there wasn’t much respect there 9 players booked could of easily being two red cards but I do agree student were never going to get better of Grattan it’s all set up for great league this year which Coachford getting the lads back playing they’ll have say again this season to.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    Was it men against boys
    Were the college gutless
    Did ye bully them
    Are they useless
    Or was it an incredible advertisement for aul football
    Because in my eyes it was a right good physical game where both teams respected one an another but the older team pulled through.
    And fair play to them as we are all trying to catch up with grattan and coachford
    18-23 they are kids, give them credit ffs not slate them they are only kids
    Let’s be honest “IN WHAT WORLD DOES A TEAM OF COLLEGE STUDENTS BEAT THE BEST TEAM THE NORTHSIDE EVER PRODUCED
    It was a great game to be involved in lots of good tackles plenty of physicality from both teams but fair in that respect, ucc are a good side but with a college team is it a case of different players/team each week which could be a negative thing aswell for them unlike other clubs dont have that luxury of chosen from 30players every week but they will put it up to teams this season like they did with us on sunday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jesus Goal relax man it’s a wonderful time of year I’m not moaning man it’s no good coming on here sugar coating stuff I named myself harsh for a reason it’s constructed criticism that’s all fella I’ll be heading to west cork Sunday bus outing for the mighty View and Monday I’ll just report on what I see man no hard feeling just keeping teams on their toes.

Suspended
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was at that game sunday morning the center forward shud of been sent off in the first 20mins two dangerous tackles alot of yellow cards alot of niggles and arguing and fighting i dont think ucc will do much this year just my thoughts there is better teams in league than them and no surprise village are flying they will be a threat this year in the league and no doubht they will look to try and get there hands on the AOH for the second time.

Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast